1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron signs With lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is a big win for the Warriors, Celtics and Rockets, Lebron took himself out of the picture so now it's just the Warriors, Rockets, and Celtics as the only 3 teams in the NBA that are relevant.

2. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Ain't no thing. We can beat them.

ryano2009 likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Now you know why Clint was sad.

Whether they get Capela is still up to us though, i still think they won't offer him anything close to the max anyway, but we'll see.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

LeBron chose to play with lonzo ball

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#championshipmode
    #highiqplayers

5. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

He's in the west now, we have a 9 seed waiting for him for the next 4 years.

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Toronto was the best team in the East but just couldn't get past their mental barrier against LeBron. They have a great shot to make the Finals now though Boston is the favorite assuming their stars recover from their injuries.

7. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Why is he an idiot? You're talking about Lebron, I assume. Admittedly, he could have stayed in Cleveland and had a shot at the finals every year. But could he ever win again there, with the loss of Irving? Arguably, he's probably got 4-5 great years left (maybe)….is he going to waste those in Cleveland? At least with the Lakers he has a chance to start fresh, and with a storied franchise that has a lot of money and a lot of fans. And watch the parade of former stars as it develops, going to LA. It could be just like Miami, where Battier et al beat a path to Miami to join with Lebron. So, it strikes me as chancy, yes; but no more chancy than staying with Cleveland.

Sajan likes this.
  8. Mr. Space City

i hate the lakers more than i like lebron so i hope for many more embarrassing playoff losses for him.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

I gotta admit, even as a big Lebron fan I lost some respect for him today.

Lebron should really only have 2 choices, stay with Cleveland if he wants to remain a king or go to Houston if he wants rings. Lakers are a BS glamor move especially with PG and Chris Paul staying with their current teams he isn't gonna beat GSW with kuzma and Lavar Ball's big mouth wtf. Kawhi's the only other big FA available and we dont even know if he will be 100% ever again. Even worse it looks like he didn't learn a thing from the mess he made in Cleveland, trying to get the current coach fired and his man put in before he signed.

Goddamit Lebron, I thought you were better than this. West is not a joke, I will surprised if he is in the WCF this coming season.

Nelly likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe, I guess it's unfair to count them out completely.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Right, could just keep Randle though, sign Boogie to a one year make good deal.

Will have to see what they can put together. I have every expectation they will be a contender unless the Spurs trade Kawhi somewhere else. That's what I'm holding out hope for.

Vivi likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's an idiot because he just threw away the rest of his career on a team without a chance in a place that will absolutely tear him apart when the team flames out in the first or second round every season. He basically killed his legacy and threw away the rest of his career in one move. Truly impressive.

buffalobills!!! and Nelly like this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

They don't have that much capspace now. If they don't offer Boogie many years why would he go there? No security, no money.

14. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

The best part about this news: In 4 years when you ask stupid Laker fans "Who's better Kobe or LeBron?" their heads might literally explode.

15. jsingles

jsingles Member

They'll get one of Capela or Leonard. If not, I'm not even sure they're a playoff team

GS
    Hou
    OKC
    Utah
    Port
    Min
    Den
    NO

Are all as of today, better than the Lakers currently constructed. Spurs window I think is finally closed, if they don't keep Leonard, if they do, that's 9 teams better, and there are only 8 spots......things are not remotely done

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He's gonna have the Kobe ref calls.

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Luke Walton will be gone in 1 year lol

Richie_Rich, ghettocheeze and malakas like this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep same here, i hate to say it but if they get Kawhi you have to consider them a contender, i expect Noel to sign there too unless he's dumber than i think. If they can get this starting 5:

Noel
    Lebron
    Kawhi
    Pope
    Lonzo -> Kemba or someone in that tier

They'll be good enough to be a problem. If they get Boogie or Love instead of Kawhi meh, not scared of them, Lebron is still the biggest difference maker in the league but i don't see that team have a chance to win.

19. hakeemthagreat

She was smart enough to hire Magic and make him the face of the franchise. Magic is the SOLE reason they get Lebron. Smart move

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They really aren't without a second star.