1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron signs With lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

It will be very interesting to me to see how the whole LaVar Ball dynamic will play out with LeBron. Maybe Lance Stephenson's role is to be the person to muzzle LaVar, lol.

napalm06 likes this.
  2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Not necessarily. LeBron gonna play with Bronny somewhere.

3. Caesar

Caesar Member

As is without another star, I don't think they even make the playoffs. They'll be fighting hard for the 8th seed barring major injuries to the top 9 West teams. That said. I doubt LAL are done. I'm sue they get what they want and trade for Kawhi eventually and add another all-star and they'll jump to being better than Houston but probably still not good enough to beat GS.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LaVar is done in LA. LeBron will not have it. He's a non-factor effective immediately.

xaos likes this.
  5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Lonzo
    KCP
    Lebron
    Ingram
    Lopez

Kuzma, Stephenson, Hart, McGee off the bench

It's not that bad..much better than the Cavs

plutoblue11 likes this.
  6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well to be honest with you, I hope not. I think it will be beyond hilarious to see LeBron lose his mind over LaVar's idiocy.

7. Fantasma Negro

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

As presently configured, I don't see LBJ taking the Lakers anywhere. Maybe this is all about geography and his family.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol. LaVar isn't going to shut up. This is just an opportunity for him to gain even more notoriety.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is it? I mean it's better than what the Cavs have now that Lebron's gone, but is it really better than what they had last year? Other than Lebron I don't see anyone on that team as good as Kevin Love and I see a lot of laughably bad players.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's also clear the Lakers want one-year deals to maximize their FA opportunities next summer.

Vivi and justtxyank like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LeBron wanting to play on a team with "playmakers" (get Rondo, get Lance Stephenson) and had his chance to engineer it to get on the team with the TWO BEST playmakers in the NBA in CP3, Harden.

That tells you all you need to know about his priorities.

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

LeBron current plan is just trying to get current coach to be fired first, then he can bring his coach to LA. Next player move is to get Love to there to blame his when the team is not winning.

Sajan, malakas and justtxyank like this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Why? ... he seemed pretty miserable already, in last year's playoffs. Lebron leaving might actually open up his career again.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He would blow Lavar's candle.

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

Sign bunch of washed players to blame when things are going wrong..
    then take credit when things are going decent.."see lebrons carrying a team of nobodies to the wcf!"

Caesar likes this.
  18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

The best player in the world had a chance to destroy the warriors even with the acquisition of Boogie but he chose to play with Lonzo Ball and Kuzma instead of CP3 and James Harden, Honesty to this day I can't wrap my head around it it's mind boggling, we can all agree with the fact that LA is glamorous city and all but what an idiot and dumb decision.

19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

The more you think about, if LeBron came Houston and won 2-3 rings with Harden and CP3. Would it improve his legacy much more than it is now? I don't think convince the other side that he is the GOAT. NOT really, if at all.

Even for the Rockets in the scope of NBA history . Would we get our respect, historically ..hard to say. Even with LeBron , the argument would be they had to get another superstar to win a title. BUT, they say that about the other teams. Harden and CP3 would be a lot more revered, though. They are already somewhat overlooked, but both would easily catapult into top 20 or 30 players ever, because they have numbers and the accolades with rings. For shooting guards, who out rank Harden, beyond MJ, West, and Kobe. For point guards, CP3 is top 3 to 5 no questions.

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i don't know. cleveland had some astonishingly bad help from guys like hood and clarkson and none of the core was at the level they were at before (at least in terms of bringing it every game), but they still have more than this lakers team i think.

ingram may become something one day, but right now he isn't love offensively (especially spreading the floor). lopez isn't TT from the playoffs. when j.r. isn't dribbling out the clock, he at least played pretty good D (dipo and derozan had big struggles for stretches and tatum didn't go off). and they were all used to the playoffs.

i think the lakers had a decent defense last year (which the cavs obviously did not) so maybe that plus some growth from lonzo and ingram on offense can push them past last year's cavs but i don't think it's a given.