1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James opts out of contract, will become unrestricted free agent.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jun 29, 2018.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

you mean the recent comments that said exactly what happened in the finals. the way people try to spin and interpret comments can be extremely dumb sometimes

steddinotayto likes this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

yup. people want to hear what they want to hear.

3. riko

riko Member

Dude built a 20 MILLION dollar mansion last season in Brentwood Los Angeles for this very reason because he has wanted to go there for over a year now. Time to move on

Jose Capone and justtxyank like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Yup. It isn't really anything against Houston. James just knows where he and his family want to live and he will make it happen and in his mind ALSO make sure the team he is on is good enough to win a title. The idea of compromise to him just doesn't exist in that way, and I cannot blame him because since he has been 15 years old he hasn't had to compromise. Maybe it works out for him, there is no doubt that in his mind he can beat anyone.

apollo33, Vivi and justtxyank like this.
  5. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Haha you idiots.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If it comes down to rooting for Warriors or Lakers, I'm canceling the NBA all together and going all in on the Rugby league.

Richie_Rich, csj, Tfor3 and 4 others like this.
  7. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Who knows what it really was, let's say it was 50-50. Harden actions didn't help. We are only going off speculation, but one thing we do know is what Harden said.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden’s body language scared Lebrawn away. Harden’s body language is very scary, unless you stand up to it

Tfor3, topfive and Chanmarr like this.
  9. PatBev

PatBev Member

I don't see how teaming up with KL in LA is more pathetic than coming here with CP3/Harden who almost won it all. He made a family and business decision before basketball it seems knowing he might not win a ring again. That might be the most respectable thing I've ever seen from Lebron and I talk a lot of **** about him. Just like Curry, I cant get mad at a dude who seems to put his family first.

Honestly if I was Lebron my ass would be in LA too

10. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

As the offseason progresses, I urge everyone to recall the offseason Rockets thought they were getting Bosh but ended up losing him, Parsons, Lin, a pick, and signing Trevor Ariza. How miserable everyone felt after that as we all assumed Rockets would got worse, not better...and then Rockets won 56 games en route to number two seed.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

once again he said exactly what happened in the finals. what are you even talking about?

should he have said hey lebron come to houston at his own mvp award speech

12. Jose Capone

Jose Capone Member

Don't bum me out bro! Lol

13. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

You can still sign and trade.. just be more difficult.

14. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I actually agree, coming to Houston would have been worse in that regard...just saying I would have lived with it for a couple ships. But if LA does indeed build some sort of new super-team...I will hate them and hate them hard

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

It would be nice if we could add another player to upgrade the 3 and 4 position. ..

16. riko

riko Member

It was never a reality. Time to move on

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is what I have been saying all along. Rockets probably are the BEST place for LeBron to win a title.

But for Lebron, LA, can be "good enough" to compete for a title and also have the "family/lifestyle" stuff.

For LeBron "good enough" is all he needed.

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The best thing to come out of this is, holic's credibility has now surpassed zero and run into the negative.

19. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Huh? Was that a jab at me???

I'm going off what my son heard from his nephew, whom he is friends with. I know it's he say she say, but who would know more about your feelings on particular issues than your family.

@YOLO

20. Jose Capone

Jose Capone Member

I wonder stage of denial I'm in? Exception? But your right!