1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James opts out of contract, will become unrestricted free agent.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jun 29, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This will never be accepted.

D-rock and Stormy1234 like this.
  2. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

if he were to come here on a one year deal, how much can the rockets offer?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Heading to Philly would be my guess

5. Maverick Floor

Ok ya'll,

I know I said PG and LeBron were locks to become Lakers a year ago.

It was true. PG was on board.

But when he decided to stay in OKC, I was SHOCKED.

I found out last night from one of my clients that Paul George essentially "wussed out". The dude really did not want the pressure. He straight up backed out of signing with LA. He backed out and that's why the LeBron and the Lakers pivoted to Kawhi. I'm just stunned at why PG took the deal he did. I question his basketball intelligence if he says he wants to win a championship. It completely came out of left field, especially when he was the first to commit to LA before Lebron last year.

Anyway, LeBron coming to LA was never contingent to Paul George signing or even Kawhi, obviously. He was set from day one.

The Space Jam 2 trailer was cancelled, but it did contain LeBron wearing his Laker uniform.

There's so much more info I'm starting to hear, especially some Rockets tidbits. But with the way ya'll treat me sharing information, it's best I not share. People get all worked up!

So if you want me to apologize, I apologize that Paul George did not sign with the Lakers. It turned out to be false! I was for sure he was going to be a Laker. A lot of us in the industry were sure. But the unthinkable sometimes happens (see Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump).

However, LeBron was a man unafraid to take on the pressure of playing in Los Angeles. He understands what it takes to wear a Laker uniform. And it's still perplexing to me that Paul George, a California native, of all people, did not have it in him.

Again, if you want my apology, I apologize that I led you to believe Paul George was going to sign with the Lakers. I'm only as good as what my sources tell me, just like any other reporter (not saying that I'm a reporter or insider). But things happen. Things change. I can only wish Paul George good luck in what he's aspiring to do for himself.

As for LeBron, I hope I delivered the truth. I told you he was going to sign a 4-year max. Not a 1 +1.

He's a Laker for life.

That's all, folks!

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

People just didn't want to hear LeBron wasn't coming. I believe that this was determined a year ago. I also believe that Paul George grew close with Westbrook and decided he wanted to stay there. I think the Lakers should take note on Kawhi and send all three young guys if that's what it takes. Everything pointed to LeBron going to LA even though I held out some hope he'd come here. I like that the Knicks signed Hezonja.

D-rock likes this.
  7. esketit

esketit Member

lol paul george "did not have it in him". I guess kyrie irving "didnt have it in him" when he got away from LeGM as fast as he could. Maybe it was Le GM publicly bashing his teammates and GM after he was the one that publicly bashed his organization into paying those scrubs in the first place. Good luck getting your pooper pushed in by the pelicans in the first round ba