1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron James just became first player in history to score 30pts on 60% shooting for 6 straight

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sleepy Flloyd, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

What? I don't understand what you're saying with the 7m a year thing. You're saying if Kobe and LBJ make 7 mil, they would have more rings bc of more $ for better talent? If so, that makes no sense.

"jordan only made 7 mil. So like the team had like 80 mil spent on great players. Kobe and LBJ make 20+mil so there's like less money for talent that Jordan had. If They made 7 mil like Jordan, they would like have 10 rings each because like all the money they could use on other players!"

Homers like to say he played, but he missed 2 entire seasons. He came back for the playoffs and he was rusty. Who wouldn't be after 2 seasons off? Never mind that the bulls regrouped with Jordan back in the lineup to win most games in NBA history the next season. If Jordan never retires, he plays those 2 full seasons without being away from the game and having no rust.

As homers, we can say the Bulls would have had to answer to the Rockets if MJ never retired. But many great teams thought that. Hakeem is the only thing keeping MJ from getting 8 rings in a row if he never left the game. Unheard of in modern basketball. And i guarantee you the only "non believers" would have resided in or were from Houston. I personally don't think we would have won in 7 games either season against them. Hakeem may be my fav player ever, but that doesn't make him GOAT. Defeat would have been unacceptable in the Finals for MJ. But, we'll never know so Rockets fans and Bulls fans can dream all they want. Were still 2 time Champs but real non homer fans know it could easily be a diff story with MJ never leaving.

You come across as an obvious MJ hater though, so i don't know why i bothered.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

I never said Kobe or LBJ would have 10 rings, I just said they'd have MORE rings than they have now if they made 7M. Why does it not make more sense?

You're making the argument yourself, money= more talent. More talent= more rings. Especially on a team like the Lakers which has an excellent coaching staff and an excellent FO, what kind of team can they put around Kobe if he only made 7M a year? For starters, they probably could have afforded Jason Kidd to be the pg and have Fisher as backup.

But the point is he DID retire, and unlike most what-ifs MJ retiring is his own fault. Nobody knows why MJ retired, he was healthy and had no injuries. All we really know is he really wanted to play professional baseball, while Hakeem left soccer behind and dedicated his whole life to basketball.

But apparently any sort of criticism on MJ makes you hater. Hell picking another GREAT like Hakeem or Kareem over MJ makes you a biased hater. I don't really know why I bothered, apparently you live, breathe and worship the ground MJ walked on.

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

LeBron's 10 worst FG% shooting games of the season:

37.5% (6-16) at Portland
    40.0% (8-20) at Phoenix (played with the flu)
    44.4% (8-18) vs Minnesota
    45.2% (14-31) at Boston
    45.5% (10-22) at Orlando
    47.1% (11-12) at Denver
    47.4% (9-19) at Charlotte
    47.8% (8-17) vs Denver
    50.0% (10-20) at Indiana
    50.0% (8-16) at New York

I saw this on another site and thought it couldn't be right, but I looked it up and it us... I think this is more impressive than the recent streak of 6 games over 30pts/60%+ FG. He only has 8 games ALL SEASON under 50% shooting???

4. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

If true, that's pretty insane for a perimeter player.

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

It's 100% accurate. I double checked it against ESPN's game log.

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

*** Except the Denver game is supposed to say 11-23, not 11-12 lol

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You are actually describing Portland's salaries when Drexler was in the Finals and not even top 3 paid on his team. In one season, Drexler was actually the 6th highest paid player on Portland!!! :eek:

Where is this $7m coming from? No one on a contending team in Jordan's 1st 3 rings was making >$4m. In Jordan's last two rings, he made over $30m each year.

In his first three rings, the Bulls were nowhere close to having the highest team salaries. You should check out Detroit, Portland, Knicks, Seattle and Spurs salaries. Outside of Jordan, those three Bulls teams were not stacked with talent, compared to Detroit, Portland, Seattle, Phoenix, Knicks.

#167 heypartner, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Krause building a team has a lot to do with it though, in general more $ means more talent. Pointing out Portland where the GM was inept isn't exactly a good comparison.

You may not think the Bulls were talented but considering they reached the finals without MJ they must have something.

9. heypartner

Saying a GM who got his team to the Finals twice with Drexler is inept because he had a high salary is somewhat completely converse your to argument that the Bulls artificially kept Jordan's salary down...which is false, anyhow. I just proved that.

I forgot Utah, too. They had a bigger salary, too.

The Bulls played the Rockets in the Finals. really?

Reinvent history much?

The Bulls lost in the 2nd round both times, dude, to two different teams. And in '95 their highest scoring player in the playoffs was none other than, Micheal Jordan....scoring 31.5 points! Plus, they also added Toni Kukoc....who wasn't on the 1st three ring teams.

Just give up. Your argument is so full of holes, it's silly.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This month Lebron TS% is 78%

11. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

The ridiculous thing is he is arguing kobe and lebron having more rings if they made 7mil during their careers as if its the same equivalent to when MJ was playing. 92-93 for example, the salary cap is 14 mil. Bulls salary was $18,535,000. MJ made 4 mil and Pip made 3.4, cartwright 2.2 and Grant 1.9. and everyone else barely 1 mil or way under. Yeah, they could really afford all those $12-18 mil super role players and all stars that Kobe and lebron could get making 7mil....

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I remember playing basketball video games as a kid, and creating a player that was 6-9 (just tall enough to be able to max out all the speed/agility attributes) who could run faster and jump higher than everyone. I gave him a jumper, handles, he could play defense and fill in at all 5 positions. Well that guy is real, and his name is LeBron James.

13. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

It doesn't make sense bc Kobe and LBJ making only 7 mil in a league where the salary cap is 58 mil is ridiculous compared to MJ making 4 mil out of 14 mil cap.

Also i wasn't saying criticizing MJ means you are a hater. You are just pulling **** out of your ass to make him look like he's nothing people make him out to be which reeks of hater. Also i was telling you he spent 2 whole seasons away from the game b4 coming back and not being able to win as you like to point out. If recognizing MJ's GOAT status is worshiping the ground he walked on, then so be it. In a fantasy world where we would be NBA GM's, i would welcome and congratulate you on your KAJ, Dream, Duncan picks and letting me take MJ.

14. heypartner

quit saying $7m.

It doesn't make sense, because no one on a contending team made over >$4m in MJ's first three rings, and MJ made over $30m in ring 5 and 6 years.

Don't argue based on rosalian's falsehood. He made all that up. You're only helping him by continuing a debate where MJ made $7m in his 1st 3 rings, implying he was artificially underpaid like Drexler was...in order to pay for more talent like Portland did.

His argument is actually how Portland acquired so much talent to get to two Finals, not the Bulls.

15. heypartner

If John Madden was the advisor for that video game, he would have said, "This should not be possible. It's a glitch in the software."

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

that is why the Cavs wait for the Return of the King