1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron James just became first player in history to score 30pts on 60% shooting for 6 straight

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sleepy Flloyd, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

According to ESPN today, millions of people.

2. aaaa

aaaa Member

My post was definitely not demeaning, or implying that he's Shaq. This is not including yesterday's game, but ... see below where the majority of his shots are coming from in this recent stretch (which he's definitely not shooting 70% jumpers). That's what I was talking about. Very impressive

[​IMG]

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Obviously, he's playing great, and this stat reflects that. But, I'm in the camp that says weird slices of data are not 'records.' Records are things like most points in a game or a season, or highest FG%, or consecutive wins, etc. Slicing data to say no one has done X and Y over Z number of games is some silly cherry-picking. The record books aren't fat enough to accomodate every random slice of data analysts can come up with. It's indicative of the great job he's doing, but wait for the end of the season to talk about records and feats no one has done before -- I'm sure by the time this season is over, he'll have broken a legit record or two for a season.

4. koolvid12

koolvid12 Member

I agree these past great games from him he's been domininating in the post and showing off his post ups. Yesterdays game that I saw in leaguepass he was going ham with just pure post ups, his first 5 of 6 shots were post ups. He looking like shaq lol

5. koolvid12

koolvid12 Member

Records are Records and there have been great types of streaks that should be remembered but I agree they're not the 1st class kind of records but people have been praising him before he broke this record today clearly, and why not praise the dominant february he's had, but even then people are mostly talking about this year being lebron's best and how great he's been overall. LeBron is currently 3rd in scoring and 1st in FG made :eek: so much for not being an elite scorer like durant and kobe :cool: He's clearly the most impressive when you factor how much more efficient he is than the others with similiar scores.

6. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

How did they lose 6/11 of those games? :eek: They even lost the one where Jordan had 47/11/13.

On the other hand, when Lebron dominates, the Heat win.

7. koolvid12

koolvid12 Member

It's called good morale. I've never been so pumped watching another player from another team, so I could only imagine what it felt to be a temmate of lebron on the court. You can tell he tries to get all his teammates going by giving them open looks or driving to the basket and getting all the attention only to pass it up to an open shooter left in the back. His dunksalso pump everybody up, ray looked like the happiest man in the world when he tossed a ball to lebron for a nasty dunk yesterday.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Can you even breath on him now without a foul call?

IF you foul in the act of shooting .. . Does that shot does not count against your %?

Rocket River
    The NBA . . .were 9 of 11 [most not 3 ptrs] = 30+ point

9. koolvid12

koolvid12 Member

Why wof it was foul that's dumb and lebron gets most of his fouls driving to the lane which makes sense since they will mostly wack him if they can't stop him. LeBron leads the league in shots made in the field so I don't really understand your argument and wouldn't be talking about fouls when we have our oqwn superstar leading the league in freethrows attempts with 10.6 to lebron 6.7. LeBron has only had 1 game where he shot 9-11 and got 30 points in this hot stretch and he shot 4 freaking 3's...

10. koolvid12

koolvid12 Member

Spelling error in the beginning, meant to say why would they count fg% on fouls? of course they don't count them.

11. likestohypeguy

Arbitrary? Well that is the nature of stats & records anyway, but I guess this means we're REALLY running out of ways to demean Lebron's accomplishments now- this year will be what, his eighth PER Title in a row? I think LeBron is the only player in NBA history to get hated on for continually raising the bar for his play,then exceeding those expectations every year.

:eek:

There might not be any records left standing by the time he retires.

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Who cares?

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly, I hate how today's NBA does this. Blah player has become the x most to record (.) points with (.) assists, and (.) rebounds in (.) games in a row. You could have endless amount of combinations.

14. koolvid12

koolvid12 Member

Those are arbitrary indeed but consecutive games 30 points at the highest efficiency isn't. I do indeed hate the ones like 25 points 6 assist 6 rebounds 2+ steals for whatever amound of games types

15. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

16. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Americans like to run away with stats and overdo it a lot so to me there is no need to make a big deal out of this. It's just great efficiency over 6 games from the best player in the league right now, nothing more. Lebron's reaction unfortunately not very humble, acting like it means something. I would've liked him to shrug it off and really not care about things as meaningless as this.

17. teebone21

teebone21 Member

more made up "feats" for the nba to promote him and get casuals interested. Hes a good player but DAMN its sad how hard the media tries to promote him. Its just basketball not triple bypass surgery. Hes not special just good bball player

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Gets paid more than a heart surgeon doe

also, I cannot name any surgeons

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is the best basketball player on the planet. How much do you think the best surgeon in the world make. Would there be a huge difference between the no 1 and no 5 surgeon in the world? There is a huge difference between Lebron and Kobe or whoever you consider the 5th best NBA player is.

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

You're watching the NBA and sports channels. You frequent and post (2000+) on a basketball message board. What do you expect?