1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Is Now The NBA’s All Time Leading Scorer 2/7/2023

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Objectively Jokic will go down as a lot better than Kobe but ranking greatness of bball players was never objective otherwise LeBron would've been consensus goat right now.

In terms of popularity Jokic will never catch Kobe so unless Jokic wins a couple more rings and MVPs he will be behind Kobe in ranking.

Jontro and Rocket River like this.
  3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I agree, people are incredibly stupid. Think of how many basketball fans rank kobe ahead of lebron and other insane garbage. In terms of as basketball players though jokic has already easily surpassed kobe, it’s not close at this point. Kobe is not in the same class

Jontro, Rocket River and roslolian like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Tbh what Jokic is doing is unheard off he makes Denver Nuggets look like a strong team when in reality MPJ and Jamal Murray are among the weakest supporting casts in NBA history.

Jontro likes this.
  5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya, i understand why on this forum he can’t get his due but there’s almost no chance he’s not ending up top 5 all time, with a ceiling of 3rd. It’s not even completely impossible for him to get to 2 or even 1

Jontro and roslolian like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Offensively Banchero looks like young Lebron but defensively has long way to go to come close to LBJ.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I do not agree
    They are underrated

They have high motors and good shots
    Honestly . . . . most super stars just need someone who can knock down an open shot
    Everything after is Extra. . . and Murray has alot of Extra

Rocket River

Jontro and daywalker02 like this.
  8. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah, Anthony Davis needs someone like Jamal Murray.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LeBron needs him more than AD needs him
    LeBron is tossing dime to open shots to watch his teammates go 0 for Forever
    LeBron has more gravity than even AD

AD needs to Man Up . . his 4th Quarters are garbage
    He is indeed being outplayed by a 70 yr ole Lebron

Rocket River

roslolian likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They look weaker because they are not that flashy outside of Aaron Gordon but they get things done like many borderline All Stars do.

Roslolian is all about those absolutes.......they are not. It is about fit.

#110 daywalker02, Apr 26, 2024 at 2:08 PM
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2024 at 2:14 PM
    Rocket River likes this.
  11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's hard for me to be harsh on AD when he's averaging 32/13, shooting 61% for the series while battling the ginormous Energizer Bunny/Bully known as Nikola Jokic.

Not totally excusing him for disappearing in 4th quarters but AD IS carrying the burden of keeping the Lakers in striking distance. Let's face it: While Reaves has been decent, no other "role player" on the Lakers has been worth a plugged nickel, except D-Ro in game 2.

There also seems to be big personality conflicts on the team that sap everyone's energy. Their very small margin for error makes it nearly impossible to beat a team with more talent and chemistry.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Chemistry is on THE COACH . . . then maybe LeBron
    The reality is they need a stronger hand.
    I was looking at the last minutes of GAME TWO
    The Coach should have definitely called a time out and drew up something
    Hamm allowing them to "just figure it out" is why they lost
    I guarantee Lue/Spo/even Malone would have gotten 2 pt out of that moment (Malone did)

I still feel LeBron took that shot because simply put . .. it required the least energy to do
    It was just a lazy play

Looking at the playoffs. . . several teams have been coached up and other have been just over talented

Rocket River

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I can't even picture in my mind Darvin Ham either drawing up a game-closing play on offense or setting up a final play defense.

14. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

This is what Lebron aging looks like.

He can't just "take over" and drive to the paint on a set defense every play. He's still very good but the only way Lebron is having big playoff success is if that perimeter scorer isn't him. He can still make the right plays down the stretch but he needs a workhorse to keep putting points on the board.

roslolian likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Me either.
    Honestly. I cannot say I have any evidence he called any play

Rocket River

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bro Nuggets are 5-8 without Jokic. Nobody would give a crap about Murray and MPJ without Jokic. Both are extremely injury prone and bad at defense.

If Jokic gets a serious injury you will see how bad this Nuggets team really is. The best example I can remember is the Cavs team LeBron kept taking to the finals with sideshow Bob and Ilgauskus

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

I mean when Jokic does 80% of the work it's not hard to get the remaining things done.

I give credit on Jamal and MPJ being good shooters, if you look at the Lakers they need a guy like that instead of Russell.

However for 2 max I guys think you expect a bit more than just good shooting.

#117 roslolian, Apr 26, 2024 at 8:48 PM
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2024 at 8:53 PM
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Switch Murray with Russell
    What do the Nuggets look like?

Rocket River

19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Murray has a 44 TS in the playoffs this year, he has been AWFUL, even worse then russell has been. I think if Jokic missed this entire season denver probably wins around 28ish games, maybe 30

roslolian likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Russell makes like half of Murray's salary, of course Murray has to be better than Russell. And they both have been bad this series.

Murray is the worst 2nd banana in the entire NBA can't think of anybody worse. Maybe Dame? But Dame is showing up in the playoffs.

#120 roslolian, Apr 28, 2024 at 8:28 PM
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2024 at 8:35 PM