1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Is Now The NBA’s All Time Leading Scorer 2/7/2023

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

“”Dude's turning 40 averaging 25/7/7, 39% 3 pt and 61% TS lol.”” So crazy! People don’t realise how crazy this is.

It’s gonna be sad when Lebron/Curry….. and also maybe Harden/KD/PG/Kawhi/Kyrie etc all retire.

It was already sad when Kobe retired but it was so sad that he also died in that helicopter accident, like Kobe shouldn’t have been taken from this world. I still think Kobe was so stupid for taking that ride when weather was bad but I guess it was fate.

Lebron has honestly been carrying the NBA for the past 21 years with some side toppings of other players like Curry/KD/Harden/ etc. I wonder how long it’ll be before we see another Lebron or Curry or Jordan or Kobe esque player. I do hope it’s when I’m alive.

Jontro and roslolian like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was documented that Kawhi Leonard also liked to ride helicopters but probably chose his situation with the weather.

KB and Kawhi were chopper friends.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah the lazy cop out with LeBron are always PED accusations but Peds don't turn you into a 3 pt sniper. That's really what prolonged LeBron's career.

Giannis for example won't be scoring 25 pts on year 21 even if his body lasts that long cuz his shooting sucks. He won't be dunking and bulldozing people when he is in his late 30s, KD for example has gotten so brittle he injured himself on warmups.

4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

There's a dude in denver who's already better then half of the guys on the list. Curry only ever had 1 season on par with peak jokic and kobe (lol) never came close.

5. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

1.6 three point makes a game is a "sniper"

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bron Bron Hana Hana.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is taking 5 threes this season and making 2.2 on 40% 3 pt shooting. That's already a lot of attempts considering he plays PF.

1.6 is his career average he wasnt taking a lot of threes to start his career.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

It depends if Jokic can stay healthy and play at a star level for 21 yrs.

Mr. Dominant likes this.
  9. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I dunno, man. Garnett talked about LeBron being on that new juice... Sonnen reiterated his accusation. LeMedia is silent. The day of reckoning is drawing near. Or not. Who knows.

10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

No it doesn’t, he’s already surpassed those two. He needs more to get into the top 6-8 range but he’s already top 10

11. Mr. Dominant

12. Mr. Dominant

Lebron something else…

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

You can't just go by stats, especially in an era of inflated stats. It's about sustained greatness, leadership, and accomplishments, that's what Lebron has done for 2 decades.
    Jokic is one of the greats but he's got a long way to go to achieve that type of greatness.

Mr. Dominant likes this.
  14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Agreed, he's not there with lebron yet, long way to go before he can catch lebron or mike. He's definitely surpassed the durant/kobe/curry level though, those guys just were not in his league. His last 4 years blows them away

roslolian, Mr. Dominant and JumpMan like this.
  15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He's "better" than those guys, but not yet "greater" than Kobe and Curry. (Durant is levels below all of them especially in greatness.). Kobe went beyond his stats and is a "legend." Curry has strong advanced stats behind him that Kobe kinda doesn't , AFAIK, and he has the cultural impact. Also, there's the championships. Jokic needs at least 3.

roslolian and astrosrule like this.
  16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya i’m just talking about them as players. I’m not really a ringzzz guy because there’s so much luck and stuff outa your control, like it’s not his fault Murray lost 2 playoffs to a torn acl, or that curry got 2 free rings. I get what you’re saying but I couldn’t rank steph above jokic, and kobe just isn’t in his universe to be considered, the gap is too great

JumpMan likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think yeah, some rankings like Kobe's has been upgraded due to him not being alive no more.....

#97 daywalker02, Mar 11, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
  18. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ThatBoyNick and roslolian like this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

I agree it's gonna be hard for Jokic to catch Curry and Kobe in terms of greatness because he is pretty goofy and doesn't command s certain type of awe and respect. The "idolatry" is really what separates MJ, Kobe and Curry from everyone else and in the case of guys like LeBron, Giannis and Jokic they don't get the same kind of worship because they are too big and strong/athletic.

Like objectively speaking nobody can really say Kobe is a better player than LeBron just in terms of achievements, accolades and playing ability. But even now lots of people rank Kobe ahead of LeBron because Kobe gives them a power fantasy whereas LeBron is kinda out of reach. People can fantasize being Kobe when they take contested jumpers (aka "Kobe!") but unless they are athletic enough to dunk they can't really pretend to be LeBron.

Esp with Kobe dying he kinda got immortalized into the ideal and super perfect player similar to Jordan so I don't see Jokic catching unless he wins a couple more rings and MVPs.

JumpMan likes this.
  20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

You don't see Jokic catching kobe in what sense? Popularity? As a basketball player he's light years ahead of kobe, kobe isn't in his class, and it's not close. I would lump iverson with kobe/curry/mj from a popularity standpoint. Go ask 100 nba fans who's better between iverson and harden, and most will say iverson, even though harden obviously is miles better as a player. When i make those comments it's purely from a basketball player sense and nothing else. Anyone who says kobe is better then lebron is simply an idiot and nothing more when it comes to basketball, just ignore those bafoons.