1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Is Now The NBA’s All Time Leading Scorer 2/7/2023

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 8, 2023.

1. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Everyone says this record will never be broken but I think Luka's got a shot at it.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron ain't even done putting up points. He ain't even done being a star, dude can prob stay in the league as a role player till he is 45 or something do even if he broke the record now he is still adding to it.

IMO Giannis is the closest guy to supplanting James but that will depend on his health and if he can stay on top for 2 decades+ like Lebron.For reference MJ went from GOAT to role player in just 15 yrs and that's with multiple breaks in between.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Someone did the math here, nobody is even remotely on pace to break LeBron's record assuming LeBron doesn't just pack it up and retire right now. LeBron will probably end somewhere around 42-44k points.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Luka is already behind lebron's pace. To break his record you need to insanely good for an insanely long time, and to be mostly healthy. Luka hasn't showed the ability to be healthy all the time.

clos4life likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

crazy thing is Lebron could’ve scored a lot more points if he wanted to

he easily could’ve had many more 30 ppg seasons

he went back to Cleveland and only averaged around 26 ppg those 4 years basically taking the regular season off

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

LeBron is my G.O.A.T. Let me preface this by saying I think Jordan is still #1, but LeBron is the one I will cherish more just because I watched this man's entire career. He deserves the ridicule he does for being a corny dumbass, but the things I've seen him do on the basketball court, I will always acknowledge this man as MY G.O.A.T.

8. i3artow i3aller

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

haven't seen this posted anywhere . . . apparently not a fan

10. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The first and last points are correct. The rest aren't. LeBron is a family man. He had a lot of help, but he overcame a tragic childhood to get to where he's at. He still works hard at his profession. The only expectation out of all of the insane expectations he didn't meet or exceed is to be the next Michael Jordan. He's still chasing that ghost. And really nobody ****s with China, especially not Enes.

11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

"Muh muh USA"

"L-lechina!"

This is why Lebron is the greatest of all time. His play speaks for itself but Lebron is a role model on and off the court. Lebron doesnt pander to the easy audience the way losers like Penis Kanter do. Lebron speaks his mind and doesnt recite the usual cac rhetoric the media wants him to. Doesnt sell out his friends. Doesnt respond to irrelevant attention whores online. Jordan wouldnt dare to say anything that hurts his bottom line

12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He could be the greatest based on his talent, play, and accomplishments, but all of what you wrote about him is propaganda.

MorningZippo likes this.
  13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

[​IMG]

JumpMan and ThatBoyNick like this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

jerryclark and ThatBoyNick like this.
  15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Luka misses way too many games. And Lebron was able to come out of high school. Not to mention Luka doesn't really look in shape like Lebron. I'd be shocked if Luka is averaging 30 points a night in his 20th season like Lebron is. This is some crazy stuff he's doing.

16. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Y’all think Lebron becomes #2 all time in assists by the time he retires? He needs 1732 to surpass Jason Kidd at 12091.

If wants to take over Stockton at #1, he needs 5446 more assists.

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Lmao, every political stance (literally every single one) LeBron has ever taken has been popular among the NBA target demographic, or directly relates to money.

You obviously don't know this, but you are the easy audience.

JumpMan likes this.
  18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

no lmao you are

You cant just make up **** and say you are right. Nobody is going to take you seriously

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

LeBron literally didn't agree with Morey and advocate for human rights in another country purely because it would have hurt the NBA's bottom line and his own bottom line.

I'm not going to sit here and say I definitely would have done the moral thing and call out China, if I was LeBron, but he really isn't this 100% saint of a human being, that you think he is.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I know you're not the source of the problem here, but suggest leaving Dish to basketball talk, and putting some folx on ignore. Just mah 2 cents.

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.