1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James: Great player, but a major idiot

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Outlier, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Dei

Dei Member

He can't be stupid. He's such a schemer.

2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Mcgrady really needs to shut up.

3. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

All I see on basketball forums are people calling him a r****d and saying how much they hate him because he's such an idiot. Even if he is stupid (I'm a fan and I think it's pretty clear that he's not very intelligent), is that any reason to hate somebody? It seems to piss a lot of people off and gives them a reason to hate LeBron, but I don't see it as a flaw of character. He says what he feels (like in the race comment), but he can't elaborate on his thoughts enough to appease the masses. Ok, so he doesn't articulate himself very well and he can't explain his thoughts with much depth - that doesn't make him evil.

There are tons of worse people than LeBron playing pro sports but he's hated much, much more than any of them. Does anyone else see something wrong with that?

4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I wouldn't say LBJ is stupid as a human being, but he is politically and diplomatically r****ded. Kinda like T-mac.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

The miami big three ruined the fun in this league, and its all because the best player on the planet is lazy and tired of trying hard to win a ring. If that wasn't enough, he says the most stupid shet and doesn't even realize how much of a big douche bag he is becoming

6. Franchize

Franchize Member

This explains all

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ldTtmeYzOgo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ldTtmeYzOgo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Don't know if he's stupid or he thinks we're stupid. Either way I've lost respect.

8. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

Ratings and attendance are up everywhere, there are a lot of title contenders this year (Dallas, SA, LA, Orlando, Boston, Miami), and more buzz about the NBA than there has been in years. How has Miami "ruined the fun" in the league?

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

It wasn't LeBron so much as all of the Big Three. You're taking two of the top five guys in the NBA and putting them on the same team. Suddenly, Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to join a team with other big stars on it. Carmelo is refusing to sign with Denver because he wants to play on a team with other big stars. Now we're talking about how contraction is a good thing for the NBA. I think the Miami 3 is what got the ball rolling in that direction.

The league has now shifted from individuals carrying their teams to championships to the best guys teaming up to make it easier. The Lakers and Celtics got a pass because they did it through trades. The Heat don't get that same pass because their big three basically colluded with each other in advance to make it happen. Right or wrong, that's why you see the hate for Miami and especially LeBron. LeBron gets it worse because of the way he handled "The Decision" and because he's considered by many to be the best player in the league. LeBron is this generation's Michael Jordan, but now to a lot of fans it feels like he took the easy way out by taking less money and a slightly lesser role.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

He was speaking out before he thought. "shrink the league" is just as valid as "not saying let's take Minny and Memphis out of the league".

My guess is he just wanted other players to follow his act and form up super teams too. The league shrinking its teams is another topic which he thinks would be good for the league, but he probably hadn't thought about it enough to realize it would mean taking out Mamphis and NJ, which he said he didn't want to do.

I agree with the OP though, LBJ's the best player in the league, but he's also a douche. Kinda' like Tmac, MJ and Kobe if you ask me. On second thought, MJ and Kobe were masters at the PR game, LBJ doesn't even bother to hide his doucheness.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

The show time Lakers had Wilt and Magic. Boston had the original big 3. MJ had Pippen and Rodman, who were among the top 10 players at their position when he had them on his team. Winning teams, esp. dynasties have always been stacked with superstars.

I didn't see people complaining when KG teamed up with PP and Ray Allen, or people accusing Kobe of taking the easy way out when the Lakers got gifted with Gasol. The double standard is ridiculous.

The main problem with all the LBJ haters is they hate the fact that someone has so much talent he can party at night, dance on the floor during timeouts and still end up being the most dominant player on the court. I think it goes against the tenet of hard work=success most people adhere by, although of course if they think about it they'd realize LBJ couldn't have gotten a more accurate shot than Kobe unless he always practiced his butt off between games.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I addressed why the double standard exist.. re-read my post.

The Lakers drafted Magic.. and Wilt & Magic never played together. You're thinking of Abdul-Jabar, who the Lakers traded for.

The point is, every example you listed is of teams trading for their guys. What the Heat did was NOTHING like that.. they intentionally took pay cuts in order to team up. That has never happened before in the NBA, which is why you see all the hate -- right or wrong.

13. thejav

thejav Member

i don't really understand all the lebron hate on this board.. the guy kinda has a point.. if the league had less teams it would be more competitive and in all more fun to watch.. just because he is the best all around player in the league that isn't wearing a rockets uniform doesn't mean u have to hate..i actually like watching the guy play.. give props where props are due..

o and let me clarify that im a bigger rockets fan then most on this forum.. :)

14. sew

sew Member

you didn't read the original post did you?

15. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

He mentioned something about the "shriniking the league". Then he says I never said teams shouldnt be cut.

He should just shut his mouth. He is saying too many stupid things. He is still very very immature.

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

"Diplomatically r****ded" is a very good term. Couldn't have said it better.

I think if Shane Battier said it he'd be a "forward thinker". In an article about improving the league, Battier suggests to shorten the season and play tournaments like they do in Europe. Can you imagine Lebron attempting that? He'd get plenty flak for being a rich man no appreciative of "what he's given", he'd also fail to convey the points eloquently, or he'd flub diplomatically.

17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

It's as valid as people that say "I'm not a racist, but [insert racist comment]."

He also said this:
    And I think he's not stupid either. He knew exactly what he was talking about, and now he's trying to walk it back.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Your argument is even more confusing. Why is it ok if the teams do it and bad if the players do it when it results in the same thing?

If you think about it the mastermind behind this whole thing is Riley, and he was only able to do it by clearing basically the entire cap (something NY couldn't do). As far as paycuts are concerned, its just 1 million less. I remember GA took double that amount off his books and the media praised him for it. Same thing with Duncan taking a paycut so the SPurs could surround him with talent.

19. PeppermintCandy

Basically, Lebron seems to be implying he wishes other star players could do what he and Chris Bosh were able to do over the summer.

20. AkeemOlaDROwon

Yes he has a point (one i don't agree with) and yes he's a great player but don't you see the ******* move he's pulling. The CBA is coming up and he says it would be better if they got rid of teams, which means less players in the nba, less jobs for his fellow players. If a colleague at your office said 'We're probably better off firing 15% of the workers here.' Would you say that guy makes sense or call him an a sshole.