1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Could Form the Superteam to End All Superteams in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm gonna have to agree that OKC is a great destination to consider if you're Lebron. Especially if he's already considering taking a discount to ring chase. Even the Rockets are going to have a challenge putting everything together if Lebron is making so much. If he cares so much about $$$ that he can't take a discount to make championship rosters, I'd think his choices are limited.

Thunder are low-key good. They're 1.5 games behind T-Wolves for #4, and 3 games from SAS for #3. They've been quietly stringing together bunch of wins.

IMO, Lebron can join any #3-#6 team and make them instant contenders. He clearly doesn't have to join Houston, he clearly has options. And OKC is not a bad one.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Are you guys really saying Lebron is going to OKC all things considered? Ok...

bilaal14 likes this.
  3. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

I still don't get how this works financially.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL, I don't see it financially (with Houston), what about New Orleans?

How are their books Shannon?

/facepalm

J.R. likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

February 1995

"Clyde Drexler demands trade to the Houston Rockets"

He is too old......let him go somewhere else. Tim Breaux has more upside.

DD
    [​IMG]

#345 Caesar, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    D-rock, MajorSeanBond and Deuce like this.
  6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

If you think Houston is a strong possibility but OKC is not; then that’s just pure homerism.

Some things that are probably going to hold true: If Lebron is going to join an instant contender, then 1) he’s going to have to take a pay cut 2) that team is going to have to pay a crazy luxury tax 3) it’ll most likely be a sign and trade

While OKC will have a harder tax hit, between us and them they are also the more likely team Cleveland would want to work with for a sign and trade

These aren’t facts, so much can change, but right now I think he’ll land in OKC.

7. ballscientist1

Lakers could get LeBron if Anderson's contract is still in the book.

Cousins and LeBron

Would you unload Gordon's contract if?

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Why would the Cavs prefer to trade him to OKC over Houston? Am i missing something here? Lebron is aslo expiring btw, once the season is over he can chose where to play, that's not the same situation we had with Melo...and picking the best enviroments/markets/teams should be an obvious choice if you ask me.

9. today

today Contributing Member

All things equal, do you really think Lebron would rather play with Westbrook over CP?

I don't see him going to OKC when he can come to Houston, get fully paid AND play with CP. Plus he knows that Morey is a genius and can work magic to fill out the roster.

If we win the championship this year, I do think it makes it less likely he joins us, but Lebron's leaving for Miami wasn't popular, so maybe he would come to Houston anyways.

D-rock, bilaal14 and DonKnock like this.
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Because Abrines and Roberson are players and have contracts the Cavs would welcome to their roster; unlike PJ and Ryno. PPat and Singler aren’t players they’d care much for but two smaller contracts are much easier to move and can be used as trade chips.

Now maybe Houston includes EG. But it will still come down to does Lebron prefer to play with CP3, Harden and Capela OR Westbrook, PG, Melo and Steven Adams. I think he’d pick OKC, you probably think he’d pick Houston; no one knows but Lebron.

I also think the narrative here will play a part. If he leads OKC over Warriors and Durant that would be such an incredible story to add to his legacy. If he joins Houston he may be joining this years MVP, then will he get as much credit even if we do win?

Just my thinking.

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I really do believe he would rather play with Westbrook over Harden. I’m sure he’d love to play with Chris Paul but we also know he would love to play with Paul George.

I mean let me be clear, both scenarios I’m sure he will strongly consider. Both are great situations. I wouldn’t sleep on OKC though. OKC will pay up. People think they’re too cheap but in all honesty Scott Brooks knows he dropped the ball with Harden and he’s tried before to make up for it when he gave $70mil to Kanter; obviously didn’t work but you don’t think he’d go for it with Lebron?? They rolled the dice on PG13 even though he was seen as a possible one year rental. They’re always going for it and will keep trying.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure why you think that, they're mediocre players with long and useless contracts, sure, cheaper than Ryan's contract, but they're also worse players...they would fill 4 roster spots for nothing, same cap overall, with no upside in terms of future assets. Don't see the difference overall, Ryan's contract would be a 20M expiring in one season too, might actually be interesting at some point.

With that said yeah, we could add Gordon but not sure that would be a smart move, i mean, if you have to you do it, but i'd add a first rounder instead...i think.

About the narrative i mean, Lebron wants to win, why would he care about leading Durant's ex team to a championship? It like he should care about Durant's...this seems like a lot of reaching bro :)

But in the end, i think it would be a lot easier, and more about the enviroment, market, fit...Rockets but even Spurs are just a better fit than OKC from every point of view.

Respect your point of view of course.

13. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

Based on what logic? Why would LeBron rather play w Westbrook?

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Respect. (Side note: I really do think there is a little value for Abrines, he’s got potential and healthy contract and even Roberson for a team looking to shore up their D)
    But yeah like I said no one knows except for ‘Bron. I’m definitely making assumptions but I just have that feeling. Had that same feeling about Melo ending up in OKC when I looked at all things considered.

15. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Rockets pitch:

We have a strong organization who know what they are doing with the roster. You only have to focus on b-ball.
    We have players so you don’t have to carry the team. You can stay fresh all year.
    We have smart, analytical people who will help you refine your game and keep you at a high level for the next five years.
    With you, we are better than the Warriors and Steph and Durant.
    No state income tax.

(This post is free for Durrel Muree to use.)

Deckard and D-rock like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Could Anthony Davis team up with us anytime?

Could fill that PF spot perfectly. 3pt shooter even.

bilaal14 likes this.
  17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

LMAO.... Lebron to OKC. Do you guys ever read the news and past events and connect the dots? No? Bet

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Brow and the Beard.

[​IMG]

#358 daywalker02, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    D-rock likes this.
  19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Except as you have said before, you always have that SAME feeling. The Rockets will not get X player and will lose X player. What value is there in that ideology? Melo went to OKC, ONLY because the trade to the Rockets was NIXED because of the new GM. No one is disagreeing about the outcome but events changed the outcome. There is no correlation between your feelings and reality. As a Rockets fan it just seems odd that you always wish to be right about something bad happening to the team. Let us know how that works out for you in the long run.

As to your LBJ to OKC scenario, you give OKC the possibility of signing him for the minimum? They don't have the contracts for a trade. That is their only option unless you think he takes the taxpayer MLE versus being traded to or signing with another team and earning $35.6M. My guess is he likes money and winning too versus a team with 5 players.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Everyone thinks James is gonna come, but honestly if i was james, i would go to Lakers. It just doesn't make since to come here, when Lakers want him badly, and be spot light in laker ville like kobe was, hes got 4-5 good years left with some players young players, that could run warriors out of the gym soon, and they are gonna be outstanding pros. He could even get Paul George over there for nice little team. If kidd says ball has more talent than him, bron is gonna be a laker trust me...