1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Could Form the Superteam to End All Superteams in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Dec 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

no it isn't. if lebron wanted to take harden he can. hes part of the starter pool. conference doesnt matter for picking purposes.

we wont know the order of picking though which sucks imo

Caesar likes this.
  2. rockets13champs

Tbh if he passes up KD that’s ridiculous

mikol13 likes this.
  3. rocketsrule1995

Listen im 22 years old and have never had either of my teams(cowboys/Rockets) win anything while I've been alive.Every year throughout the year confident then we lose and im devastated.Give me a damn championship I don't care how. Getting LeBron won't mean selling out.

D-rock and chievous minniefield like this.
  4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

[​IMG]

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

blame KD for going to GS and making it damn near impossible to beat them...he’s the real sellout

in an ideal world, we’d sign PG13 and a Big 3 of Harden, CP3, and Paul George would be enough to lead us to a title as Harden wins FMVP

Pen15clubber and s3ts like this.
  6. BleedsRocketRed

I know Lebron does bring some baggage anywhere he goes, and I agree that 10 years down the line we all might be talking about the train wreck that was the 18-19 Rockets. It is worrisome I get it but lets be real here. When you have a chance to get a top 5 player in NBA history on this current team, you absolutely without any question have to swing for the fences. You can NOT pass this up if the opportunity is there.

Sure, if it fails and doesn't work at least we can say it was a decision we had to make at the time. You don't walk away from something potentially this devastating to the NBA landscape if you have that chance. The rewards could be legendary and could quite possibly create one of the greatest NBA teams in history.

YOU JUST DO IT.

BigggReddd and DonKnock like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Windhorst:

I don't know where it starts & where it ends.

Immediately Sunday I heard complaints about Kevin Love leaving. They were angry. He was obviously not feeling well. No one is questioning he was sick but that he would abandon the team in the middle of the lowest point of their season. That's what people were angry about.

How come people are able to be late to practice? How come there is no accountability for this & that? How come Derrick Rose got a 2-week break? What if I want a 2-week break? When you're losing, all that stuff you push down comes bubbling up. One issue is they have a young, inexperienced front office. Players seem to push back more, maybe more than if they had an experienced front office. It's an older team but not a lot of time together. They don't have the history to get through it. A lot of guys are making a lot of money who aren't playing well. Everyone is angry at everyone else.

There was definitely frustration over Kevin leaving but what's really pissing LeBron off is he felt the Cavs could have gotten Paul George & Eric Bledsoe. Everyone will have their own story but LeBron is there & is like we could have had both. Instead, a draft pick I won't meet this year & Isaiah Thomas, who is hampered & Crowder, who is having the worst year of his career. Then he knows they could have gotten out of the Isaiah Thomas deal. They made it, yes, but then took a look at him & that hip is really bad. They could have backed out.

Something happened in SA last night that was pretty disturbing: 5 point game with 6 minutes to go. Two things happened. 1) Ty put the starters back in. I don't know why on earth he did that. That lineup(IT-J.R.-Crowder-LeBron-Love) is one of the three worst lineups in the league by net rating. They got killed in the 3rd Q. The 2nd unit got them back in it. If he wants to start them because he wants to show faith, he may have legitimate reasons but to bring them back in then, I have no idea why he would bring them back in. It turned a winnable game into a lopsided game. 2) Many times this season & hundreds of times in his career, there have been games in the 4th that have been 4-5 points & he comes in and carries them to victory. When he came in yesterday, he was so dispirited. He didn't even try. I'm not even blaming him, he was just dispirited. You look at their numbers since IT got there, they're terrible. He didn't have the vigor. If he doesn't have the want-to, all this other stuff is secondary.

Lowe: ...LeBron's FTs & 3s have gone off the rails recently. Defensively, I thought the OKC game was the laziest I've seen him play. There were plays last night...[explains a play]

Windhorst: LeBron has given up on closing out. ... They've had bad defensive habits for 2 years now but were a great offensive team. They're not even a good offensive team anymore. They can't mask their defensive failures. I don't believe IT should be faulted. It's not personal commentary. He can't move as well. I feel like 3-5 years from now, Isaiah would be in the G-League. Go down & get your legs back. If he was sent now, it'd be like "OMG, he's a G-League player." ... Isaiah, with his limited ability to move, ...he should be in the G-League. Instead, he's starting & as he's working through this injury, we're all analyzing it & seeing the fallout.

Lowe: I didn't think it would be this bad. We are reaching historic territory. ... Every year they've been able to rescue themselves, maybe they still can but you have to look at how ugly the numbers are.

Windhorst: One thing if you're 20th (defensive rating) & not trying hard. I feel like if they started playing hard, they'd still be 25th-26th. ... They're 4 1/2 out of the 8th seed. Might be a good idea to wake up. You don't want to go into the playoffs sitting 7th seed. If they do a deal with their pick, they better put protection on it. ... Let's say they do the George Hill deal. Now they'll have only 2 usable big man. They'll need another big man. They could end up trading half this roster.

Lowe: Frye-Shumpert-2nd for Hill?

Windhorst: Yes. Players have been informed. Frye will seek a buyout. He's not the ideal big man the Warriors want but not ridiculous. ... Let me pose to you one legit/one crazy trade. Cavs have talked to the Hornets. Could there be a trade where Cavs take on money in addition to Kemba? They'd dream of getting off Nic Batum. Not sure the Cavs would swallow that. Walker & Batum for some package that would involve the Cavs pick, Thompson & maybe IT, maybe Jae Crowder.

Lowe: Not doing it if I'm Charlotte.

Windhorst: What about Brooklyn pick?

Lowe: Piques my interest.

Windhorst: Want to get crazy? What if the Cavs call the Blazers? Love is from Portland & would love to play there.

Lowe: For McCollum?

Windhorst: Maybe get picks involved & get really wild. I don't think you do McCollum for Love but if you add pieces...

Lowe: I was thinking Frye & two 2nd round picks for Harkless.

Windhorst: That'd be nice but Frye will be a King. Shumpert will be a King. ... I'd call the Nets & see what it'd take to get Joe Harris & DeMarre Carroll. ... The real issue here is Lillard started to rattle the cage. How shaky is the cage?

Lowe: I think the money is disconcerting. They've put out we're not trading one of our two guards. They need to cut money for sure.

Windhorst: What if the Cavs were willing to take on another contract like Meyers Leonard?

Lowe: I had Frye, Shumpert & Cavs 1st for DeMarre. Don't think the Cavs would do it.

Windhorst: I like it better than the George Hill deal. I'd ask for Joe Harris. ... I'd rather have Favors/Hood than George Hill. You need to start evaluating Isaiah as an expiring. I'm trying to be real here. ... Cavs-Clippers, as of yesterday, no action there. Cavs & Clippers are not speaking.

Lowe: My craziest Nets pick target was Aaron Gordon.

Windhorst: Gordon and ...?

Lowe: Magic are mildly excited to have Gordon. I think they're happy to let him get an offer sheet & match it. Gordon making $20M over the next four years is a different value though.

Windhorst: LeBron won't be impressed with Aaron Gordon coming. ... Once LeBron walks out the door, there is no more LeBron James. Could be 75 years before you see a player like that with your franchise. Paul George is a good player. The Pacers can think give us 3-5 years, we'll find another Paul George. James walks, that's it. To me, I exhaust every possible resource. He looks like he still has gas left in the tank. I wouldn't want to see him somewhere else playing against the Warriors. Even though he's a pain in the ass & won't commit & can be a headache on social media & isn't playing good defense, it's all worth it. I exhaust every single possible thing to keep LeBron on my team. The problem is Gilbert has unfortunately, because of what happen in 2010 & because he can't trust LeBron, he's started to hedge. Kyrie trade was a hedge trade. I've been told in some talks they've tried to hedge. One thing I think is possible if they trade for George Hill, if LeBron walks, they think Hill is an attractive as an expiring.

Lowe: Kyrie for Bledose & 4th pick & 4th pick & something for George?

Windhorst: Kyrie to Phoenix for Bledsoe & 4th & 4th sent for Paul George. Some have said the 4th pick wasn't available, I don't believe that. Others have said the Pacers didn't want to send George to Cleveland. Everyone has their story on that. Let's take a step back from that deal. If the Cavs had their affairs in order, could it have been possible for George-for-Irving straight up? You don't get Bledsoe but wouldn't have that been better for both teams? That offer was never on the table. The Cavs tried to make a separate deal with Denver & Indiana. That involved Kevin Love. Didn't happen. Cavs didn't know Kyrie was so angry & wanted out. Kyrie wanted out because he thought he would have been traded to Phoenix. You could have had Paul George or told Kyrie you're not trading him. There's circumstances involved in all of it. End of the day, LeBron says we could have had George & Bledsoe, George, or Irving. Instead I have a draft pick, Crowder & IT. That's where we are right now.

Lowe: Part of Kyrie is on LeBron. Even after the tension to where he wanted out, a functional franchise should try to bring it back in. Maybe you can't. Maybe Kyrie sees exactly what's happening now but you gotta try. There is no evidence they tried.

Windhorst: LeBron has blood on his hands from that. One thing that irritates him is they did have a 2nd chance. When they saw the hip & put it on pause, they had a chance to re-evaluate, maybe seek other offers. Others are like we had the Celtics in the corner & could have asked for anything. Of course they took the position we're not giving anything else except a 2nd. Fine, no Kyrie Irving. Everyone has their position on the fallout. All the things we listed as possibilities, the worst case scenario has happened out of those possibilities.

Lowe: I don't know they had a deal that was even in the ballpark. I think the Bucks were the 2nd best deal - Brogdon & Middleton & not even sure a pick was on the table.

Windhorst: The other thing is Kyrie has 2 years under his contract & you don't have to trade him.

Lowe: What is this lineup change?

Windhorst: If I were the Cavs, I'd start Jose Calderon & Cedi Osman. Calderon plays hard. Osman plays hard. One of their biggest problems is playing hard.

Lowe: IT off the bench?

Windhorst: Yes

Lowe: Don't think it's in play.

Windhorst: Then they need to re-evaluate that.

Lowe: Problem is Crowder & J.R. have been awful.

Windhorst: J.R. is unplayable. ... I don't think they'll remove IT but if it were me, that's what I'd do. Look at the numbers with that lineup, it's not working. LeBron's numbers are down.

8. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

DELETE

#268 Shaq2Yao, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  9. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

DELETE

#269 Shaq2Yao, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Also San Antonio mentioned as a destination

Vivi, s3ts, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  11. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Tldr

12. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Anderson + fillers for LeBron right now!

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Agree. Do we really want Bron who's going to be 33 or 34? Plus I don't want Rockets to be a team that every other team hates. They went at those Miami teams hard and can cause big wear and tear to our players.

14. no.3 for no.1

no.3 for no.1 Member

Everyone hates us now anyways, who cares about them. I want championships.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, this is what I meant by Lebron making his bed.

The organization made this move in particular preparing for a rebuild if Lebron chose to leave. If Lebron committed I imagine that they would have been more aggressive getting the players he wanted.

But what sense does it make for the Cavs FO to get Paul George and have Lebron leave them and Paul George leave them as well?

What sense does getting Bledsoe make for that matter if Lebron leaves?

The GM made the right moves for a team that will be rebuilding when he leaves, a great draft pick and will have lots of cap space once IT leaves.

16. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

The more and more I hear about LBJ coming to HOU the less I want him. Getting LBJ could be a huge mistake, he brings a lot of drama and it would mean gutting the entire roster for 1 dude. The chemistry on this team could be thrown out the window because we really don’t know what baggage LBJ comes with. There will be no more Ariza, PJ Tucker, Eric Gordon, or Ryan Anderson. If LBJ really wants to win another ring or two he is going to HAVE to take a huge paycut especially if he’s about having teammates that can contribute while he’s on the bench. The only player(s) I want to get rid of if I had to would be Anderson and Tucker and even Tucker would hurt. We can’t afford to loose our top scorer in Gordon bc if we did our O would be absolutely trash especially our bench.

17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Your thoughts make sense. It definitely would have been a gamble to go after PG13/Bledsoe without getting commitment from Lebron.

If I rmr correctly, Cavs went all in to appease Lebron during his first go-around with the Cavs and he still bolted.

Still tho... it’s a 2 way street. Unfortunately for the Cavs, Gilbert can’t trust Lebron, and Lebron can’t trust Gilbert.

It’s a good thing that Fertitta (at least on surface) seems to have gained Rockets players and staff’s trust ;)

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I think the most likely LeBron to Houston scenario is that he does exactly what CP3 did with the Clippers and mutually help each other out with an opt-in and trade.

This way, we can trade Ryno (likely with a 1st to a 3rd team with cap space) and either Gordon or Tucker to Cleveland, with more draft compensation. The scenario elimates our need to shed cap space, and avoids a hard cap limitation. Leaves us with the ability to re-sign our Bird rights and/or restricted free agents (Ariza and Capela). Luc and Black will have to decide if they want to take exceptions or min salaries to stay with us no matter what scenario plays out this summer.

If it were to go down this way, our team would largely remain intact, and we’d be adding the best player in the world.

Deckard, Deuce, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

So let's win one without him this year and bring him on the bandwagon to create a dynasty. And all three guys play out their careers with the Rockets. Problem solved.

Deckard, s3ts and Fullcourt like this.
  20. mockster

mockster Member

How can lebron take KD if he’s in eastern confernence