1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron James and Dwayne Wade are sick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by torque, Mar 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. VanityHalfBlack

You could have easily posted this in countless other threads regarding this subject matter... Why the attention all of a sudden?? You were here since 2003,smh... You should know better rookie..
    You don't think an NBA dish forum on CF would have any threads related to Miami Heat???

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

:confused::confused:

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

4. VBG

VBG Member

I think there is a solid shot of the Thunder being upset in the West. Memphis, Dallas, San Antonio, Lakers, Clippers all have a decent chance of beating the Thunder (not saying any of those teams would be favored but they all have a shot).

Chicago is the only team with ANY shot in the East to beat Miami (I actually think Chicago could be upset in the 2nd round if they're not careful).

Miami is just so so good this year. I would be shocked if they don't win.

5. Lil Lee

Lil Lee Contributing Member

Do they have a fever? Maybe, they should visit the doctor then.

6. VBG

VBG Member

I feel like more people shoudl be talking about Lebron starting at center. He can guard Derrick Rose to Dwight Howard.

I have completely changed my tune on him. I want him to win rings because he has the potential to crack the top 5 greatest players of all time. And I want to see him do it.

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Yeah he's playing great but he still crashes hard during big time moments. If DWade can't carry them in the clutch they won't win.

And let's wait and see, they were pretty good last year too. LeBron is a COMPLETLY different player in postseason so until he proves us wrong (at least me) I don't belive him.

8. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They were pretty good last year, but not like this. You could just tell last year there were chemistry issues throughout the season. They kept going on these dreadful 2 and 3 game losing streaks. Then, lest we all forget, the Heat blew through the East playoffs despite not really clicking all year.

This year...well, they've won nine straight games by 12 points or more. It's like they are not playing the same game as everyone else. Seeing Wade and James get out on the break repeatedly, and with no one being able to stop them, is really a sight to see. I mean, even if James gets a regular defensive rebound at the rim him and Wade still just take off, and nobody is stopping them.

9. VBG

VBG Member

That's just not true. He destroyed Philly, Boston and Chicago.

He was a completely different player in the NBA Finals sure.

But he completely destroyed Boston and Chicago, offensive and defensively, ESPECIALLY in the 4th quarter. Hitting clutch shot after clutch shot and holding Derrick Rose to 6% shooting while guarded by Lebron in the 4th (last stat is off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure it's accurate).

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

But when it was time to SHINE he backed off. He has no clutch gene and I am afraid that may be a bigger deal than we all belive it is.

He can do anything he wants, he is the most gifted player EVER and yet when the times arrives he just can't find a way to make it work. It will have to be DWade who carries them during rough times.

Yeah I agree with that. They are much better first of all because they have BETTER players. Shane, healthly Miller, healthly Haslem, that kid Cole. Those are great additions. And don't forget about Curry who (I belive) can still play quality minutes for this team.

The problem is, during the playoffs you don't have as many chances to run and dunk, even when you're as athletic and talented as they are. They will have to win close games to go all the way and I doubt LeBron can be that closer for them. I am still not sure about their half court offense as it seems like they rely on James and Wade shooting over the top of the defense.

I understand they are the best team and they SHOULD win, but they were supposed to do it last year too, that's my point. I don't belive regular season - numbers, especially when we talk LeBron...

11. VBG

VBG Member

I'm at work so I can't go on YouTube but

Lebron against the Celtics, in Boston with the crowd screaming, made huge 3s in game 4.

He did it again in game 5.

He buried the Bulls twice in their series as well.

This was all in the playoffs and in huge moments.

Quotes from recaps-

Game 5 -

That was with the Heat down 6.

Against the Bulls, Game 5 -

Game 2 -

12. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

fans seem to have a short memory. anything less than a championship is unclutch. :rolleyes: James was the reason the Heat made the finals in the first place. that takes a lot of "clutchness". Why doesn't Wade get heat (pun unintended) for not being clutch in the Finals last year? last time i checked he was also a big a star.

13. VBG

VBG Member

I will say Wade was the best player in the NBA Finals. Sorry Dirk but Wade was insanely good.

And Lebron wasn't.

The thing I don't understand is how it's ok for OKC to choke and Dallas to beat them but it's not ok for Dallas to outplay Miami.

I don't like how the Boston and Chicago series (Wade was horrible against Chicago) just don't exist because the Heat didn't win the ring

14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

OP is a homosexual

15. fmp087

fmp087 Member

People just hold lebron to a higher standard because they realize how great he is. Clearly the best player in the world. He would have to make every single shot down the stretch for the fans that hate him to call him clutch. Funny thing is he shoots a higher percentage than Kobe towards the end in close games.

16. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

The issue is that this team is only clicking when they get tons of turnovers and turn them into quick transition points. Much harder to do that in the playoffs.

James does seem to have a post game, but I haven't seen enough of it to give him benefit of the doubt it will still be effective in a 7 game series and under the bright lights of the Finals.

17. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

and i bet if a fan draft started today, 95% of us would take Lebron first.

18. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

He shot >40% behind the 3 pt line in the playoff until Game 2 of the finals. Compared to his entire career, that was a huge anomaly. Of course if Lebron is draining 3 pointers, his team will win every time. But that is what you typically try to force him to do.

This year he has been much more selective with that shot, opting for more post ups. But can he get that position and be effective in that situation in a 7 game series? Will he revert back to "they are packing the paint, I'll throw up an ill advised 3 pointer"?

Those questions won't be answered until he plays a 7 game series against the Bulls, (a healthy if they exist) Celtics, OKC, Philly, Spurs, etc.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Probably because the heat's 3 best players were 29, 26, and 26. While the thunder's best players were 22, 22, and 21. And it was thunders 2nd time to be in the playoffs, the previous year being a 8th seed.

And lebron being a two time defending MVP and been to the finals once already. And wade being a finals MVP.

Those are pretty good reasons why. :rolleyes:

20. VBG

VBG Member

It was the Heat's first time in the playoffs with this lineup. They still clearly weren't jelling.

Chalmers was crap and lol mike bibby. Haslem was coming off his injury and was crap. Miller was coming off his injury and was crap. They were still playing big Z (IIRC) and Joel was not useful in the series at all.

It was a complete 3 man team with no chemistry. 4th and 5th best players coming off severe injuries.

I have no problem saying the reason why Miami didn't win last year was Lebron in the Finals. But Lebron was so damn good for the rest of the playoffs and is having one of the greatest seasons of all time right now.

I think people should appreciate his greatness a little more. That is all.