1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron is tired?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by oldgunrules, Dec 19, 2006.

1. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

link

First it was DWade, then DHoward, now LeBron. All of them cite the world game as a major excuse. Well Yao played heavy minutes in the world game too. The difference is Yao doesn't have to jump much to be effective. Guess Jerry West is right: "You can't teach 7'6" Hehe :cool:

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

3. alaskansnowman

I think this is just even more of a testament to Yao's greatness... with the exception of one summer, Yao's been either training with the Chinese national team or playing in the World Championships or something.

If a supreme athlete like Lebron gets tired, imagine someone like Yao who's been doing this for years.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yao also took some time off due to injury.

5. alaskansnowman

Yes - that's why I said "with the exception of one summer." He was only injured for one summer correct? ( I could be forgetting)

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is OT but I agree with Lenny Wilkins comments about the Cavs trading away Ron Harper. I think it may have cost them 1 or 2 Finals appearances and maybe a championship.

On topic: The USA basketball team may be in trouble next summer. First Wade and now LeBron may skip out.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Harper for the rights to Danny Ferry - ugh. That was the Cavs team that made me love basketball pre-Rockets:
    Mark Price, Brad Daugherty, etc. The MJ shot that killed them in 89 still haunts me.

Evan

8. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

if Yao is not tired, then why can't he average 38/39 mins a game like those guys do? :p

9. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

That's a cop-out excuse by Lebron. He's FAR too young (and healthy) to be 'tired'...the guy is a physical speciman, I think it's all mental in his case...probably because some people have been on his case regarding the drop in his offensive production from last season.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He played 79 games, two playoff series, Olympics. It's not the first time that a guy has been fatigued after all that.

11. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

Lebron wasn't too tired to party it up with Damon Jones and co. in Houston heading into the 2nd of a back to back.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think they're just setting themselves up to say "uh, sorry guys, but we don't want to go to any world tournaments again after they wore us out this past year" and not look quite as bad when they turn down the selection committees.

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

W00T! Another Cavs fan! Like I've said before, I've got the Price and Daugherty rookie cards to prove it. I loved using them on the original NBA Jams video games. And Wilkens was supposed to be our 'Jordan stopper'. What a myth. With the Jordan shot and the Elway drive, I think Cleveland is the city truly cursed.

14. devin23

devin23 Member

Carmelo played in the FIBA WC and he sure the hell isn't tired.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My best friend is from Ohio and I've heard the stories of broken-hearted Cleveland fans. Elway's drive, the Fumble, MJ's daggers, the Harper trade, losing the Marlins and, more recently, the Browns moving to Baltimore. After listening to him vent, Houston fans have nothing to complain about. My friend is the most defeatist fan I've ever met.

Now, if LeBron leaves.......

16. Enron

Enron Member

He probably parties too much. When he was in Houston he hosted like 10 diff parties during the weekend??

17. ymc

ymc Member

Looks like LBJ is stuck while Wade and Anthony keeps improving. At this rate, he might just be another great player but not HOF material. :eek:

18. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Cheer up, there's always those gatorade commercials to look forward to

19. MartianMan

MartianMan Contributing Member

Do you guys see similarities between Lebron and Tmac, Kobe and Wade?

Lebron has all the gifts you would ever want in a player, but mentally he doesn't have the determination of Wade/Kobe.

Wade is mentally similar to Kobe. He is very focused. He wants to win no matter what. He is physically blessed, but not as much as Lebron, just like Kobe isn't as blessed as Tmac.

20. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

I think we have to take endurance into account here because it's 82+ games a season. Kobe doesn't have bad back (whether it's luck or something, it doesn't matter), can take the punishment in the paint, while the same cannot be said of t-mac.