1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron has a "Durant Watch" App on his phone

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jan 21, 2014.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Even LeBron James is captivated by what Kevin Durant is doing for the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Over his last five games, the NBA's leading MVP candidate has picked up the slack left behind by Russell Westbrook in a big way, averaging 40.6 points, 4.8 rebounds and 6.0 assists per contest while shooting 59 percent from the field and 50 percent from beyond the three-point arc.

That's just what happens when a player drops 54 points, then goes for 30 points and nine assists two nights later, then puts up another 46 with just one night of rest under his belt. And trust me when I say that it's not being overlooked by the man he's chasing:

Marc J. Spears ✔ @SpearsNBAYahoo
    Follow
    LeBron James recited Kevin Durant's statistics from tonight verbatim off the top of his head. "I got a KD watch on my phone," LeBron said.
    9:53 PM - 21 Jan 2014

What do you guys think about this? Cool, creepy, or jealous/envious?

2. killakim

killakim Member

It's something that most people wouldn't admit to, but LeBron is being very candid here. I like it. Game recognize game.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Lebron's a cool dude, nothing new. While KD is pwning this league right now, Lebron is still on another level. Maybe not just offensively, but as a complete player he is one tier above KD.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

100%...he's doing this for motivation.

This is something Phil the Zen-master would do...

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lebron is trying to stay King James but he is getting older and he is coasting regular season games.
    I am not sure how long he will stay the better player but he will be the most versatile player no matter what.

Durant is a scorer, rebounder, shooter but he aint Lebronesque in Defense, Assists and other areas (physicality, leadership.....).

Darn, Durant is just a top notch scoring machine.