1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron: Donald Trump is a Bum

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, Sep 23, 2017.

1. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Look who's talking, I really wish these athletes shut up and keep their political beliefs to themselves. Politics and sports don't mix. Same goes for Chris Paul and any other athlete of any team just shut up and play. I already don't watch the NFL because all the rule changes now. Not same hard hitting league. Add all the political crap from CRAPernick and etc I was done for sure. Final nail in coffin. Hated him as a player already before that. I slowly been losing interest in the NBA too with these Warriors Dubs repeats but being a Rockets fans has kept me still into it but I gotta admit if out athletes on our team going start with this I'll probably end up done watching the NBA too and stick only with the MLB the true American Sport.

2. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

dont really care about the national anthem protest, doesnt affect the games i watch. I only watch about 5 teams only anyways

as for the NBA, i think since the mahamoud abdul rahof situation in the 90's, stern put in the cba thats its a serious fine to sit for the national anthem

#62 RocketsTruth, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I really wish reality TV stars who squander their money earned by their fathers would stay out of politics and just continue their ponzi schemes and fake universities, but that ain't happening either.

Fulgore, vlaurelio, Patience and 4 others like this.
  4. Mr. Space City

the door is dat way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

vlaurelio and el gnomo like this.
  5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Win all due respect Chris Paul..,as a basketball player, how can you tell the President to stay in his lane when he discussing the national anthem and invitations to the White House? How is that not his lane? I don't like players using the anthem to protest, I also don't like the President responding to all of this (but it's certainly "in his lane"). This is all so stupid.

6. amaru

amaru Member

Where can I find the Republican Party’s plan for investing in HBCUs?

Mr. Space City likes this.
  7. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Trump said it during his campaign, that was one of his talking points. Liberals would lose their **** if more black athletes turned down alabama, fsu, usc, and other big universities and really got a knowledge of self at fully funded hbcu's. Unfornatetly if the pathetic naacp keeps talking nonsense and demeaning the president we may not get anything. Plz get these fools out of power

Malcolm X would love trump

I feel just like the sista in this video. I may not be as old as her. But voting democrat, every 4 years and seeing no change is a really hopeless feeling. Obama did more for illegals, and homosexuals than blacks

8. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Margret Sanger the founder of planned parenthood( Hillary's idol).. her goal was too greatly limit the amount of black children being born per year. And under liberal policies they have succeeded at not only doing that, but creating a huge gender war among black women and black men.

Trump wants to end planned parenthood, and liberals are angry about it. How is preventing the loss of black life a bad thing

9. amaru

amaru Member

I’m aware it was a talking point. I’m trying to see if there is anything beyond that point.

Is there some legislation being considered or on the congressional calendar?

10. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

wth are you talking about. The president is doing everything he has promised so far. He is killing off ms-13, he is going after the war on drugs, he is getting rid of illegals, he is doing a lot. He will get to black issues eventually and that will get him relected for sure. All he has to do is say look how i made your cities safer which when looking at Obama is incredible

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

In the same vein, shouldn't the President "shut up and govern"? Shouldn't the President have followed your "politics and sports don't mix" logic?

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

15 mins into ab workout and chill with @SirIvyLeague will have you feelin some type of way

13. amaru

amaru Member

I’m asking if there is currently legislation in place to increase funding to HBCUs.

Nothing more nothing less.

14. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

He's going after the war on drugs?? Do you know his attorney general is?

Do you even know who Donald trump is?

Or even that the USA is a country?

15. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Don't really post here, but you're a smart dude with his head on straight, and ignore most of these people here. You'd fit right in on most of the gun forums I'm on. Nice to see someone here who knows what this country is about and not falling victim to the mainstream media.

Like I said, I'd ignore 90% of the posters here... this place is almost the equivalent of Democratic Underground when politics arise.

RocketsTruth likes this.
  16. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Good thing this is a current phenomenon. Otherwise you would of missed great sports over the years.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/was...m-suns-arizona-immigration-cinco-de-mayo.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Olympics_Black_Power_salute

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/muhammad-ali-refuses-army-induction

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-03-13/sports/sp-46409_1_mahmoud-abdul-rauf

How about the US making political statements through sports?

Either you have an agenda or have very very short term memory issues. I think it's more a certain type of person thing.

17. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

thx brotha. Some of these posters can be annoying, but they remind me of myself in 2008 when it was my first time voting as a 20 old year african-american and i voted for obama. I did no research on obama at all. I was just like most people in my family. I didnt want another bush-type in office after what i saw during katrina. But man Obama was horrible for black people. The worse thing i can remmeber about the bush era was the $4 gas prices(which i was lucky didnt affect my family that bad.) But Obama did NOTHING for african-americans. Trump basically said it, he said unemplyment for blacks, education for blacks, and crime for blacks all rose to their highest ever during his time in office.

Trump is at least acknowledging that their is a problem in the community, whereas Obama would completely ignore the issue entirely and watch bodies pile up

18. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

those were horrible examples you used

2 of those examples for instance the black power salute, and ali refusing the draft were during a time were blacks were going through the effects of the aftermath of intergration

and chris jackson was a christian turned militant muslim who just hated america.. really made a foolish decision, considering he could have been what curry is today.

then you bring up the suns players boycotting the immigration law. A lot of these rich athletes speak out for the democratic party because they themselves have benefitted from the democratic party. They speak out on social issues to get blacks to fight for other groups. But when do those other groups fight for blacks. And dont bring up BLM, those are feminists and antifa and homosexuals( who make all ethnic backgrounds) looking for the same benefits and sympathy as blacks. But it will never happen. And Trump wont let it happen

19. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

Shut the **** up you incompetent b****!!
    **** you and **** Donald Trump

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Our ridiculous, childish president really needs to stop getting into ego battles. His whole presidency so far has just been ego battles. Delete that freakin' Twitter account.

Also, screw Golden State and these modern NBA divas.