1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron chokes again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets Pride, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Read my previous post, I was merely breaking down that stupid video trying to justify Kobe quitting, because the examples they used were Kobe following simple steps in the triangle offence. Just in my opinion it was not smart for Kobe to try to out shoot the suns while down by 20 in the third. Maybe that's why they decided to run more triangle sets.

Bottom line, I personally like studying the triangle offence, because i like the way it runs. I was just surprised at how stupid that video was because I can pretty much use "examples of Kobe Quitting" as examples of basics of the triangle.

And no I don't remember bringing up Lebron in any of my posts in this thread. I'm not familiar with how the Cavs ran their offence in that series, so I can't really comment.

2. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

LOL, Clippy talking about can't have it both ways. That's funny. LeBron got his MVPs because they won 60+ games, their teammates were made "better". And all of a sudden they sucked in playoff because his teammates played like garbage and they lost to underdog. Should his MVPs be rescinded? Because he can't have it both ways!

Lakers overachieved through first 4 games in that series, winning some tight games over Kobe's clutch shots. But they were never the better team. It's also really close in game 6, when Nash sucked bad as usual and Thomas bailed them out. Kobe scored 9 points in OT and it wasn't enough, they were a bad team defensively. The bottom line was that Lakers didn't play worse in playoff, a lucky win and an unluck loss evened out. They weren't favored by any expert and they fought to game 7. Cavs were favored by all experts in those series they lost and they couldn't even make game 7.

3. goodbug

So what, MJ's playoff record was 1L9W without Pippen.
    And let's check LeBron again, his record against 50wins team was 1W5L. In west, top 8 teams were all 50 wins team for 2 of the last 3 years. BTW, the year he made finals, Cavs won 50 games, would have been No.6 if seeded in west, and guess who's No.3 that year? Spurs. 45 wins were enough to have HCA in the east for first round and we wouldn't have this stupid Kobe couldn't win first round by himself argument.

4. clippy

clippy Member

This year's Cavs are showing just how bad that supporting cast was and just how good LeBron was not only to take them to the playoffs but to the best record in the NBA multiple years and the Finals one year. All of you fools kept saying the pre-season how the Cavs were not about LeBron and that they'd be good this year too.. the record pretty much kills any credibility you may have had in understanding the game.

If any team was overachieving, it was the Cavs the last few years.

Yes, the Lakers weren't favored because they didn't have a good regular season record. Had they had LeBron instead of Kobe, they would have had a good regular season record and would have been favored (and probably would have won the series since HCA pretty much decided it). If you want to use that as an argument that Kobe > LeBron.. well, that is just "goodbug logic" I guess.

Talent-wise, that Lakers squad was no worse than what Nash had. Nash got the MVP that year the same reason that LeBron did the last two years-- for taking a garbage team to a very good record. Kobe has never done that. He has just bandwagoned onto good teams and helped them win championships. Sure, that's an accomplishment, but it's like comparing apples to oranges.

5. goodbug

Your are cooking up your "theory" again. Talk about talent, barring Odom, who in that Lakers team gets solid minutes in this league? Bynum was a rookie and couldn't find rotation minutes. Now compare that to the roster of Cavs and Suns. Just add the minutes they average right now in NBA and that tells you the story.

6. clippy

clippy Member

Why are you "barring Odom"? He was better than any player LeBron played with in Cleveland and any player Nash had on that '06 team. The main players on that team outside of Nash were Marion, Barbosa, Diaw, and Bell. Marion was good, comparable to Odom. The other guys are all journeymen.. it was just that Nash made them seem a lot better than they were (as they got exposed when they went to other teams). No one talks about the lack of talent on that team because they don't need an excuse to bail out Nash since the Suns ended up winning the division. It's only Kobe going lotto, 1st round, 1st round that the Kobe fanbois feel the need to bring up how BAAAD his supporting cast was.

7. parmesh

parmesh Member

Well disguised goodbug-vs.-t_mac1 "superstar" fap-to thread.

1 person likes this.
  8. red_alertz

red_alertz Member

he said "barring odom" because he acknowledges odom as some what a talent and helped kobe, how hard is it for a lebron fanboy to understand basic arguments? notice even odom was never consistent, bell was a lock down defender back then, marion was solid all around player before he became journeymen, diaw was an all around bigbarbosa was a sixthman candidate, lakers had any of those? give credit to cleveland, they were adding pieces every year with lebron, it somehow just so happens good pieces become stick jump shooters and wash out once they play with lebron

9. supdudes

supdudes Member

Don't really want to take sides....

BUT...the supporting cast for Kobe during those years were really horrible. Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Luke Walton....I mean seriously...those are hardly NBA players, and they all got huge minutes because of the lack of talent on that squad.

Basketball is a game of countless variables, and nothing is ever clear cut. We can throw around what-if's all day. What if Kobe didn't get Gasol? What if LeBron had an allstar squad around him? What if Yao was never injured??
    Gotta learn to live in the present my friends...

10. clippy

clippy Member

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2007.html

This team went to the Finals. Yeah, it was in the East, blah blah, but it still beat a Pistons team that was better than any team Kobe ever played when he was "on his own". Stop trying to make it look like Kobe had it so bad. At one point he had Butler and Odom, two very capable sidekicks, and he couldn't even sniff the playoffs. The big upgrade the Lakers did was the heist of Gasol and suddenly they were in the Finals. Without him, Kobe doesn't even get out of the first round. At least LeBron went deep with scrubs.

11. red_alertz

red_alertz Member

caron was in his second year, and he didn't get better until later. Odom was inconsistent, and yet he was the best help kobe got. Gasol couldn't win a single playoff game until he had kobe. Over the past few years, Lebron got Larry hughs when he was a what, 20 ppg scorer? wally when he was still a good shooter? mo when he averaged 18-20 ppg with bucks? shaq? big z? jamison when he was still producing? seems lebron turns good players into garbages for the rest of their lives after they play with lebron, i mean, lechoke

12. ApuN

ApuN Member

Dude you must be high

Larry Hughes who doesnt even like to play??? Mo Williams??? Jamison who by the way is at the end of his career?? Wally???pfffft

Pleeeeze, all of these guys are average role players

Out of all the shmoes you just named who would you give up Gasol or Odom for??

If you choose even one you are a moron

13. clippy

clippy Member

Kobe-first fans love to elevate LeBron's teammates to somehow even the playing field, yet when pressed with the question of whether they'd trade Odom or Gasol for anyone on the Cavs, they waffle and mumble (almost as if they had a mouthful of Kobe's marbles).

14. ApuN

ApuN Member

LOLZ!! :grin:

15. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Don't forget he had Ricky Davis in his rookie year. He could have been a great sidekick to Ricky (Ricky's words) but ruined the chance. They could have been the next Kobe/Shaq but it blew up just the same.

16. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

so whats that 3 choke jobs in the last 2 weeks? Vs Boston missing free throws, vs Chicago missed an open 3, vs New York came up empty on 2 possessions at the end. Nice job King James.

I think Lebron in his career will end up being a 3-4 time champion but it will come with riding D-Wade or Bosh's coattails with the game on the line.

17. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Before 2009 I would've traded Odom for Varejao. No doubt about it.

18. clippy

clippy Member

Points in the 1st quarter count the same as points in the 4th quarter.

19. clippy

clippy Member

Most Cavs fans would have too.

20. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Yeah, but that's the only meaningful buzzer-beater he had in his career thusfar...take away his athleticism and what do you have? A broke jumper, lol