1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron chokes again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets Pride, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

lebron should have willed his team to the win today. point blank period.

wade has been absolutely terrible vs the celtics. very weird.

yes reg season matters, but playoffs are a different beast. the miami heat are slowly getting to that stage of beating the celtics.

ultimately, they missed A TON of open shots. their ball movement was great (when they didn't turn the ball over), but they shot 41%. their defense was great for the most part.

it was just about making shots. and their shooters AND wade didn't.

i don't think the heat are scared of the celtics. the playoffs will be different.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

How? All 3 games have been the same way. The Celtics went up by double digits in all 3 games only to hold on to win it in the 4th when the Heat made a run.

3. t_mac1

no. the celts led basically in every quarter and the miami tries to come back in the 4th in the first 2 games.

today, the heat should have blown this game open (if not for the 12 turnovers) in the first half, and still had the lead going into halftime (WITH WADE STILL STRUGGLING). their problem was the 3rd quarter today. so technically, they were in control for 3 quarters of the game. the first 2 games, they were in control for like 3/4 of a quarter.

so i think they are slowly learning how to beat the celtics.

4. clippy

clippy Member

I'd be curious what today's generation of instant-gratification, ADD-riddled fans would have thought of MJ for the first half of his career, when he was putting up great stats and routinely "choking".

If you can't see that Lebron is the best player in the NBA, you just don't know basketball.

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Yeah, Recently I've hated that guy less, I'm almost starting to feel for him(sigh) everybody hates on him and knows his business with his mom and stuff. And then I remember that he makes 20 mil+ so then i forget about

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. They are winning, without winning... :grin:

7. t_mac1

let that happen in the reg season. i don't think the heat mind of those losses make them a better team. the first two did. and i'm sure this one will.

but boston is the best team in the L right now. they are the bar. they're VERY deep.

PS - pierce stays sucking for the most part when he faces lebron. never seen another star sucks so bad facing another star. on a consistent basis.

8. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

14.5 Million, he doesn't make the Max.

Also, Miami held Celtics to like 12 points in the last quarter, and was a missed 3 pointer away from winning. Was a very close game.
    Miami D's is up with the Celtics, and that is what wins games in the playoffs.

9. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Rondo is the big difference in the teams, and if Miami can work out a way to stop Rondo, they will win against the Celtics.

10. t_mac1

no, the heat played fine today. they just missed shots they normally make, and what was worse was they those shots were wide open.

their defense was on point. their ball movement was on point. they just need to cut down those turnovers (if they did, the first half would have been a 10+pt lead).

lebron was too unselfish today, but i think games like these where he is unselfish will make his role players more confident going into the playoffs.

wade really has to dominate his matchup with ray allen. he is so bad vs the celtics for some odd reason that i can't explain.

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I meant with endorsements and stuff(shoes) I think the C's are the better team this year and MAYBE next, but that's it age will catch up and will be Bulls vs. Heat in the East a lot ( no magic cuz i think D12 is gonna leave)

12. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Good points. Also, imagine if the heat actually had a decent center, who could score and rebound, scary...

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Welcome to the world of sports.... Their all like that holmes!

Most are worse than LeBron

14. t_mac1

i think the only team that the heat will struggle with in the playoffs is boston. they can beat any other team RIGHT NOW if the playoffs started, but not boston.

but they have 2 months.

15. HoustonRockets

can't wait till playoffs.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The Heat will be the number one seed come playoff time.

17. red_alertz

red_alertz Member

what a choker, so overrated

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I agree with this post. I would even put Lebron on Rondo and let Pierce get a few more points. Rondo is really the engine, especially for getting Ray Allen his rhythm shots of picks.

All that said, it's a disappointing game for the heat. They have a losing record in close games this year (decided by 5 points or less), and the Celtics are banged up, with Pierce barely able to play and Shaq out, etc.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I'm surprised he even took the ball to the basket and risked going to the line in that situation. You see why he doesn't like to do that.

20. amaru

amaru Member