1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron chokes again

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets Pride, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

For the Record. . . what was the BEST team MJ played against?

Rocket River

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Didn't need to be. No one was running off to join up...a thing LeBron himself made famous for todays players.

LeBron's team is more stacked than any Jordan Bulls team was to make up for the talent. Not like he's out there facing the Warriors with a bunch of D-League players.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

One of the 50 greatest players of all time
    plus Robman and Ho Grant were not nothing
    Toni Kukoch wasn't nothing

Rocket River

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

"We want Kyrie and Love over Pippen and Rodman"

Said no one ever.

split41 likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Show me where i said they were nothing? I said this Cavs team has more talent depth from top to bottom than any Jordan team ever had.

Kyrie Irving is 24, Love is 28.

Today? Yeah of course i would.

Different game. Kyrie and Love both in their prime together have more value for today's game than Pippen and an old Dennis Rodman. Every GM in the league would take a 24 year old Kyrie and 28 year old Love over 30 year old Pippen along with 35 year old Rodman.

But, it's cool man. I get it. Steve Kerr was a superstar and Kyrie and Love are bums. I'm tired of arguing over the same crap. Let's just sit back and enjoy and when the Cavs come back and make this a 7 game series(which i believe they will bc they have the talent to do so), we'll talk about how LeBron did it all by himself.

6. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I miss this thread. Lol.

7. SunsRocketsfan

MJ vs Lebron - MJ is the GOAT
    Pippen vs Kyrie - Kyrie is still young but hard to compare since they play different positions. Plus I hate Pippen with a passion but he was a pretty well rounded player. Pretty much a wash here.
    Rodman vs Love - Rebounding/Defense vs Offense here. Depends what the teams needs are. Rodman was the perfect for the high powered Bulls. I'm putting this as a wash as well.

So if you take the top 3 players I'd say it's pretty close. Cavs may have more offensive talent which folks often equate to meaning they are better players but the Bulls top 3 were way more well rounded. If you look at the next 3-5 players this is where your argument falls apart. How are the Cavs a deep team from top to bottom when your next few players include a crippled Deron Williams & Jefferson, head case JR smith and overpaid Tristan Thompson. Who can on this Cavs team can compare to Tony Kukoc who was a consistent all around player that could put up 15+ points a game. Let's not forget Grant and throw in Kerr who was one of the best 3 pt shooters.

Icehouse and Easy like this.
  8. BackdoorHarden

ROFL. 2 of the Greatest defensive player EVER against 2 of the worst Defensive players ever.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

LeBron and the Cavs are the only ones to ever come back from a 3-1 lead in the finals.
    LeBron and the Cavs defeated a 73-9 team.

It took them 7 games and an otherworldly performance from LeBron and Kyrie to squeak out a series win.

What did you guys think would happen when they added an NBA MVP to the team without losing much else? You can knock LeBron for a lot of things, but losing to this stacked team probably isn't one of them.

fmp087, AceOfSpades, LCAhmed and 4 others like this.
  10. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

If the Warriors sweep how will people view LeBrons legacy?

11. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

No impact. This Warriors team might be the greatest team ever assembled. No shame in losing to them.

12. the shark

the shark Member

Pulling for the Cavs.

That said if they lose, if Ray Allen doesn't hit that 3 at the buzzer, LeBron would be 2 and 6 in the finals.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

If draymond doesn't get suspended and Barnes makes even maybe 20-25 percent of his shots, then the warriors are going for 3 peat right now

14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

How does the best perimeter defender of all time LOSE value in a league dominated by perimeter players?

The idea that the cavs are even remotely as talented as GS is wrong in every possible way.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the Cavs are a bunch of talented players and randomly put on the map.

GSW has more talented players overall and they work as a team. Unless that randomly put team can find a way to stop them, they aint winning it.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LeBron didn't choke last night. It wasn't his A game. But he played okay.

Love kind of choke. J.R., Korver, and Deron were useless.

The problem was, the Warriors aren't just a great offensive team. They are also great on the defensive side. People focus on Durant's scoring firepower. They forget how much he adds to their defense too.

17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

1986 Celtics

plutoblue11 likes this.
  18. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

bullshit will be a huge impact. We can't praise him for going to 7 straight finals and not take the losses into account.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

LeBron is top 2 or 3 all time. Losing to the Warriors who have 2 of the top 3 players in the league and 4 top 15-20 players won't change that.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

That's false too.

And neither is better than Pippen and Rodman when Jordan won titles with them. And both of those players would be tailor made for today's league. How can you dismiss Rodman when the main bigs for the two teams left are Thompson and Green? Pippen and Rodman are perfect small ball players.

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.