1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Leaving Neverland

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bratna8, Mar 4, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or very disturbed and mind still child like MJ.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I consider pedophiles to be disturbed. We agree.

3. astros123

astros123 Member

disgraceful documentary. Let the man rest in peace.

Watching the documentary it seemed like the kids parents were soaking up the fame every minute. Meeting stevie wonder, mardona, elton john, going on shopping sprees, getting new cars, etc.

#23 astros123, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah I'm not buying this doc much. HBO doesn't tend to go with 40% of a story but they did this time.

The FBI had surveillance on MJ for a decade and found nothing close to pedophilia. Sad that they can't let him RIP

5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Look, he may or may not have...but one of the reasons he was acquitted 20 years ago is these same guys testified on his behalf that nothing ever happened...multiple times.

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

If you haven't seen it, all I can say is that Leaving Neverland is completely convincing. It was already obvious that MJ was a very damaged individual, physically and emotionally. I don't think he abused every kid who he came into contact with, but I believe he did abuse children. To think otherwise would be blind, at this point. He's been credibly accused by five boys, all now adults. I believe there will be more.

Crazy to see "his" own children as young kids in the doc and realize immediately that there's not a drop of his DNA in their bloodline. I've never seen whiter children in my entire life.

7. astros123

astros123 Member

Care to explain whats makes them so "credible"? Do they have hard evidence?

Erbnwarfare and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

I haven’t seen part 2. Is he in it?!?!?

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

His daughter looks like she could easily be half black if I remember correctly.

12. SuraGotMadHops

MJ was a cooky, strange, man. He never really had a chance to be normal with an abusive father and shooting to international superstardom as a young boy.

I don't know how far he went with these kids. I want to believe that he's just a warped individual that legitimately thought himself a 12 year boy - that kind of thinking is consistent with his obsession with Peter Pan, Neverland Ranch, never growing up, etc. He was too deluded to see the inappropriateness of a 40 year old hosting sleepovers with 12 year olds, but in his mind he's just having a slumber party with his peers. Again, I want to believe that is only how far it went, but nobody wants to be over-naive about this.

tinman likes this.
  13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Well, there's no smoking dong, if that's what you mean. It's undisputed that MJ spent a lot of time alone with the boys, including many overnights in the same bed. One of the men still has the wedding ring that Michael bought him. All of the abuse discussed in the HBO doc occurred behind closed doors with no witnesses. If you can only be convinced by MJ getting caught on camera with a boy's penis in his mouth, then I'll have to respect that. All I can say is that I watched the show and I believed them.

I happen to think he was both things. He was several things. MJ was a super-talented performer. He was a victim of abuse who was then given riches and opportunities beyond anyone's wildest dreams and became a very unusual adult with obviously self-destructive habits. And he also liked to surround himself and form very close, "loving" relationships with pubescent and pre-pubescent boys. Some of those boys—five of them—claim that they engaged in sex. Find me five adults who can more credibly claim they had sex with Michael Jackson.

#33 Hippieloser, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  14. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Nook, tinman and Rocket River like this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude had a private doctor who was giving him anesthesia to help him sleep
    his life was far from normal so I think he goes back to his juvenile life as a sense of comfort

16. body slam

body slam Member

So when does the ban on MJ's music start?

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Already started.....

Stations in Canada and New Zealand have taken Jackson songs off air

A number of radio stations across the world have dropped Michael Jackson songs from their playlists.

The news comes in the wake of the US broadcast of Leaving Neverland, in which revived sexual abuse allegations are made against the late singer.

Read: “More victims will come out” – ‘Leaving Neverland’ director Dan Reed on Michael Jackson’s toxic legacy
    According to CNN, multiple major radio stations in New Zealand have stopped airing Jackson’s music including commercial broadcaster MediaWorks. Meanwhile, CBC reports that in Canada three major Montreal-based radio stations have pulled Jackson off air.

In a statement, MediaWorks’ Leon Wratt said: “Michael Jackson isn’t currently on any MediaWorks Radio stations’ playlists. This is a reflection of our audiences and their preferences – it is our job to ensure our radio stations are playing the music people want to hear.”

NZME, a rival broadcaster to MediaWorks, told the New Zealand Herald: “NZME station playlists change from week to week and right now Michael Jackson does not feature on them.”

Over the weekend, BBC Radio 2 was compelled to clarify to NME that it had not pulled Jackson’s songs from the station’s playlists. It followed what a BBC spokeswoman said was an “incorrect” report by The Times that that was the case.

The BBC said that it doesn’t feature Jackson the playlist because it’s reserved for new releases. As for other tracks played, they said that they don’t actually ban any artists from the air, adding: “We consider each piece of music on its merits and decisions on what we play on different networks are always made with relevant audiences and context in mind.”

Read more: ‘Leaving Neverland’: How to watch the shocking new Michael Jackson documentary
    Director Dan Reed’s film, Leaving Neverland, focuses on testimony by Wade Robson, 36, and James Safechuck, 41, who both claim that Jackson sexually abused them when they were children.

The pair brought civil suits against Jackson’s estate following his death but these were thrown out by a judge in 2017 after ruling that the estate could not be held liable for the singer’s behaviour.

Today (March 6) protesters are set to demonstrate against the UK broadcast of the documentary, which airs in two parts tonight and tomorrow, March 7 at 9pm on Channel 4.

The demonstrators are marching against the film after Channel 4 said there was “no change” in its commitment to airing the documentary despite demands from Jackson’s family and fans.

Jackson’s family have denied the allegations in Leaving Neverland.

Elsewhere, Corey Feldman has spoken out to defend Jackson after they spent time together during his childhood, while Rose McGowan told told fans: “I’m sorry your hero was a bad man“.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/mich...-from-radio-stations-around-the-world-2457781

body slam likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

After Abducted in Plain Sight I think I'm going to have to tap out on child abuse docs for a long time.

GRENDEL likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

No problem.

Might I suggest some light reading, perhaps about Albert Fish.... aka The Man in Gray, The Vampire of Brooklyn, the Werewolf of Wysteria and the boogeyman.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I watched the first part last night. As much as I can clearly remember all this happening with MJ as a kid, I only casually accepted MJ as a pedophile much later on. After seeing this, it's very difficult to imagine these 2 men making it all up. If it's true, MJ deserved to be in prison and he never fully paid for his crimes. I don't think I'll ever be able to hear another song of his without remembering the details I heard in this documentary.

BigM and TMAC3 like this.