1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lead investigator in Mexico massacre is missing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by G-Money, Aug 27, 2010.

1. pak0

pak0 Member

Yep the Nacho Coronel one was at first a head scrapper. Ive heard from people who know way more of this subject than me that El chapo simply turned him over because coronel's power had been dimishing rapidply, Again this is pure speculation.

2. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I guess Beltran Leyva cartel gave up La Barbie then too, no credit to Calderon.

#82 MiddleMan, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  3. pak0

pak0 Member

Maybe, it doesnt sound to far fetched. Im not saying that Calderon efforts are paying zero dividends, its just thats this is much more complex than that.

4. WillG

WillG Member

I dont get why there are thousands of soliders still in Iraq, but the US goverment doesnt help a country thats right next door.

5. WillG

WillG Member

soldiers

6. WillG

WillG Member

Please stop disrespecting my country sir :)

7. right1

right1 Member

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

wouldnt surprise me at all - remember a few years ago the governor of yucatan was indicted for drug smuggling.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2010-05-26-cancun-mayor_N.htm

found this article - the mayor of cancun has been arrested for drug smuggling as well.

9. YaosDirtyStache

I bet some repubs will find a way to spin this so Obama looks like the bad guy for not "invading" Mexico...but if he does send US troops to help, the same people will say he is wasting funds and American lives etc...just watch!

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:( 'Cuz nothing is happening "in the US", like nine eleven did in 2001. :(

11. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

The US has been sending "soldiers" into Mexico and central/south America for years to "fight drugs". Mostly ex-special services and foreign mercenaries in the form of right wing death squads.

This thing called the "war on drugs" isn't about drugs anymore....hasn't been for years. It's about political power and control.

12. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Luckily I just came back from my second and probably last trip to Cancun. They locals were talking about how the majors arrest will bring violence to the city since he is no longer offering safe passage in exchange for peacock to drug dealers. Kind of like what has happened in Monterey

13. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Peace*

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This might be the first time I have seen you post text :). I already thought you were a picture-posting bot :cool: (with a good selection, delivery and timing, I must say).

As to Mexico, such a shame...beautiful country, some beautiful women...but I think I will not go there anymore anytime soon. The tourism industry will suffer from all of this.

15. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

I'm a bot with attitude.....
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Columbian cartles usually smuggle through the Carribbean to southern Florida, why try such an exhausting land route? Perhaps their seafaring ways have been ambushed by the US armed forces. Or it could be the Mexican violence is being caused by the poor man's heroine: meth. Don't you guys watch Breaking Bad?

17. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

My sister told me last night that the Spanish news said the bar bombing was a retaliation for Barbie's arrest and that he worked in that area a lot. It makes me a bit uneasy about my trip to Cozumel/Playa Del Carmen this month but we know not to venture outside of our resort at night.

18. MiddleMan

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl...chron.com+-+Top+Stories)&utm_content=My+Yahoo

The gunbattle Thursday between Mexican soldiers and the Zetas drug gang killed at least 25 of the narcos near the town of Ciudad Mier, about 20 miles south of the border.

While details of Thursday's shootout in the state of Tamaulipas remained sketchy, it appears the Mexican army attacked a narco-recruiting and training center.

All 30 deceased gunmen were believed to belong to the Zetas — the group suspected of killing 72 migrants nearly two weeks ago in what appears to be Mexico's biggest cartel massacre to date.

From one a the ladies who reside in Mexico: "The only ones we have confidence in are the army and the federales. And I'd love to have American soldiers come here," she said.

------------------------

19. MiddleMan

Zetas are having the fight brought to them for a change. See what happens when they go up against a military.

20. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Excessive collateral damage is what's going to happen.