1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lead investigator in Mexico massacre is missing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by G-Money, Aug 27, 2010.

1. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

They caught the barbie. A huge catch and then they fired 3000 plus federal cops who were corrupt.

Is all of mexicos hard work paying off?

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Only fired? Shouldn't they all be locked up? What is "barbie" in this context?

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Read this, sir: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100831/ts_nm/us_mexico_drugs (you could have done that on your own :p )

There is no space to lock all these peace officers up and they would just rile up the prisoners. Just imagine corrupt cops getting sent into the prisons here. :eek: Not good.

4. wreck

hundreds had charges filed but thousands failed some sort of loyalty test or something.

5. Chamillionaire

The 5th Element:

Priest Vito Cornelius: I try to serve life. And you seem to want to destroy it.

Zorg: Oh, Father. You're so wrong. Let me explain.
    [Puts an empty water glass on his desk]

Zorg: Life, which you so nobly serve, comes from destruction, disorder and chaos. Now take this empty glass. Here it is: peaceful, serene, boring. But if it is destroyed
    [Pushes the glass off the table. It shatters on the floor, and several small machines come out to clean it up.]

Zorg: Look at all these little things! So busy now! Notice how each one is useful. A lovely ballet ensues, so full of form and color. Now, think about all those people that created them. Technicians, engineers, hundreds of people, who will be able to feed their children tonight, so those children can grow up big and strong and have little teeny children of their own, and so on and so forth. Thus, adding to the great chain of life. You see, father, by causing a little destruction, I am in fact encouraging life. In reality, you and I are in the same business.

1 person likes this.
  6. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

^somebody legalize the damn thing already

7. wreck

cocaine???

8. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

9. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

Ok. Then we must do what we must do. IF we must drop nuclear bombs on our cities well then.... it's a reasonable request.

IMHO.

10. pak0

pak0 Member

Long time lurker here, but id like to chime in since ive been living in Monterrey Nuevo Leon for the past six years and ive experienced first hand all the violence going on here for the past couple of years.

Ever since President Calderon started his "war" againts drugs cartels (its is actually widely believed that calderon actually supports one drug cartel, Chapo Guzman’s one) The country has seen violence and murders go up every year. But this years it has gotten ridiculous. It actually feels like a war zone.

Here in Monterrey the main issue is that all of the drug cartels have declared war against the Zetas, who as somebody previously said, used to be the gulf cartel’s gunmen and now created their own cartel. This has led to gunfights in different areas of the city that have never been considered dangerous. Theres been gunfights rigth across elementary schools, supermarkets, and many others that have not been reported by the media. We’ve also grown acoustumed to bloqueos, (criminals take drivers cars at gunpoint on important streets and park them across the street so they block all traffic,) this usually happens whenever theres has been a big gunfight or if the army detains or kills a zeta ( the army is pretty much doing the poilice job because the police is full of zetas helpers of “halcones”)

Things have gotten so way out of hand that recently the mayor of Santiago Nuevo Leon ( a city in the monterrey metropolitan area) was kidnapped and killed by expolicemen who now work for the zetas.

The society, as a consequence for all of this, has become really paranoid. Night clubs are empty, colleges have seen many students leave town (monterrey is a big student town) Actually it is also widely believed that the Nuevo Leon governor’s family actually lives in San Antonio and he flies there every weekend.

And that’s only Nuevo Leon, I hear Tamaulipas is way worse

1 person likes this.
  11. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Thanks for your insight. That is just sad to think how my dad's family is currently living. :( My mom talked to my aunt other day and she said that it is bad over there and they are just taking it day by day.

12. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

paK0

We all know for a fact that the Sinaloa Cartel will end the Zetas, Gulf Cartel drop the ball on hiring the Zetas to begin with. Most of these murders kidnapping are done by the Zetas. Calderon is actually doing a good job and bringing the fight to the cartels. OTOH I hope the US send more troops (Marines) instead of national guard to our border and greet the Drug smugglers. Zetas will get destroyed by our Marines. They are tons of videos on youtube showing how bad a@s the cartels are killing civilians and run like little rats when the military evens the fight.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ I've seen the "questioning" video where a cartel asks them why they let themselves get captured... and comments say that they are the only ones who kill innocent peeps... do other cartels not do that? :(
    Good stuff. Wasn't this the same hit that was by the guy who first said that he was thrown in a car by the kidnappers but there was video showing him willingly getting into the car like he was in on it? :confused:

14. MiddleMan

Swoly look into when did all this massacre begin with the cartels involving civilians. Sinaloa, Juarez, Tijuana and Gulf Cartels the major 4 co-existed in the drug trade everyone knew their place in the 80's up to 2000's. Gulf Cartel hired special forces from Mexico and formed Zetas to become enforcers, they pretty much flip the script and tried to run on their own betraying the Gulf Cartel. Now the 4 major Cartels are targeting the Zetas, since alliances been formed for a common enemy since they are real bad for business. Add the Mexican government and matazetas who are formed from family members of victims who were killed by the Zetas and actually killing the members themeselves.

15. pak0

pak0 Member

Yes the murdering and kidnapping is usually done by Zetas, but i dont think they're going away that easy, they become really powerfull, They are all over the country, not just around the border. I do think that eventually a group effort is gonna end the zetas, but i dont see it in the near future.

An example of how powerfull zetas have become is the protection fee they charge to local business in a lot of cities in México. This consist of them charging a monthly fee to local businessmen in exchange of not kidnapping or killing their families.

Talking about calderon, we as a society do not agree on the way calderon has handed his "war" againts cartels, because it has actually led to war like violence in a lot of cities where 4 or 5 years ago they were really peacefull. Its kinda funny and ironic that now mexico city is actually perceived as one of the most safest cities to live in the country. Thats how bad it has gotten.

SwoLy, a video of the kidnapping of mayor cavazos (Santiagos mayor) emerged a couple weeks ago. It shows a group of gunmen breaking into his house at night, and scorting him on to a vehicle. The video shows him walking up to the truck but surrounded by gunmen, so i don think he had much of a choice

16. wreck

From what I read you guys were immune from all of this because of an agreement between the cartels. The ones who lived in that city wanted it to be a safe haven. So while there were lots of drug money in the city there was no violence

But I had no idea the president may be backing a cartel. I have never thought of that.

Question. If that's what keeps the violence away would you be okay with one president backed cartel?

17. pak0

pak0 Member

Thats exactly what has happened. People (myself included) feel they were better off when every drug cartel knew their place and co existed. You didnt get trouble if you didnt ask for trouble. Nowadays you can get in the middle of gunfire at pretty much any hour and at any place, and nobodyy is safe, because we have zetas and other drug cartels gunmen living in the cities trying to kill each other

18. pak0

pak0 Member

As i said before, it is widely believed, but not confirmed (nor it ever will be) that President Calderon presidential campaign was in some parts financed by El Chapo Guzman, leader of the Sinaloas Cartel. And thats why he´s only going after certain drug cartels. But who knows, maybe they go after them after and if they defeat the Zetas

Im in favor of whatever keeps the violence away. Back when every cartel co existed wasnt by any means the best situation, but it sure beats what were are going thru right now.

19. MiddleMan

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jul/30/world/la-fg-mexico-cops-20100730

July 30,2010

In a significant blow against the powerful Sinaloa drug cartel, Mexican troops on Thursday killed one of the group's top figures during an arrest raid in western Mexico.

Ignacio Coronel Villarreal is described as one of the three most important bosses in the cartel, which is based in Sinaloa state and run by the country's most-wanted drug suspect, Joaquin "Chapo" Guzman. Coronel, known as "Nacho" and in his mid-50s, was highly sought by U.S. and Mexican authorities.

The raid should help Calderon fend off allegations that the government offensive has left largely unscathed the Sinaloa group while hitting its rivals. Calderon has vehemently denied that accusation.

20. MiddleMan

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hRe72Kr90AE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hRe72Kr90AE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>