1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lawson: Team would run different defensive call than what coach instructed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 17, 2015.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Ive said it before and I'll say it again... Harden is a cancer - screw him!

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I agree. More likely that a player that commands respect on the court changed a play(s) on more than one occasion, in my opinion.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is no one on the court that deserves that kind of respect on the Houston defense.

If they are not going to listen to the coach, we need a new coach.

DD

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

We need a new coach and not some freakin Morey- puppet.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

you need a meeting to remind everyone to run the right play? are they ****in r****ded?

6. cbk41

cbk41 Member

He's a pretty bad puppet if the players are ignoring the defense calls.

7. malakas

malakas Member

This isn't the first time in the history of the league that a team ignores their coach. It's very common.
    This isn't on the players per se, it's on the COACH. The players are tuning him out and he needs to go. He has failled to command any respect and is plain ignored and he has dared do nothing about it. Why not bench everyone who ignores you? No? Then here we are.

Bring a new coach.

8. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

Wow. It doesn't sound too good. The real question, becomes, if it is Harden causing the problems - calling switches, and/or not switching when he is supposed to, who has the balls to call him out?

I don't think Dwight does. I think Dwight is very much an "avoid confrontation guy", which is one of the reasons he left LA - he's not going to fight with Kobe and figure **** out, just duck his head and leave to greener pastures.

Hopefully, it's Lawson. Although, I've never heard of Lawson being a great leader before, and he definitely came to this team as sort of a mini-me Harden, just deferring to James at all times - because it's Jame's team. But, can he get upset enough, and demand his role. We can only hope.

9. theredbackpack

this is really about james harden. i don't think ty is dumb enough to join a new team and be like "well now i'm a freelancer." the team is bouncing between mchale and harden and to a way lesser extent, ty himself. (in flashes, he's shown what kind of facilitator he can be.)
    we won't really know if any of this means anything until tomorrow night, but this seems like it's directly related to james.

10. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Would you please cite a reference to this? Thanks.

11. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Not trying to be difficult, but honest question here. Is this just speculation or are all these occurrences well documented/known?

12. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Would you be disappointed if I said yes?

13. Sanity2disChaos

You bring up a good point. If Morey is in control as much as we think ,do it matter what coach we pick up??

we do play under the GMs' philosophy......

14. Sanity2disChaos

The players played bad just for this ..........it was all in the plans guys.