1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Latinos and Home Depot?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I had a craving for a new toilet all week last week so struck up the conversation with quite a few people, some casual acquaintances (btw I spelled that correctly without using google, self high-five), and some friends.

I was asking them about cheap flushing options since I didn't want to spend too much and everyone's first response was "Home Depot's great, but you know what's wrong with it" or "They got good prices but you know the kind of people go there" etc. They always stare at me with a cockeyed look when they say it (you know the look, it's something racist but they dont wanna come out and say it so they just give you that look...I can't describe it, I just know it when I see it). When they do eventually come out and say it, it's always referring to how they see so many latino people at Home Depot.

Is this like a real phenomenon or something? I haven't stepped into a Home Depot in like 2 months so it has been a while. I've heard the jokes in the past but always thought it was done for effect by latino comedians. However, with so many real world people saying the same thing, I'm wondering if this is a real thing, and if it is, why do latino people like Home Depot?

1 person likes this.
  2. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Dead joke is dead...

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I think big box stores latinos like all have one thing in common.

Kick.
    Ass.
    Building Materials.

[​IMG]

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Aside from mocking Hotballa, this is a true question. I noticed this last night after comparing toilet prices between Lowes and HD. HD had tons of Hispanics. Lowes, tons of crackers. I was just going to ask a Mexican friend of mine, because, you know, I need mention that to prove that I'm not racist, but since it came up as a good opportunity for a laugh, I thought I would post it here.

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

My thread:
    Chinese people and my lane on the freeway?

6. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

i am pretty sure the OP is zimmerman

7. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

We preffered the name "Brownies" since that is the color of our skin. Thank you very much.

#7 Blurr#7, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

alright i gotta ask. who the heck is Zimmerman?

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Leader of the Black Panthers.

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

George Zimmerman is the guy who shot Trayvon Martin

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Hero to some, zero to others.

12. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

How do you not know this??? :p

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

man I thought the guy was referring to a clutchfans poster with the moniker. :D

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I went over to the Department of Motor Vehicles because I wanted to get a Motorcycle License and they said, "Well, you gotta go over here and talk to a man," and I went over to the man and he gave me a ticket and I sat down.

I was there til eight and the place was closed and I had to spend the night there and when they opened up the next day, I was very hungry and they said, "What were you doing here overnight?" and I said, "Well, I was waiting to get a Motorcycle License," and they said, "Well, you're at Home Depot."

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I go looking for flower beds on weekends and notice the Browns there a lot on weekends. I guess they like gardening too.

16. Pete the Cheat

I would have also accepted latinos and Red Box

1 person likes this.
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

^^^ I was stuck behind a latino man at a red box for about 15 minutes. No idea what the hell he was doing. He was looking at out of stock movies and searching the internet on his phone. I finally gave up and went to the nearest Hastings. When I drove back by he was still at the machine.

18. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

they should put a sign on all red boxes that says "please do not waste more than 5 minutes using this machine"... some folks can be ridiculously inconsiderate.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Especially jews.

20. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

It may have to do with where the stores are located and the number of stores in the area. I think there are way more Home Depot's than Lowes. Where I live there are 3 Home Depot stores and 1 Lowes.