1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Latest on Yao.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sew, Jul 3, 2009.

1. sew

sew Member

Lock up if this has been posted already.

Got this from Pryuen at YMM.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

wow that suggested surgery sounds scary. i hope they reach for a traditional treatment SOMEHOW (which i doubt now) but man, that's like plastic surgery on his foot.

3. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I'm hoping that Yao will come back strong if not this season but hopefully next season, knowing Ariza is a better wing man. Take care big guy!

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Like his new nickname, Big Yao, hah. :cool:

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Haha, I like the second and third bullets.... boo hoo I can't play World of Warcraft... I'm just going to surf the net now... haha...

6. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

That has been his nickname (in Chinese) for a long time, since he started his bb career.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So Blinebury jumped the gun for his scoop (tsk-tsk), and Yao may take the Ilgauskas path. He's owed 18 million in 2010/2011. Maybe we can shave 6-million off that and offer Yao a 2-year, 24 million deal for the 10/11 and 11/12 seasons. That gives Yao some security in case he doesn't come back as expected, and gives us some extra flexibility.

8. MandM's

MandM's Member

that is also like what they did to big z in cleveland. took time to recover but he is playing

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

If he goes with that surgery, he's gone for at least a year. So John Wall is the potential big name in next year's draft huh? :eek:

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

At this point, Yao needs to something drastic otherwise I think you can expect other injuries. Big Z had the same problem, constant foot injuries until they lowered his high arch.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oh well I didnt know that. News to me! Excuse my ignorance.

12. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

i hope they go with the conservative treatment and let it heal on its own :) We're reconstructing the Big Wall of China !!!!!!!!!:D

13. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

whatever surgery allows himself to play basketball again without having to worry about this again is the way to go...regardless of recovery time (even if it means sacrificing next season). all this "career ending" talk is scaring me

14. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

i meant The Great Wall of China!!!!!! :rolleyes:

15. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I have had issues with Blinebury in the past, but I've never seen him screw-up raw information like this.

If indeed Yao's quote is accurate Fran needs to be fired from the only job he has left. And I owe an apology to MadMax and a couple other posters here (I'll research).

There's probably a 95% chance Yao will have surgery, but breaking the news and stating it as a fact on nba.com is bs.

The Rockets should attempt to sever the access Fran still has to the team.

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

JOHN WALL EH??? wat u on about dude we're getting the 30th pick next draft...oh wait thats right...we're getting John Wall instead!!! yeah definitely I'm very happy we're John Wall-bound...now morey please DO NOT ADD ANY VETERANS...

this lineup would be perfectly ultra-sick for next season:

Sessions
    Taylor/Wafer if he can be resigned
    Ariza
    Scola
    Dorsey

I'd hate for our starting 5 to be any better than this next season..

Top pick 2010 draft here we come baby!!!

17. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

**** all this ****, get him a bionic foot

18. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

its normal for someone like you to not know it...as his nickname in chinese translates literally into BIG-YAO...its just none of the posters on this AMERICAN bbs knows or uses it

19. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Actually we will be caught between the two Walls, John Wall and the Great Wall. We will probably achieve a mediocre 41-41 season and get the 14 - 16 draft position.

20. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

But he is NOT the primary offensive option for the Cavs apparently, i.e. he plays off of LeBron, so he's not getting the same kind of pressure Yao's been taking these past couple of years.

So to preserve Yao's foot, HE CANNOT BE THE #1 OFFENSIVE OPTION.