1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

--Latest Alleged U.S. Atrocity in Iraq--

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by underoverup, Jun 30, 2006.

1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Eat more fish. :D

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Thank you for bringing up the UN blue helmets,...for some reason they don't get called out with the ire they show against the U.S. soldiers and get a free pass by the pussyfooting leftwingers...

In my thread, on page 2...I cited the rapings in exchange of food...Where is the freaking crying out loud against the U.N. of not long ago?

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

What he said.

There's no way Carolyn would kick anyone out of a show - that was hyperbole. She's pretty much the kindest woman on the planet, but the flip side of that is that she would be deeply saddened and likely (if privately) appalled at the hate gwayne spews here. And I think it would deeply freak her out to know she had a fan that thought such things.

I love that texxx accuses me of playing politics when he regularly trumpets the successful "war on terror," insisting that Bush is some kind of great defender of the nation's security, while refusing to get on one side of the other of the 9/11 commission recommendations. Just one more in a long line of threads he chickened out on. This isn't about politics to me - it's about people dying that shouldn't have.

As for gwayneco, I'm gonna try to leave him alone for as long as I can. I'm starting to think he might be seriously mentally ill and I have some sympathy about that. I feel a little bad for stoking the flames of it.

4. underoverup

underoverup Member

what a surprise batman and gwanco ruining yet another thread in the D & D
    :(

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

You have my personal apologies for my part in it. I've exhausted my disgust with gwayneco's defense of rapers and murderers and I'm done here for now. Go back to talking about the atrocities themselves.

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

After reading through some of the posts here, all I have to say is Wow! :eek:

7. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

So, I'm defending them if I think that they should be sentenced to death if found guilty at a fair trial?

8. gwayneco

The hate iI see is from people calling my president a war criminal for wanting to liberate 50 million people. If peace, love, and understanding always means sitting on the sidelines for things like Rwanda, then shove it.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who in this argument said we should sit on the sidelines during a Rwanda?

What was going on in Iraq was not a Rwanda.

What would the appropriate emotion be toward a President who lied and started a war against a nation that wasn't a threat?

How's that liberation going that, according to you, was his intent? Sadly the size of the militias in Iraq have gone up since the elections.

Democracy and freedom is an admirable goal for Iraq or any nation. Lying, military force, and incompetence are no way to spread democracy, and are actually contrary to such goals.

10. gwayneco

I don't recall any musicians writing protest songs about Bill Clinton's inaction in Rwanda.

11. RocketMan Tex

You just outlined your own misunderstanding perfectly.

You think people are calling "your President" a war criminal for wanting to liberate 50 million people.

In reality, people are calling "your President" a war criminal because the war he led the United States into, which is also the first pre-emptive war against another nation in American history, is based, at the very least, on faulty/manipulated intelligence, or, at most, on blatant lies.

Either way, that makes him a war criminal.

Your sense of perception is completely off the mark.

#71 RocketMan Tex, Jul 12, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't believe that a musicians protest song is the only measurement by which we judge opposition.

Hell, even Al Gore has spoken up against that inaction. Clinton's administration doesn't seem to have a problem admitting it was wrong.

13. gwayneco

You are completely and utterly insane.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Personal attack and utter lack of substance again.

15. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i'm struggling to understand why anyone even responds to gwayneco, it just feeds the hate. think about it, would you post incessantly in a forum where nearly everyone abhors your opinions? he gets off on it.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't know why you find it surprising that Americans are more upset about, and have higher expectations of trained professional US military personnel, who represent americans abroad, than of undisciplined third world armies made up of conscripts shipped off to the middle of nowhere.

Why is this surprising to you? Why do you seek to insult our armed forces (again, like you always do) by lowering the bar for their conduct? And how do you square this with your starry eyed UN-loving of yesterday, in which you extolled its virtuosity as a cure-all for terrorism (despite of course the fact that it is not, never was, and never will be)?

17. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Can i get an amen?

AMEN.

18. gwayneco

Yeah, none of you evil bastards ever attack me personally. :D

19. RocketMan Tex

Coming from you, I wear that comment like a Badge of Honor.

Now go put on your dress. Your Jihadist friends will be at my house for happy hour, and they want Virgin #73 to look ripe for the picking.

:D

20. gwayneco

Right on cue.