1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Last optimist in the universe] Making history: Why not this team? Why not us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, May 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As I watch this thread unfold I am deciding to get drunk too

2. ibm

ibm Member

where in my post did i show disrespect?

and, why must one have respect for harden? what if i dont?

3. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Why even follow this team then?

4. rocketman72

rocketman72 Member

I'm with you. Rockets in 7.

5. ibm

ibm Member

you really want to know why i follow the rockets (for decades), or you're just implying that if one doesnt like harden and his game much then he should have no reason to follow the team?

if the latter, then i have to say you have some logic issues.

6. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

If McHale and his supposed defensive coordinator JB Bickerstaff try something completely different on defense, sure they might win Game 4. Beyond that you're asking for a miracle. Even if McHale throws out some great adjustment it will be effectively countered by Kerr in Game 5, if not halftime of Game 4. At that point you're screwed.

The only chance you had in this series was to play ugly ball. You aren't going to out Golden State Golden State. You simply don't run with that team. Curry was right about that, the Rockets can't run with them.

If the Rockets stop with the ridiculous switching strategy on defense and play through Dwight on offense then maybe they'll win a game.

7. dream_team

dream_team Member

If the Rockets don't win Game 4... it means one of two things:

1) Warriors are just a way more superior team than the Rockets.
    2) Rockets have no heart.

Lets just say I don't believe it's #1. Yes, they are better... but not far more superior. And this team has shown they have heart in the last series.

I believe they will win Game 4, that puts them at 3-1, and we know this team has come back from 3-1 before.

One game at a time!

8. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/FzWP4ljxGK">https://t.co/FzWP4ljxGK</a></p>&mdash; Daryl Morey (@dmorey) <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/602360978148175872">May 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. newAge_Rockets

Sure, why not?

LET'S GO ROCKETS!

10. tanviraman

tanviraman Contributing Member

Hey I for one appreciate your optimism. I think it is refreshing in a time where we are so depressed and doubtful. One thing is certain it will eventually happen where a team comes back from 0-3 in the NBA. It's happened in both the NHL and MLB and there have been times it could have happened in the NBA. The 94 nuggets went 0-2 against Seattle and then won the next 3. But what people forget is they also went 0-3 in the next round against Utah and then won 3, and forced a game 7 and eventually lost. I sincerely believe the 95 Rockets would have won another game against Phoenix if they had to. In 2013 it would not have been that crazy for the Rockets to come back against OKC once Westbrook was lost. And I completely disagree with the poster that said if we were more like the Spurs he would believe. I hate to tell you the Spurs have never really come back in a series they were not in control of. As a matter of fact the opposite has occurred, the Spurs dominated OKC in 2012 in the first 2 games and were 10-0 in the playoffs before they lost the next 4 to OKC. They also dominated the Lakers in 2004 in the first 2 games, before they lost the next 4. It's all about fundamentally changing a series more than anything else. To be honest the Clippers should have and would have swept us in 4 games, if Paul was healthy and we never put Smith in the lineup, and our role players didn't improve from sucking to being really productive. At the same time if we went back for a game 8 in LA, I think we would have won again.

I'm not saying we are going to be the ones to make history and fundamentally change this series, but I think it's nice to have some hopeful fans that rub some optimism and positive thoughts in us. So I thank you!

#30 tanviraman, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015
  11. roidrage

roidrage Member

Lmfao!#! Yeah right you are not the last optimist you the lastfantisist optimist would us having Aldridge next year so we could have a chance against this team with a healthy beaverly

12. rocks123

rocks123 Member

the thing with GSW if one of their starting five or probably even two starts sucking a lot another player is willing to step up and take the load whether offensively or defensively. I mean Thompson is almost a non factor but Curry just decided to shoot more so no problem. And its not the case of just catching fire or having a hot hand like Josh smith or that other smith from the cavs. They can consistently do it. I want to believe but you know a consistent team like GSW is hard to beat. But we'll see. The rockets might wake-up from this nightmare and decides to take it up another notch. They just really need to be so n sync and so focus. They should not think that the warriors will give them the 4th game they should forcefully take it from them. They should also not rely solely on harden bail out or howards rebounding and defense. Its no longer Harden and howard will save us. Or someone will have a big game from the bench and save us. It needs to be harden is having a great game i should show off my skill too. Or harden is not doing so well i have to show them rockets is not just about harden or howard. We've all seen it Rockets is at its best when they all contribute. So they better summon back their inner child superhero and believe they can save this rockets team.

13. roidrage

roidrage Member

We need A point guard and power forward and one of those 2 needs to be star caliber...period

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

GSW will be Champions this year, and rightfully so. A bit sad that Rockets fans can't appreciate them because of the hate, but we are witnessing one of the best teams ever. Consistently best team on defense and offense this season, one player will be shooting lights out each game and make up for others. They have an extremely deep roster and haven't shown any real weakness.

15. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

And a team that has a big mouth too. Hope LBJ shuts them up like the brats they are. If we can't come back and win I'll be cheering for the Cavs full stop.

16. arubato

arubato Member

There is still hope.

17. PJ86

PJ86 Member

What makes you think this mentally fragile team with a coach who has not adjusted and looks clueless can go into Oracle arena and somehow come up with a win. Sure we could win game 4, but game 5, no freaking way.

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Will never give up hope...Rockets in 7

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He thinks he is Phil Miller, last optimist on earth. And then he finds out there are more of him in the universe......

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Against Memphis early on they showed weakness. Just sayin