1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last Night was a GREAT Night. Thanks to Yao.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Nov 13, 2006.

1. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

You're not a fool.

It takes five, baby.

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Dear Yao,

Thanks for last night. It was amazing...the greatest night of my life! Sigh.

Sincerely,

ClutchFans

:D

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Greg Anthony is a DOUCHEBAG.. always been a CHUMP with a bigger mouth than game.

Five stars for this thread! :p

4. noize

noize Contributing Member

Well, Greg Anythony did say "He's just dominating the Heat!" towards the end of the game.

5. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

what... no poem tonight?

6. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Zboy is writing one for Coach Van Gundy right now, hater.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Trust me.

You dont want me to write one for JVG.

Or I should say you wouldnt want to read it!!

It will be a gem though. And since I am capitalist, and you enjoy my work so much, I will email you one, if you paypal me some $$ !!!

BTW, I dont write poems. I speak the truth. And it hurts JVG Strokers like you, like a b****!!

8. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

You are calling me a hater. Thats funny. I'm not blaming anyone for the loss. When your two best players go ice cold in the second half against the best team in the league you don't have a chance to win. It happens.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The difference is...

You hate posters here.

While I and others critisize players or coaching decisions, not the players or coaches as person.

No one hates Juwan as a person. I and others on this board hate his slow-footedness and the harm it causes the team.

No one hates JVG as person. I and others hate his stubborness, lack of creativitiy on offense, and other aspects when it comes to coaching and how it affects his team. What he does in his own personal time and how it affects everyone outside the team, no one gives a damn about.

BTW, no one is immune to criticism. Even Tmac and Yao will need to take it when they suck.

So, when your favourite coach or your favourite player Juwan are costing the team, just live with the criticism.

When your fav coach JVG decides to sit back and enjoy the show while his team is blowing a 20 point lead, without calling timeouts to stop the bleeding, $hit happens.

Tmac and Yao have to take their share of the blame. But time management is not under their control.

#109 Zboy, Nov 14, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Teaxs Stoke, since you kept asking for one, here you go. I would have written more but I have a AM exam tomm. Here's one on the fly. It's all in good fun. Enjoy! And save the $$. This one is on me bud.

Ode to JVG.

IQ on the fly,
    Hard to come by,
    and when it comes to myself,
    you can kiss it good bye.

I want players you are mentally tough,
    I want someone who can make it in clutch,
    So I got drunk and called up Toronto,
    Ended up with Rafer, a boneheaded crutch.

Put Novak in you say?
    Try Billy a little I may?
    Unexperienced rookies all they are,
    You all might as well begin to pray.

I will play Juwan until he dies,
    I will give him minutes because i think he tries,
    A rebound or block he may never sniff again,
    But he's gotta earn all that money going down the drain.

I preach hard core defense,
    So think twice before you call me dense,
    Come up with a versatile offense?
    That does not seem to make much sense.

Les Alexander is riding my @ss,
    Phil Jackson keeps passing gas,
    But all you do is analyze my plays,
    I might as well quit like good old Knick days.

Listen up! i really need to get my extension,
    I need to feed my family too, son,
    So risk taker I will not be,
    Just get used to it and become a Rocket Rowdie!

If you will support me blindly,
    If you will keep calling me your daddy,
    Bunch a tickets I will buy you for sure,
    Texas Stoke will you be, and complain no more.

#110 Zboy, Nov 14, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  11. YaoMcGrady

YaoMcGrady Contributing Member

Not only did that not follow any sort of sensible rhyme scheme or rythmic measure whatsoever, it was just kind of "shallow and padantic."

I was at the game, and Refs aside I'll be the first to blame this lose is on JVG and Yao.

Do I want to fire him? Do I want to trade him? By all means, HELL NO. We have a long road ahead of us. It's still November boys, have patience.

12. matty101

matty101 Member

AMEN to that man :D

13. benum

benum Member

Nice!!! :D :D :D :D
    and WE WANT MORE!

14. Burzmali

Burzmali Member

Giggle.

15. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

:mad: am i the only one annoyed with greg anthony, and leger kept saying how big and strong shaq is on every single possession, especially when Yao is guarding him.

yes we know shaq is big. yes we know he is strong. :mad:

16. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

now in this league Yao is going to be more of a fans favorite than shaq ever was with his wanna be Mahommad Ali ego! but than again the guy is only trying to make himself happy and we shouldn't get in the way! :D

17. JayLau910

JayLau910 Member

everytime the rockets are on national television, i tune in to that channel instead of our own biased commentators (you guys gotta admit they always talk good about everything about the rockets), looking to see if national tv will ever give us respect. well ... things never change. it all comes back from when we won our championships. no respect there. olajuwon never got enough national praise like all this "shaq is just so big, so powerful, so graceful ..." No shaq is not graceful or a "ballet dancer" as bill walton described him once, he's big, he's strong, but he no longer dominates yao. i remember all the times the rockets have played shaq and everytime i hear the commentators on national tv, i hear some1 excuse shaq's weaknesses which he's never corrected in 16 years, by sayin "becuz he's shaq." I respect the guy (tho less and less nowadays), but c'mon, it's obvious he is not the best center. and national tv just always has something against the rockets. any1 else notice tmac is less praised nowadays cuz he's a rocket? any1 notice how every1 credits superstars for putting up superstar #'s but national commentators will say "oh and yao got his numbers ..." How frustrating. I have a feeling even if the Rockets won it all, we'd get no respect ... Hmm. I wish we'd beat the heat in the finals, and even then, im sure some1 would say how shaq is better than yao. yao is not "pretty much the same." He's not just a 7'5 player. He's skilled. When will national tv ever give credit to our rockets?