1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last Night was a GREAT Night. Thanks to Yao.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Nov 13, 2006.

1. GreatRox

GreatRox Member

THe last pargraph about wade is really funny

even shaq's most faithful teammate does not have the gut to declare shaq as the best.....that's sad :D

2. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

You are an idiot.

3. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

After such a great performance by one of our own Rockets player, i can't believe you side with the idiots to pick bone in an egg and actually say they were right to dish Yao's offensive rebounding. Go read the other basketball boards, you will only find praises for yao everywhere and not even fans from the other team have said anything about Yao's offensive rebounding. All they talk about is how great Yao has played last night.

You suck.

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Not when you have to pay extra for it.

5. 8AvA8

8AvA8 New Member

i saw the translation on the hoopchina.com, people there let me find the origin here, good poem, great comment!

6. pplippl

pplippl New Member

Fantastic article!!!

7. iglesias

iglesias New Member

I very like it. good paper!! :)

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Maybe I'm a little homophobic, but this really made me uncomfortable.

Otherwise, great post!!

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Zboy should send this to ESPN and see if they dare print it...

10. qrui

qrui Member

i like what you were drinking ;)

great post zboy!

11. boby

boby Member

12. windfern

windfern Member

ZBOY FOR PRESIDENT!

13. rickevin

rickevin Member

This is obviously beautifully written.

But why does everybody call it a poem? It may be a prose, but no poem.

14. Hayesfan

that may be because way back on page one I called it "poetic"

15. piyong

piyong Member

Just thought, if each paragraph poem of ZBoy written has video link, its would be complete perfect.

16. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Personally, I love the national media's overrating of the Heat and underrating of the Rockets. It allowed me to make my biggest bet of the year on the Houston Rockets +4 on Sunday. Let's face it, until the Rockets make it deep into the playoffs people are going to keep writing off Yao and the rest of the team as a fluke. I feel like this is the year they're proven wrong.

17. Nero

Nero Member

Y'know, I don't want to be a 'negative nancy' or anything, and frankly, the original post by Z was nice enough and all..

But..

After the initial flush of the reading such effusive praise of Yao (deservedly so, may I add), and the likely rush of having so many nice new Chinese fans and all, most of whom have eyes first and foremost for Yao (there's nothing wrong with that, all things considered), I went back and looked through the thing again.

I wanted to see how Yao managed to beat the Miami's all by his lonesome. Clearly he played 1-on-5.

Because when I looked for some praise in there for any of the supporting cast, uh, nope, nada. No props to JVG for the extremely good job of coaching these guys up this year (as has been so eloquently translated and posted by some wonderful hard-core Chinese hoops propeller-heads), no laudits for Battier, who played a large role in keeping DWade in check most of the night, no love for Luther who basically iced the game with his clutch shooting in period 4.. but most of all (least of all?), no mention of the guy who made it all happen, who took on his shoulders the burden of creating opportunities for his teammates, the guy without whom the Rockets do not dominate as easily, without whom Yao does not so solidly impose his will on Shaq.

It was an entertaining enough read, sure. I just wish it had had something to say about the team, about the contributions of the other players on the team as well, rather than solely being about Yao. Nit-picking, I know.

But we saw what happened last year, after the ASB, when, even with Yao playing out of his mind like he is now, without a good team around him, this team remained a loser.

Without TMac (good God, especially TMac), without Rafer, without Shane, without Hayes (and now hopefully JHo), without Head and Snyder, without Deke.. and further along this season, without Novak, Billy and JL3, this team has no chance.

Because one man cannot do it alone.

Not even Yao.

18. Hayesfan

Everything that you said in that post is absolutely true. I would hope that people here know Yao didn't win on his own. But I think the theme for the night, and disagree with me if you think differently, was who is the better center Yao or Shaq?

Z's post was about the blatant disrespect that was shown on ESPN and by the media prior to and during the game and the satisfaction of knowing that our center demonstrated that underestimating him this year is a mistake. Not about how only Yao is going to win games for us.

JMHO! :)

19. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

This is very true especially for a nationally televised game. Home town announcers aren't even this biased at times when they have every right to be. When I watched the Bucks -Rockets game on league pass the other night, the Bucks announcers were totally praising our team at every corner and really impressed. Of course they talked about their guys like they were all stars but we got our due praise. Please be unbiased on NATIONAL TV. Where is Jon Barry and all of the ex-coaches that call pretty good games(Doug Collins on TNT). When they criticize, it is for a good reason as well as when they praise. For neutral fans watching the game, they probably thought the announcers were jackasses and didn't know what they were talking about.

20. KGHossman

KGHossman Member

That was beautifully written. The espn analysts announcing the game were sooo biased towards the Heat. the heat do deserve alot of respect, but they shouldn't discredited the Rox the way they did. It really pissed me off listening to Greg Anthony and Tim Legler dog on the Rockets the way they did. I even remember them saying that chuck hayes was one of the few bright spots on the rockets team. Not to take anything away from chuck hayes, he has been playing amazing basketball, but the other rockets on this team have stepped it up this season. Skip, Yao, Shane, Head, among others have had good games this year.