1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last Night was a GREAT Night. Thanks to Yao.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zboy, Nov 13, 2006.

1. thetennisyao

thetennisyao Member

send this thing to espn. :rolleyes:

2. yAlaNz

yAlaNz Member

Best post in this millenium! :cool:

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I have been a Rockets fan for less than a year, so I can't have a chip on my shoulder about their press. That being said, it was disgraceful how one sided the announcing was on that game last night. The two announcers were basically criticizing every aspect of the Rockets game, and praising the Heat who were only up by a few points.

I completely understand that they went into that game believing that the Heat were going to stomp the Rockets. That does not mean that they have to reiterate each of one teams flaws and ignore the other teams flaws.

If they want to be negative fine, be negative for both teams. If they want to be positive, fine, be positive for both teams.

I, for one, don't want to hear how ab-fab Shaq and Wade are every trip up and down the court. Nor do I want to hear how the Rockets can't get fast points sixteen times in a ten minute stretch. I don't care if its true or not.

That's just bad announcing.

As far as the medias problem with not knowing Yao or seeing the Rockets... we have exactly 9, count them NINE nationally televised games. How many do the LA Lakers have? How many do the Miami Heat have? If they only have 9 games too, then I guess its equal and the announcers shouldn't know the Rockets any better. My guess is that they have a lot more than 9 out of 82 nationally televised games.

4. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

A flare for the dramatics can't mask the honesty it represents. Your thread is the most eloquent thing I've seen written on the board since I've been a member. Props to Zboy. A biased media can only lie to itself for so long.

To be fair, the rest of America has not gotten to see the Yao we've all come to know and love as much as we have. This game was a big step in terms of respect for our man. I've spent some time today looking at other teams', espn's, dime's, etc. forums looking for what others had to say about Yao and this nationally televised game. An almost completely general concensus was...

YAO = BEAST

If Yao can take it to Ben Wallace on TNT Thursday and the good guys can pull out a W, I am convinced the world (read: moronic, biased analysts) will have to concede the dominant center position to the man who has owned it for damn near a year now.

5. morningstar

morningstar Member

Not maybe, it is true.

6. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Great post... Would it be koolio if I print this and put it on my door?

My roommate is a Yao disbeliever! I must show him whats up!

7. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

hahahah I love being a rockets fan right now. these are the times where spirits are high. we have to cherish these times because there WILL be bad times during the season.. don't get me wrong I believe in this team. but we CANNOT freak out when it's tough, just like the team won't. we're better than that.

GO ROCKETS!!!

8. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Why care about the announcing? It did seem a bit slanted toward the home team but whatever. Miami is the NBA champs - houston is a team that won thirty some games last year. Miami has earned the respect and Houston hasn't.

Live with it.

9 nationally televised games! That's not shabby at all.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Go for it. I dont even care about copyright.

I was drunk when i wrote it. :p :D

10. boby

boby Member

What the **** is wrong with you?

11. reverse

reverse Member

Nice written!
    I think that game was a turning point for those who has't realized the fact that Yao is now becoming the NO.1 center...
    I'm confidently believe that the announcers will have to give Rockets more nice words instead of ignorance on the next national broadcast. :)

12. showay

showay Member

nice poem.5 star!

13. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

I understand the issue of 'respect'. Yeah, the Heat are champs and we were a lottery team. Fair enough.

However, tis not as much a matter of respect to me, as it is a matter of fairness and accuracy. The job done by the ESPN announcers yesterday was utterly biased, inaccurate, blinded, and unfair. It was very detached from the reality of what was happening on the court. That's my biggest bone of contention with the ESPN guys.

edit: zboy, Great read. Thanks.

14. YaoFan

YaoFan Contributing Member

Wow! Excellent read! I wish I could write this well.

BTW, last night I was so excited that I did not sleep well at all.

15. Charlie Chen

Charlie Chen Member

great post! I like it very much.

16. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

beautiful, beautiful!!!!!!!!!! five stars!!!!!!!!!! :D

17. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Last night was great night. Thanks to JVG and Juwan Howard.

18. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

Great stuff, Zboy.

Greg Anthony was on a roll last night, the guy was delirious.

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

THATS MY FAVORITE ONE!

20. wangzhizhi

wangzhizhi Member

Awesome poem, couldn't have said it better myself.

I mean, wtf, where the hell did 78% come from?! Stupid Yao haters.