1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last night again shows Harden still better than Curry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, Jan 23, 2015.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Tis may very well be true, but I really don't see Curry as a great defensive player either.

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

too much is put in to regular season games. Harden and Curry have to prove it in the Playoffs when the game slows down and is intense. The Warriors will be found out then

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

That little girl that has yet to know about strokin' you mean.

4. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

What does it matter? We all know that they both can't touch a healthy Durant or Lebron. They should just call the MVP award the Perception award.

5. Handles

Handles Member

Yea, he's definitely not a great defensive player but there hasn't been a defensive lapses video made for him yet for everyone to joke about. Like I said, perception is everything and that video was a real dagger to hardens rep. Only time and consistent play/winning can overcome that.

6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

This isn't one vs one. Steve Kerr's focus on his teams defense was to clog up the inside and get the ball out of Harden's hands. If we had a 'Clay Thompson', this wouldn't happen and our coach is inept at making in game adjustments to stop Curry. So those numbers are a bit deceptive. Curry is getting open jump shots of pick and rolls and screens all day. Harden is fighting to take his man of the dribble just to pass it out so his man can brick a shot. To me, Harden is slightly a better player because he attracts so much attention and can create shot opportunities for him self and his teammates EVERY possession. Curry is not elite and going one on one, and creating for others, he's the best jump shooter in the league and one of the best all time though.

7. Himdemm

Himdemm Member

I have to disagree on that one sir. His handles are just as good as Harden's if not better. And you have to admit those off hand darts he just effortlessly flicks across the court are Nash-esque

8. archinkent

archinkent Member

Apples and oranges. They don't really play the same role. If we have a better point guard, Harden wouldn't have to play PG so much.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

There isn't a lot of stuff a coach can do with our roster, we basically have duplicate players in the front court, no jump shooters at all. The reason Morey keeps getting these players without them for basically nothing is because they're worth basically nothing.

#29 Aleron, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Harden is better than Curry, I truly believe that if we replaced Harden with Curry, with this roster... We'd have about 6 more losses.

Harden practically single-handedly won these games: 2nd Philly game, Dallas game, @ Knicks, @ Minny, @ Sac, @ Denver, Portland game, @ Memphis, vs Cha & vs Indy.

Having only 3 bad games, against Memphis, NO & the 3 GSW game.

Durant is the best player in the league, but Harden's 2nd.

11. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Curry is PLAYING better than Harden, he's doing way more than just shoot. I have no doubt Harden is more skilled and could take Curry 1-on-1 if he wanted to, but he misses the attitude and relies too much on FTs.

12. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Rockets fans? Man....

Harden is MVP

Thompson really helps Curry. If it wasn't for him Curry would get more attention from the opposing teams defense.

13. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

So, what do the letters in MVP stand for. They won, there team one.

Our team without Harden is in the lottery, GSW without Curry are competing for the 6/7 seed at worst.

Based on your theory, the MVP shouldn't be a race. Just give it to the best player on the team with the best record.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They weren't playing hard or even playing starters for some game.... The difference is we were actually trying.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I never said that lol. Just reminding you and others how little it helps if we can't beat the warrior or other contenders... Who cares how great tMac was with our first round exits. And him being mvp is debatable if he can't get a team this deep to beat the Warriors even once.

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Chandler Parsons is offended....again!....:eek:

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This argument can go either way. The real reason we keep getting owned is because Kerr >>>> McHale every time.

18. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Harden should be MVP this year, but that doesn't mean he's the best player in the league. He's not, IMHO. Have you ever heard of Lebron James and Kevin Durant?

19. Zbed

Zbed Member

Just because we lost to the Warriors 4 times doesn't mean Curry is better than Harden. Curry has a much better supporting cast in my opinion with a much better coach.

20. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

You don't need to sell me. I've watched Harden all year and he's my MVP.

Curry will win the award though. There is little doubt of that to me now.