1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Last 5 games] Harden and EGo have made more 3s than 20 other TEAMS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Nov 11, 2017.

1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Coach Of the Year 2017-18, 1st time MVP and 1st time All-Star.

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

20 teams average 10.5 or less made three pointers per game. Easy to see that Harden and Gordon averaging 10.1 over 5 games would be more than 20 teams over a five game span.

BigMaloe, hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I can make one. Would love to have someone double check the numbers though., since it took three queries.. Dallas was tied at 54, btw, but fell behind us if you update to include their last game.

Here's how to double check my stats

I used the bbref Team Game Finder tool and selected combined games. Then rather than select all games, you click Select Range. I did this last night (see disclaimer) so ran the numbers for teams with 12, 11, and 10 games played.
    1. First double check that JH and EGo are indeed 54-112 over last 5 games
    2. Then for teams Choose <= 54 3P
    3. Then tselect range for Game 8-12, run query
    4. Then Game 7-11
    5. Then only Chicago was left with 10 games so 6-10

BigMaloe, hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Except we were almost last in 3p% until a cpl games ago

DonKnock likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If fun watching for sure but we all know that these guys can't hit during the playoffs is my point. Hopefully that changes. Beating Memphis is a big early season accomplishment. The real test for this team is being able to beat a good team when the shot isn't falling. Aka defensively. Because to beat down golden state... Isn't not about outshooting themit's about outshooting them while being very physical which tend to make the jumpers clank on both ends. I am more impressed with the defense then offense

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No, the real test is when Chris Paul gets integrated into the team,,, can when compete with GSW. Because I don't think there will be any other "real tests" out there that will satisfy you, once that happens. You'll just move the goalposts. You'll see Chris Paul with this 10-3 team, and go wow...yeah well, but can we beat GSW when the shots aren't falling. ;)

just messing with you ... but there is a point in there somewhere ... about Chris Paul giving us more ways to win, and better defense.

Also, everyone always says, "When the shots aren't failing." I always wonders, does that include times when the perimeter is guarded, but Harden, Gordon, Paul and Capela destroy the other team by driving the open lane? Like every one of the OKC games in the playoffs? And that was without Chris Paul, Luc and PJ, and new and improved Capela.

#26 heypartner, Nov 12, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

its simpler to use the NBA site.

http://stats.nba.com/players/tradit...pe=Regular Season&LastNGames=5&PerMode=Totals

http://stats.nba.com/teams/traditio...son&LastNGames=5&PerMode=Totals&CF=FG3M*LE*54

8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

In bold, no......what the **** are you smoking man?

We say that when Ariza starts taking shitty 3pt attempts, Gordon's clearly off, Ryno goes home ryno, Tucker's shooting like his normal self, Harden's tired, Luc hesitates, and for some reason we still refuse to get ourselves easy buckets. That's when we say this getting shitty.

But then again, don't know why I explain anything to you @heypartner. You're a Rockets shill.

SIL

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In normal times this would be a championship team so I can understand why what I write can seem Debbie Downer.

But these are not normal times.

This team can beat any other team in a 7 game series expect one. Boston may be on par but I think the Rockets would edge them out. They have had the softer schedule.

But when you are talking about the warriors you have to keep in mind. They have Curry, Thompson and Durant not to mention a stack of incredible rule players and a top flight defense. This team was barely challenge last year and ran over the Cavs which was a very good team.

If you shoot like we do against the thunder is a Sweep. Generally speaking when you play tough physical defense your offense suffers. In other words - Your shots don't fall as much because you are tied from playing defense.

We outshot Memphis and won. But our penchant for turnovers was not pretty. Against a team like golden state you can't control whether you shoot well or not but you can control defense and turnovers.

I am impressed with this team. I didn't expect them to be this good WITH Chris Paul.

I am just curious to see what happen when we play golden state again

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its ok its clear now, to me, title sounded like that they had made more 3s than all these teams together :)