1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Las Vegas Summer League] Rockets vs. Mavs, Saturday, July 10th, 9:00pm

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketfanatic2, Jul 10, 2010.

1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Magic Johnson could score 25 pts anytime. He dropped 38 pts against the Rockets.

2. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

...and don't forget to throw in Aaron Brooks, our poor man's Allen Iverson. I think we have the best poor man's lineup in the entire league.

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

THIS ^

--RB

4. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i am still on the fence as to whether magic or jordan is the greatest player i have seen.

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Nash, Cp3, deron willialms......are all great facilitators thats can score 25 any given night.

aah, i see you said,"the last25 points."

mbiadh.

#405 tmoney1101, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

they arent redundant...they share in common their athleticism, but wafer had teenager athleticism, taylor has man athleticsm, not to mention wafer is a better shooter and Jt is better off the dribble. Remember Wafer never was that good at taking his man off the dribble...he always did it by faking one way as his man ran towards him after he was doubling Yao/scola.

That being said, i'll take JT over Von...more coachable and he's unlike any player we have...while Bud can closely pull off anything that Von could.

7. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

OK, how long do we need to wait before we can start judging Hill? How long do we need to wait before we can say he totally sucks on offense?

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Long enough for him play in the NBA? Like say, last year when he was a pretty good rotation player for us? Seriously, you're hating on him for two SUMMER LEAGUE games.. when he's already proven he can hang in the NBA last year. One of these is not like the other..

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I really thought Hill did play a good 4th quarter and a good 2nd second half against the Suns
    He didn't fail entirely. A focus thing as stated :p my 2 cents

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It is way too early. 2 disapointing SL games and we forget he was putting up some decent numbers against NBA competition. If he can replicate last season's production on offense while playing with effort on defense he's a legit backup C.

Patterson, despite the poor shooting, continues to look good. He played sound defense, bodying the defender and really went after the rebounds.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He looks like a better more athletic version of Maarty Leunen.

DD

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Did you watch any games last year, where Hill was awesome vs actual NBA competition? You know he had multiple 5 block games right? You know Landry and Brooks were virtual no shows thier first year right? You know Hill didnt play basketball till highschool right?

Jeez.

13. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I don't think you can count on that. He had one 5 block game, pretty much all against Big Baby. The biggest problem with Hill's shot blocking is that he's trying to block on the opponents release. Which is why he's usually slow to react to the shot and is more prone to fouling.

He should be reacting to the shot and trying to get it at the rim. Yao used to have this problem as well but he got much better at it. So there's hope for Jordan but it just goes to show how much work he needs to do.

14. Prince

Prince Member

links pls.