1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Las Vegas Summer League] Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SK34, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Most importantly, even if he keeps sucking like he did tonight, his granny shots are hilarious.

1 person likes this.
  2. Sanity2disChaos

Thank God for football. Smh.

3. Chamillionaire

Yeah you're right. I've just been very unimpressed by his progress. This is his 3rd year in the league? Neither Brewer nor KJ can shoot. Brick city baby.

4. Space City

Space City Member

Obviously Dekker impressed and Wiltjer was solid at what he does. Other than that, it's hard to judge from this game. With KJ and Beas jacking up so many shots, we couldn't really see what other guys could do, GP2 and Harrell especially.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Disappointed in Beasley. He was supposed to be a heavy rotation player but looked awful playing against a bunch of scrubs.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Why do **** let Beasley play of he's only going to shoot? MDA better bench his ass for **** like this.

7. chandlerbang21

:grin::grin::grin:

8. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Can someone that watched the game confirm if KJ's play is as bad as his stats? 3-14? 1-7 from 3?

Beasley I'm not too worried about because I know he can score. At least he can make the rotation.

And no need the compare the two. KJ is the one with a 3yr 10million contract.

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

lol exactly.

Les Alexander will use him for more marketing promotions. MORE MONEY!

Granny Shot ESPN top 10.

Maybe our Logo Ad will come from this...

[​IMG]

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Beasley is fine.

KJ on the other hand just trys too much. He has no shot whatsoever. He should never even try to attempt anything outside of 5 feet. I think he has the athletic ability, but no ball handling skills. Honestly this system just might not be for him.

11. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Dekker and Witjer(?) Looked pretty good. KJ disappointed me, I thought more of his game, Beasley just throwin stuff up, and Id like to see more of the offense being ran thru GP2 and Taylor before I get a read on them. First, game and dont know how much practice theyve had, but still some work to do

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

CF favorite role player who's being held back/needs to be unleashed. ;):rolleyes:

Terrence Williams, Marcus Thornton, McDaniels. . .

1 person likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

KJ was really doubting his 3 tonight, for whatever reason he was pump faking before shooting on several occasions which led to weird shots.

In all I wouldn't worry about it because overall he played well and the 3's will come. At bare minimum he's a better version of Corey Brewer. As to Beasley....well maybe he should stick to China. He was totally awful on both ends of the court even against Summer League guys.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Dekker looked good. The only one that seemed to know what he was doing. I could see him breaking into the rotation.

GPII has the look of an NBA player. Some time in DLeague will do him good.

KJ - That's not the type of game he should be playing. I'm not sure if that was by design, but it certainly didn't fit who he is as a player. Guy needs to slash to the basket and shoot open 3s off the pass....nothing more. He is not a creator.

Harrell - hard to tell where he is right now. He really needs to zone in on defense...that's his quickest route to playing time.

Overall, pretty ugly. We threw a bunch of athletes out there and the game got away from them.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

GP2 isn't going to be shooting and he had some bad defensive lapses, so ... yeah.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Crazy evaluation.

KJ will never be half of Corey Brewer. His 3's will never fall for him, he has the ugliest form. The only reason he is in the NBA is because of his athletic ability.

Michael Beasley is just playing with kids. He can score 40 on those guys if he really wanted. I don't know if you remember but Beasley was our most consistent guy on offense outside of Harden. He said "I was going to be in the gym by myself all summer or come here to get to know the offense and my teammates."'

18. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

so Gentile time? I think he's not also elite in hitting threes..

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Corey Brewer can't hit the 3 even as well as KJ can now and Brewer is a terrible defender.

Beasley is one of those kids and honestly I don't think he's worthy of a roster spot. He can't defend anyone and he's just a chucker on offense. He might score 30 points, he might score 2 points, all you know is that he's going to chuck the ball in the general direction of the rim 15 times no matter what.

When those shots he chucks at the rim happen to go in, people think he's awesome, when they don't go in, he kills the team because he's probably the worst defender still left on the roster with Jones gone and Terry moving on. The Rockets could cut Beasley and lose nothing at all.

20. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Who was coaching the team?