1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Las Vegas Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

Double post

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People are going to politicize this - namely because it happens so often at this point we aren't even that shocked anymore that it happens.

First question - was he a Muslim? 2nd, was he an angry black man? Third, was he a anti-Trump democrat? We've already seen this angle with the gateway pundit - one of Trump's preferred media outlets for real news that is actually fake.

This is just a senseless act of violence. A little girl getting shot in the head? What possesses someone to indiscriminately shoot at people? What makes this guy any different from ISIS? How is it someone can acquire 10 rifles design to shoot 450 people without raising any kind of alarm? These are the questions that come to my mind. Many questions, no answers.

We can be sure of one thing. That bullets and guns don't kill people, people kill people. And had this guy had knives he could have still thrown them down from his window killing 50 people and injuring 400+. After all, just this very weekend we saw two major terrorist attacks in Canada and France where people were stabbed and then a car was used to kill some more people. Should we ban kitchen knives and cars now?

I should disclose I am a proud card-carrying member of the NRA.

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Maybe he was Omar Mateen's spurned gay lover.

heypartner likes this.
  4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I called your position that only politicians can discuss legislation regarding this issue as moronic. not you. It goes against free speech and democracy.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

they take credit for everything. it gives them credibility in that part of the world.

Nook and DonnyMost like this.
  6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

What kind of person hates country music and country music fans that much?

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

possibly that and the fact i was following live police scanner posts on another site. in the moment there were reports of "incidents" at mandalay bay, tropicana, luxor, and folks on foot at bellagio/paris. another report of "wires" coming out of a bag/van near luxor. it was chaotic last night just following all of it.

go away you POS

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Have they lied before?

I was under the impression that ISIS is actually pretty credible with these responsibility claims.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

You've posted this twice now, why don't you elaborate your theory about this one for posterity?

el gnomo likes this.
  10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you are literally the only offender in this thread and need to look in the mirror you POS

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yeah, not sure it's credible. But just as it would be premature to assign blame, I can see that certain posters were starting to get a bit triumphant about it not being the usual suspects. Either reaction is premature.

Nook and Yung-T like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you win the prize for quickest to politicize. Congrats

ipaman and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It is not a theory, it is a question.

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Perhaps because it's already been proven wrong?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-life-before-massacre/?utm_term=.1d2600f2f572

el gnomo likes this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

My initial speculation, without knowing facts, would have been gambling debt, desperation, bitterness, something like that.

Hakeemtheking and malakas like this.
  16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

17. malakas

malakas Member

Don't quote me on that but I faintly remember some months ago they took claim for someone in france stabbing two people and it turns out he was just a crazy.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Politicians are the only ones who can have a meaningful discussions, since they are the one who can actually do something about it. The real world political truth is that the NRA owns enough votes in this Congress to guarantee that nothing will be done.

But his was decidedly not my original point.

My point which I did not make clear in a single sentence that took me 15 seconds to write was not clear to you. How about this instead:

Happy?

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hey guys if you wanna live in a country where you can go into an Academy and buy and AR at 9am and hit the gun range by 10 am you have to be willing to deal with the possibility of seeing 200 people shot in less than an hour.

You can't have an omelette without breaking some eggs.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Do we even know for sure if he was the (only) shooter? What if others were shooting (as well), and he was left as the scapegoat? The situation is so unclear right now. Hopefully they have good CCTV (I would expect they do, in Vegas).