1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Sanders On Why He Left

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PersianRocket, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

This a a morlayyyy move

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jason Kidd canceled Christmas, worked Larry Sanders to the point of convulsions
    link

Larry Sanders never played another game for the Bucks despite a fresh contract

[​IMG]

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Damn, that is stuff you might face in high school/college in the 80s or 90s. I could understand current pro athletes not liking that.

Jontro, DreamShook and roslolian like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well not just current era. Athletes whatever era wouldnt like being called a piece of trash

clos4life, Patience and ThatBoyNick like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If the NBA is a job, there’s got be certain expectations of work conditions. It’s easy to write it off as just basketball, and Sanders just being soft, and they make so much money, but the reality is that’s a job and nobody should have to put up with a co worker or superior trying to emotionally abuse you.

clos4life, Patience, AXG and 3 others like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Curious how this will go for Kidd when he tells fat Doncic to go hard until he nearly dies. What an *******.

clos4life, Nook, Patience and 4 others like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I’d put money on Kidd licking Doncic’s ******* for the job security

Wille Cauley-Stein is the type of guy I’d keep an eye out for

I imagine Boban scares the living **** out of everyone, so he should be safe too

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

I agree. Working on Xmas could be excused but the suicide sprints to the point of cramps and mental abuse are not tolerable despite how much these athletes are making.

For one thing it is the NBA owner paying these players and not Jason Kidd himself. JKidd is just an employee just like these players so he has no right to mentally and physically abuse them.

It's the same thing in any work environment your boss isnt the one paying your salary it's the company, he is just an employee just like you so he doesnt have the right to be abusive.

As for Sanders although I side with him on JKidd it still doesnt excuse him walking away and pocketing the money. He coudl have just filed grievance or asked for a trade instead of leaving the Bucks in the lurch. Doesnt change my opinikn he was just there to scam money and prob trying to go back cuz he burned most of his cash.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Other stories from that tweet thread.

Patience and DreamShook like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is wild to me only because you would think there was one guy on the team that would give a "**** You" To Kidd and bounce.

I can understand this being done to children because they feel like they have no power in the situation, but grown men going along with it is surprising without any push back.

This is a players league, if everyone leaves they aren't going to punish all the players.

Jontro likes this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

boban is a teddy bear, man. nobody is scared of boban.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

what a goat, that jason kidd.

Nook likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

he can't even beat john wick. soft.

DreamShook likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This sort of attitude is not how you win championships or beat the f'ing Russians, IMO.

DaDakota likes this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I seen what Lennie did to them puppies George

16. JW86

JW86 Member

Cannot believe people are excusing Kidd and think this would fly in high school / college. Even demanding people to come to practice when they’ve already booked to be with their families is inexcusable. Jason has always struck me is a weirdo, a guy who thinks he’s tough and plays that role like a Vin Diesel.

Now, the stuff he did to Sanders among others is deserving of a serious punch to the face and quite frankly to be fired and suspended from the league. There’s no place for abuse like that, don’t care if anyone disagrees and I’m sure the millionaire argument will be brought up, but that’s just weak and insubstantial.

Kidd is an ******* for what he did and I hope this leads to an investigation and public apologies at the very least.

Patience, saleem and BossHogg713 like this.
  17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Jason Kidd, an all-time great point guard. In terms of coaching? It seems like he basically went home, changed into PJs, popped some popcorn and watched Remember the Titans, D2: The Mighty Ducks and whatever sports movie he had at home to prepare for life as an NBA coach. I'm thinking this whole Christmas fiasco was him hoping it would galvanize the team and make them come together to win the remaining games in the season, pushing them into the playoffs with Kidd hoisted up on the players' shoulders?

Patience, ElPigto and BossHogg713 like this.
  18. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Your forgot "Bad News Bears" both 1-2 and perhaps the greatest football movie of all "Little Giants."

steddinotayto likes this.
  19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm still trying to find the sports movie where he stole that "I'm gonna have my player run into me, make me spill my water so we have an extra time out" gag from.

Nook and Patience like this.
  20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Sounds like Kidd built his coaching persona completely around Tom Beringer's depiction of Bear Bryant in Junction Boys. Imagine swapping out a coach that yells at inanimate objects for a coach that treats players like one. Nice job, Dallas.