1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Sanders On Why He Left

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PersianRocket, Feb 25, 2015.

1. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe his life is straightened out, he just doesn't want to play basketball.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

We'll find out whatever the problem is eventually. Guy has some serious problems.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He just wants to smoke weed and do whatever he feels like, without responsibilities. A lot of people can relate, I personally don't smoke, but I sure would love to do whatever I feel like.

My problem is that he signed that extension knowing that he had no intention of stopping his weed smoking, meaning he was gonna be constantly suspended, and had no chance of helping the Bucks. Maybe he didn't know he would want to step away altogether, but he never had any intention of giving the Bucks an honest effort once he got paid, and that really pisses me off.

4. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

doesn't sound like a guy that has serious problems to me. he's well-off now and able to pursue whatever makes him happy. good for him. y'all acting like he owes you an explanation are the ones with serious problems. you might hate your job but not everybody else has to

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He's a flake. Got it. I mean, that's what I figured but its nice to have confirmation from him. But, I don't have anything against flakes. I hope he finds himself somehow.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think he owes anyone an explanation, we all pretty much assumed he was a moron before he confirmed it.

7. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

8. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

I bet he wasn't feeling depressed when he was signing the contract

9. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

in todays news, local moron assumes NBA player is also a moron

clutchdabear likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Where is Royce White today?

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I never understood the pressure tall kids have to become pro basketball players until seeing my best friend in middle school (black/Asian kid 6'4) get asked, bullied and pressured to become part of the basketball team at school.

His family didn't need money and his dad was a military man so he didn't have the pressure to get his family out of poverty like manny of these kids do. The kid loved collecting comic book cards with me more than sports. Can you imagine how many kids out there have it like this. Getting teased because you don't want to play a game?

12. jogo

jogo Member

This is the truth but many posters here don't want to see it.

He was admitted to a mental hospital and is dealing with anxiety or depression or whatever. You don't get admitted to a hospital just because you smoke mar1juana. He probably uses the mj to self-medicate for his mental illness. He's got to work on these things but most people here don't think a basketball player can have issues with mental health because they make so much $$$$. Wake up call-mental illness doesn't segregate based on income. He smokes mar1juana AND he has a mental illness.

And don't get mad at him because the NBA has guaranteed contracts. That's just stupidity. If I did my job, got sick, and then had to leave work you're damn sure I'd collect $ if it was guaranteed to me. Don't tell me you wouldn't do it, too. That's the NBA's fault for having guaranteed contracts, not Larry's.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know why people are jeering at him. It's his choice. At least he did play after he got paid and walked away from the money when he decided to quit, unlike Royce White who made all kinds of excuses not to work and still wanted to get the money.

14. hakeemthagreat

How dare Larry Sanders realize his purpose in life is more than a game of basketball. I bet theres another shallow minded kid out there waiting to take his spot...........

You guys sound crazy. Looks to me Sanders had a Dave Chappell momment where he figured out money isn't everything. Kudos to him. Not alot of athletes have this mindset

clutchdabear likes this.
  15. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

right on. hakeemthagreat > bobbythegreat

if its a mental illness situation, obviously being in the NBA is making it worse for him so why would any of you pricks want him to suffer for your entertainment dollar? or suppose that you know what's better for him than he does?

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think anyone other than fans of his team are "mad" at him, it's just yet another example of why teams should probably look out for the Royce White's and Larry Sanders' of the world and not sign them to contracts to begin with. If you're an NBA GM and you hear that a player has an "anxiety disorder" you'd be a fool not to walk away.

Actually, one other group is probably "mad" at Sanders, his family. He really let them down by walking away from one of the highest paid gigs in the entire world where all he had to do was play a game. When he's broke in a few years, that's when the real fun will start.....by then we'll probably have forgotten about him entirely and he'll stay that way till the 30 for 30 comes out.

17. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

The real letdown would be that his family prefers his money to his happiness, and that you think that makes sense. i'm very glad to not be a member of your family

18. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Didn't he bang heads with Lin 3 years ago and get clocked in the head by a Harden elbow last season? Not to say it caused his problems but head trauma is such a random thing. Hit the wrong spot and your life could be ruined.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He'll find that his happiness won't be very attainable once that money dries up. Also, it's not really a choice between happiness and money, it's just him throwing away a winning lotto ticket because he's mentally weak. He won't find his next career any easier, it'll just pay a LOT less. Anyway, it's not a big deal to me one way or the other, short sighted decisions are made every day this one isn't particularly important.

20. jogo

jogo Member

Given the prevalence of general anxiety disorder in the general population (2.9% depending on where you look), you'd expect about 13 NBA players to be dealing with this issue at any one time. And that's only one type of anxiety disorder, not to mention countless other depressive disorders and other forms of mental illness. Any mental illness in the general population is 18.6% in adults, so about 84 players. Other players are dealing with issues, too, but they don't want to talk about it because they'll be crucified just like Sanders is. Should all those GMs pass on those 84 players during draft day?

When he's broke in a few years, that's when the real fun will start.....by then we'll probably have forgotten about him entirely and he'll stay that way till the 30 for 30 comes out.
    It will be fun for you "when" Sanders fails in the future. Stand up and take a bow.

1 person likes this.