1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Sanders and Bucks trying to reach buyout. Should Morey take a chance?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets88MT, Feb 16, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

everytime is +5 games. Next time it would be 15 games and so on and so on.
    He has also to go to rehab if he doesn't the suspension gets longer.
    I suspect at some point the commisioner would get involved and banish him from the league ..after let's say the 6th-8th time?

2. calcium

calcium Member

Very good player but .... I wouldnt do it.

From what I can tell, he's had more that 1 chance in Milwaukee but has
    blown it every time.

3. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

4. hakeemthagreat

How exactly do you not take a chance on Larry Sanders? lol. First off, we NEED to fill in our backup center position. We can't afford to be choosy given the shortage of guys that fit our style of play. Larry Sanders is PERFECT for us. If I'm the Rockets, I bring in Sanders and tell him "hey look, you gotta chance to win a championship here. theres not any pressure on you with Dwight coming back. Just block shots, rebound & run the court". The Rockets are the best situation for him to get a 2nd chance. If I'm Morey, I look at the poor list of options at bigmen, and I give this kid a chance.

5. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Dude does not want to play basketball. He just wants to sit at home and smoke.

I am not sure why we would go after someone who does not want to play. Period.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Larry won't be a FA...That's all I know for now. He refused the buyout.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Royce had created problems in college, but more recently he was scared to get on a plane. Larry sounds really disturbed, the flashbacks that he may create are potentially even worse.

9. malakas

malakas Member

look Larry is so greedy and stupid that he wants the full amount. That won't happen. So there is no point .
    The only good thing is that this will be a negotiating tool during the next Lockout to go away with guaranteed contracts. Larry will do something good after all.
    Also I accept this situation to get ugly and Silver to intervene soon and ban him from the league.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not good for the Bucks, and it doesn't help him out either. I could see Sanders getting waived, but I doubt if anyone will pick him.

11. basketballholic

LOL. I knew that would happen. Indefinite suspension without pay and headed to Adam Silver's to petition voidance of contract.

12. malakas

malakas Member

no way. His agents actually accepted the deal and found it fair. But he himself wants all the money. Imagine how stupid he is. When the agents- who usually are the more greedy- are ok but he says no.

What will happen is will be required to fullfill his obligation by coming to practice and games which he doesn't do and be in shape and let's drug test the heck out of him as many times as possible.
    He can't stay away from pot . After one more suspension without pay for pot and documented failure to come to practices Silver will step in and banish the POS from the league.
    Even the NBAPA will agree BECAUSE Larry is an extreme case that will harm them in their future negotiations.

13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

That's what I posted earlier then someone replied to me ( he doesn't want to play for the bucks ) I do believe he actually trying to rip off the bucks by refusing even a buyout which makes you think he's interested in the money ONLY

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

We shouldn't. Literally nothing you can do if someone simply doesn't want to play the game

15. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Should be plenty of centers that can match Dorsey's production if Sanders were to fail (which he probably would) and subsequently waived, so the only risk here is to Leslie's wallet.

16. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

17. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Lol, even if we're to use the methodology provided in your link below, the only two people that are better interior defenders than Larry Sanders out of all the players above that you listed are Gobert and Hibbert. Sanders ranks ahead of all those other guys even using the link you provided, lol, smh.

So yeah, even this year with inconsistent playing time, Sanders is still one of the best interior defenders in the NBA.

Here's a link for you to read:

http://www.sloansportsconference.co...of Interior Defense Analytics for the NBA.pdf

"The most effective proximate defender in our study was Larry Sanders; opponents shot only 34.9% when he was within 5 feet of their shot."

"Lastly, due to his outstanding performance in both case studies,
    we conclude by suggesting Larry Sanders is the best interior defender in the NBA."

#117 Kwame, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  18. Remii

Remii Member

Why not... And if it doesn't work the Rockets lose nothing.

19. coffeelover665

This dude is right below Royce White for me.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Oh c'mon. He didn't lie about being able to travel so that he could screw multiple NBA franchises out of cash.