1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Coon lowers the boom on JB and any Utah Offers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 6, 2016.

1. SuraGotMadHops

BJ is sounding like Jerry Lundegard from Fargo here, he's wanting the whole deal but he's lucky if he gets a finder's fee.

dogoflust, heypartner and payaso like this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If I were a 6 year old with a bad back I'd definitely just be looking out for myself.

NotChandlerParsons likes this.
  3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

He absolutely wrote the contract numbers in extremely dull pencils.

heypartner and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If anyone has a twitter I'd tweet this at D-mo. Either he doesn't know or he's willing to let his agent take a year of playing time away from him

5. Nivos

Nivos Member

That should have been a thread like 3 months ago

Easy likes this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

lol!

Morey's response to D-Mo acting like a 7 year old:

alethios likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is a conversation I had with Bobby Marks from The Vertical who has read the offer sheet

First I showed him Feigen's tweet to clarify:

Response in three parts

Corrected wording at the end

JJWhat? likes this.
  8. heypartner

Continuation of discussion now @BimaThug chimes in

Did BJ have any clue that the Incentives don't have to be honored, by CBA Rules?

9. heypartner

And here DaDakota weighs in, saying BJ should be fired, for potentially not knowing that the negotiated Incentives don't need to be honored by matching. DD is very consistent on the way he views player negotiations. He knows business contracts and negotiations as well as anyone on the bbs, and he never minds ppl seeking to maximum what they want. "It's just business."

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

In all honesty, Houston should honor those clauses, just to show they want him and to move this forward, because if not, they can't trade him and they don't have a happy camper.

@dmorey has a chance to come in as a hero here.....

I mean DMo is losing 6m here.....that is a lot.....and yes, his agent should know - but that is a lot of $$$ and can cause you to have a VERY disgruntled player.

DD

11. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

There I fixed it haha

Edit: not sure how to attach images lol

12. valorita

valorita Member

At some point, the player is not worth the trouble.
    Case and point Royce White.
    Dmo has burned too many bridges.
    Rockets are done with him, one way or another.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

It kinda depends....

This looks like BJ goofed the contract, Morey said "Gotchya, b**ches", and D-Mo's camp is acting out as sore losers trying to save face on their OWN goof.

Rockets cheaply or not they just exercised the provision handed to them. Rockets didnt write the deal, BJ wrote up a nice deal for them indirectly.

If D-Mo can humble himself to the fact his agent got gamed in the business part, this is as good as it gets, and he only loses more from here, then working relations have chance to be restored.

14. DaDakota

No, they won't because we are talking 6m dollars here, DMo will not be happy about losing that, and neither would ANYONE on this BBS.

Hopefully the Rockets realize this, and do the right thing and match his whole contract, that makes them come out as heroes in DMo's eyes....and makes him a happy camper.

It is a win win situation.

And the fact that Bev is tweeting about this should not go unnoticed, role players around the league would also take notice.......Morey's reputation as a trader, is an issue with some players - matching also makes him look more player friendly which can't hurt.

DD

JJWhat? likes this.
  15. hooroo

hooroo Member

BJ's with the Wasserman group. They know what they're doing. If anything Morey's rep among the players takes a further hit and he gets offside with the player's union.

JJWhat? likes this.
  16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

How do we know for a fact the rockets are striking the incentives from the contract ? If it's normal to keep them in sure they have kept them . Maybe they want to renegotiate them but that's not a sign of bad faith .

They couldn't even get him in for a physical so we don't know what the final status of the contract would be .

17. DaDakota

Well, usually there is a REASON you don't show up, don't you think that they asked the Rockets if they intended to match the incentives already? I know BJ is a moron - but to me it is pretty clear that this is about the missing 6m.

I guess someone in the media will have the stones to ask.......

DD

JJWhat? likes this.
  18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

This guy said earlier this week that the competition committee has never made a rule change that has helped the game and attacked the League office for penalizing Draymond kicking Harden in the face. The Warriors owner is on that committee btw

Now he's talking about contractual rights that they have, that they clearly do not have.

The group might know what they're doing, but that doesn't mean he does

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Usually sure . But nothing about this RFA has been usual . The amount of vitriol BJ has been spewing on Twitter is unusual in itself.

At this point I think you have to assume the rockets are playing this by the book. And that includes following the usual protocol of matching incentives. Occam's razor points to BJ and Dmo being the stubborn ones because the rockets have done nothing but be upfront publicly and are still saying publicly they would welcome him .

DonKnock and Jayzers_100 like this.
  20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Personally if there was a provision that, for example, only allowed just 1/4 the pay, yes itd be cold as hell to exercise it and say "Thats all you get, your fault".

But its business too. BJ should have known that and not made options available to the matching team. Thats how restricted free agency works especially when you're trying to LEAVE the team. Just cuz some team will throw out like $25 mil in bonuses doesn't mean the next one has to. They lost out on themselves.

Some thirsty guy might take a 3/10 girl out for a $400 a plate 5-star dinner, but doesn't mean cuz he did that I'M gonna do that. (Sucks but the feelings won't matter lol)

Jayzers_100 likes this.