1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Langhi versus Lewis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Apr 5, 2001.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We will see it tonight. Langhi gets some minutes if he is over the stomach flu that Cuttino Mobley's mother's cooking gave him. Lewis is a young, tall, shooter with hops. Langhi is supposed to be a young, tall, shooter with hops.

When need Redraft Lewis to insult Damn Lanky and bring him out of his shell.

Everyone root for Lewis to trash Langhi early like Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss tried to do until Dan....until Dan....

loses all thought, breathes sweaty concentration into his hands staring at the floor during a time-out; Rudy yelling for Walt; then everything slows down with only hollow sounds in the huddle as Langhi steps into Rudy face to say in a trance-like monotone..."ISO coach, ISO"... Rudy does not have to hear those words of pride; he sees the eyes; his own eyes when he was a focused 22-yr old shooter. Cuttino hears it too, and those were the very same words he said to Rudy in the huddle in his first game as a rookie. Those are words of bonding for Cuttino. Now he wants vengeance for Langhi.

Rudy sizes up the situation and says; "Walt, stay down...Cuttino, you are in...24 High for Langhi. Break!

"And boy," he pulls Langhi aside, "They will be surprised when Cat passes it to you. Take it strong."

2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

LOL Rock! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------

4. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Langhi vs Lewis? This is so lopsided that it shouldn't be a topic.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

5. heypartner

Dan takes it to the hole for a slam. Dan needs some slams in his system. The shots will fall.

Lil Francis...you overrate Redraft Lewis. There is nothing that proves he is any better than Robert Horry. The guy is a Horry clone...no dribbling, just shooting and jumping, and a system and star that gets him the ball in the open.

6. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Dan just needs confidence. He's a better shooter than lewis, despite what we've seen on the court. Also, though Lewis may have the edge on athleticism, Langhi aint too shabby either.

------------------

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

hp, I see you've marginally upgraded Lewis. You used to say that he was just another Carlos Rogers, now he's another Horry.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Whats with the barrage of Langhi topics these days? He is not very good, wont ever get many minutes this year, and is no fan favorite yet. At least he shouldnt be. Langhi vs any NBA starter is sad.

------------------

9. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

I think Lewis is a much better rebounder than Horry and more consistent shooter, but I see where you draw the comparison...

------------------
    P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ziggy,

It is better to be thought of as stupid, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Langhi is going to be a very nice NBA player, he just needs time on the court to develop.

DaDakota

------------------
    If you like RTS games, check out this one.

www.frontierwars.com

coming soon to a PC near you.

11. alaskansnowman

and once again, he gets no minutes... I guess he still had that damn stomach flu.

What bad luck! Finally, when he gets his turn to play, he gets a damn stomach flu.

------------------
    PrEsident of The Danforth Langhford FAN CLUB... He IS our future All-Star Small Forward

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Stomach flu my a$$!! Dan LANKY sucks worse than an out of practice hooker in Singapore!

------------------
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

13. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

So in other words Langhi is better than Lewis? You may like Langhi thats cool but lets just be truthful. If we had Lewis right now we would have the 8th seed.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

14. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Seattle is now the 8th seed?

Mango

------------------
    Get it right or just don't do it!
    Resistance is futile....you will be assimilated.

15. heypartner

No actually, I've always said he was Robert Horry (and probably said Carlos, too)...and I've seen you've marginally upgraded Robert Horry to Carlos Rogers status.

quit looking for heypocrasy....you won't find it.

Here...I'll bet you, if you find heypocrasy that both DaDakota and Mango agree on I will change my moniker to anything you say. If your challenge is wrong, I get to change your moniker.

bet me...you Cluckish Austinite.

16. Jim1965

Jim1965 Member

Did you see how Lewis got nervous every time Dan moved around in his seat? I think he was afraid Langhi was going to enter the game and kick his ass.

------------------
    Bob Rainey is my hero!

17. heypartner

lol Jim!

drat...we must dream!

18. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

LMAO [​IMG]

------------------

19. alaskansnowman

RocketsPimp:

Quit hatin on my boy Langford. [​IMG]

------------------
    PrEsident of The Danforth Langhford FAN CLUB... He IS our future All-Star Small Forward

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well I will tell you what, he is a HELL of a lot better then any of you.

[​IMG]

DaDakota

------------------
    If you like RTS games, check out this one.

www.frontierwars.com

coming soon to a PC near you.