1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Landry Locker: MDA will sign extension

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 10, 2019.

1. amaru

amaru Member

I hope they change something as well but a tiger doesn't change its stripes. Hard to expect that Mike will all of a sudden change his "coaching" philosophy.

cheke64 likes this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

Coaching is not that important, only accounts for 5 wins on average.

amaru likes this.
  3. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Thanks, but I really recommend you stop listening to 610.

justtxyank likes this.
  4. macan

macan Member

welcome back MDA! now let's just run it back....

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm ok with that. Let's avoid drama and let's focus on finally sticking it to the damn Warriors next year.

Oh, and Go Raptors tonight!

Deckard likes this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Also, this time he knew some other team would snatch him up quickly if the Rox dumped him. Averaging 59 wins a year with the Rockets has upped his value.

D-rock likes this.
  7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Considering in the West that is the difference between 3rd seed and like 8th seed, I would say that coaching is pretty important then.

D-rock likes this.
  8. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

On a side note, in case anyone wants to see a small glimpse of the relationship that Daryl and D'antoni's agent have (Warren LeGarie):

I actually found it thoroughly entertaining.

D-rock likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is Landry Locker his real name or is it a gimmick name? Also who the **** is he and what does he do?

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He's not picking his assistants, so obviously there's a change being forced.

Also Mike has changed more than the average coach has changed. Two years ago it was unimaginable he would play at the slowest pace in the NBA.

If he can change that, there's a good chance that with the organization getting involved in assistants and him being in extension talks, something will change.

Obviously he's not going to change the core philosophy, it's a top 2 offense using just one elite scorer. You don't need to reinvent the wheel here. It's getting more out of our offensive talent than we could have dreamed. I don't believe for a second there's a coach on this planet who could have gotten a top 2 offense out of this roster. I think to some extent people don't realize that every playoff team's offense looks worse as the competition gets better in the playoffs. We just need a solution for the obvious scenario where Harden goes cold or needs to sit for stretches.

What needs to happen is a hybrid system with ball/player movement and at least one player who can create shots from a different place than the perimeter i.e. a big forward/C that can create opportunities for us.

HP3, xaos and D-rock like this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It just isn't the time to play with a lame duck coach. Many assistant coaches were already s***-canned. Good luck getting players to come here not knowing whaddup.

12. amaru

amaru Member

This all sounds good and I hope you're right. But I just have this sneaky suspicion that we have already reached the peak of the D'Antoni era.

13. amaru

amaru Member

Don't really have to worry about players wanting to come here. We are essentially capped out. I know we can hope for S & Ts but those are always long shots. The only way we are improving this team is via trade....don't necessarily need a players approval for that.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Love your posts, Cod. Has anyone outside had the guts to ask them wtf happened in the final quarter of the last two games?

I like to think they're feeling what I'm feeling but more.

15. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

16. MystikArkitect

He’s mid 60s, has a pretty decent nest egg at this point and has probably learned that stressing out about a few mill here and there or a series here and there isn’t worth it.

I love Mike’s attitude towards things. Doesn’t stress about trivial garbage.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

good watch.

seems most likely that Daryl and Warren were at an impasse, and Warren did LOTS of leaking, so Daryl went straight to MDA, as makes sense.

Mazulis likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At least they did not walk it back.....oops.