1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lance Zierlein vs Nick Wright

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CheezeyBoy22, Jul 15, 2013.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Eh, Adam annoys me. He's smug and thinks he's a Logic Wizard. Matt has diarrhea of the mouth and will literally say anything.

Lance/Charlie - If I want to be put into a Coma, tune in Charlie. His degree from Syracuse doesn't make him any less boring. Lance is not funny, voice sucks.

Nick/Lopez - Lopez just sucks, no redeeming qualities period. Nick is not bad but guilty by association.

Josh/Rich - LSU alumn, the most annoying around these parts. Shock-Jock wannabee, Racist, D-Bag personified. Rich is your typical New Yorker, Yankee elitist. Reporting without facts and liberal use of hyperbole. Similar to Matt just doesn't sound as dumb but is.

Koch/Kalu - Kalu's BASS voice makes it hard to listen too. All NFL.
    B. Warner - Being old doesn't make you a legend, it just makes you old.

About the only guys I really enjoy are Matt Thomas and Mike Meltser. They seem to strike the best balance between sports and entertainment for me.

2. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I tend to agree that Adam is a bit arrogant with his opinions and sometimes Matt just tries to be contrarian, stumbles, and ends up sounding like a bumbling fool. That said, neither of them have terrible takes, whereas every time I listen to 610 (increasingly rare), whoever they have on spews nothing but awful takes and displays a complete lack of knowledge about sports.

Matt Thomas and Charlie Palilo are legit, though. No reason to listen to anyone else at those times. Adam Clanton (currently holding the fort for Matt Thomas) isn't bad, either, though he doesn't talk enough sports.

Out of everyone on 610, though, I hate Warner the most. He's old and it shows. He talks gut feelings instead of reality, and then thinks because he's old, he's always right.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He's got a face for radio.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Does Matt Thomas even offer any serious analysis or opinion at all anymore? I feel like his whole schtick is mocking the fact that he's a sports talk host that wants to be a game show host.

Mike Meltzer is on 610 at noon and he is outstanding. That's the only time I listen to 610. I actually thought he and Brad worked really well together personally, but I'm fine with Seth Payne in the time slot.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This is probably the best comment I've seen in one of these AM radio threads. Repped good sir.

6. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

I like Matt Thomas and the dialogue between him and lance is always funny. To be honest I don't care what any of the guys takes are. Pretty much zero news is broken on any of the stations so take it for what it's worth, entertainment...and mt is pretty "fun".

Meltser is legit and I wish he would move from 610. Seth is pretty good, he might try a little too hard to be funny, but at least he isn't full of himself. Ideal world I would have granato and lance morning, Matt Thomas in an in between show(shorter), meltser and mj lunch, Charlie alone for drive home.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

While matt doesn't take his show so seriously (which is a GOOD thing), he probably offers the best and most logical sports takes of anyone on the radio. He does plenty of sports but doesn't dwell on the same topic over and over and over and over ala Charlie palilo

8. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

It sounds to me like you probably need to find a good Pandora station to listen to while driving....

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That Lance and Bun B stuff today was surprisingly amazing. Get Bun B a show. Make him Mayor. Something. Who's Nick Wright for real? A food truck chef?

10. primtim24

Yeah...Charlie's on vacation right now, but I'm sure when he gets back he's going to want to talk about how the Astros suck....smh

11. primtim24

Yeah, considering Bun's profession I think he can surprise a lot of people with how educated and well articulated his thoughts and words are. He should be a guest more often.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

"Well articulated" is an understatement, he puts thoughts together better than just about anyone on the radio period. He's better spoken than Lance.

13. primtim24

Yeah he's not like some of these other rappers/entertainers who appear on these sports shows for ratings. He genuinely loves his city, and his sports. If you didn't know who he was and your 1st time hearing him was on the radio, you would definitely think "Man, who's that guy, that's the 1st time I've heard anyone on 1st take make any sense"....lol

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I have no idea who he is and was listening today beginning at around 3:45. The segment was already underway and I figured it was just some random sports guy that Lance knows filling in while Charlie was out. He was very good. Then I started thinking "maybe he's a former athlete?" Then finally I heard Lance call him Bun B.

15. primtim24

Bun from the streets:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B9RpDUwuPQo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then the articulated version:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Zh_Tj7TJi7s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Lance has been in this market forever...he was on 610 forever. He was on 1560 until they completely sold out what they had built. Has zero to do with his ego.

17. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Basically this

18. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Not sure why you feel this way. Lance is down to earth and humble, really approachable. We've hooped before and he still invites me to play sometimes with Nuno(another really cool guy)and some of the other radio guys. They're all good people.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Hope this turns out better than Lance vs Clutch if some remember that. Clutch laid the meme smackdown on him.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Personally I like every show with the exception of in the trenches. I haven't heard it much lately, but I'm sure Adam Clanton is around. I just feel like they try too hard to be the "football" show. Like more or less ignoring that we just signed Dwight Howard. I think Matt Thomas is hilarious, and I really enjoy Charlie/Lance, as well as Adam/MattJ. I don't take any of it too seriously though.