1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lance Zierlein leaving 1560

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BP0803, Aug 11, 2011.

1. jdh008

jdh008 Member

That's what I gathered too. MJ has been retweeted a bunch of tweets from former 1560 listeners saying that they are going to be 790 listeners now.

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Matt Thomas deserves to keep his spot. He's a very smart and talented radio host.

Mighty has got to go.

790's station should look like this.

Matt Jackson and Adam 6-9
    Lance (and another radio guy) 9-12
    Matt Thomas 12-3
    Charlie 3-7
    Craig Roberts 7 to whenever

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Have to disagree there. He seems unsure of his own opinions sometimes and regularly stumbles over his words. He also overuses a lot of the same phrasing to the point that every show feels like I just listened to it the day before. Of course, the fact that we're in a dead zone on the sports calendar doesn't help, especially a solo host - but still, I don't notice it with other (good) hosts on the station.

Personally, I think he'd be much better suited for a duo with someone who can bring the humor (because when he tries, it's painful).

- MJ & Adam from 6-10

- Matt T. & Lance Z. from 10-3 (hell, it even rhymes)

- Charlie from 3-7

- Craig from 7 to whenever...

*Gwinn can go die in a fire.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Matt thomas is ok, but his knowledge on sports is lacking.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

This used to bug the crap out of me but he is easy to listen to and if the conversation stays in general terms and avoids specifics, he is good radio.

I think Dylan is about to be history, his sports knowledge is pathetic and personality is just nails on a chalkboard.

I would love to see a pair of Lance and Danny Vera in the afternoon slot.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Houston has too many sports radio stations as it is, one of them was bound to die.

Peace out, 1560.

7. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Funny you should bring up Danny Vara. I actually tweeted him a while back asking when he was going to get back in the radio game. He responded by saying that those days were over. I don't know if he said that because he hadn't received any offers or because he no longer wanted to be a part of it.

I personally loved Danny V., particularly when he was doing nights with Wex.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

dmorey Daryl Morey

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I liked me some Danny V too.

I actually like 610s weekend stuff. It might be because it's the only thing on.. but it's good compared to their regular weekday guys.

Matt and Adam 6-10
    Lance 10-12
    Matt T 12-3
    Charlie 3-7
    Glenn Davis/Craig 7-9

or

Matt and Adam 6-10
    Lance and Matt 10-2
    If you have to keep him, Gwinn between 2-3 or some other scrub. OR MK BOWER. He doesn't suck. (and you satisfy, why is there no black guy on the radio, how racist is this station caller, race bait caller)
    Charlie 3-7
    Davis/Craig 7-9

or
    Matt and Adam 6-10
    Matt Thomas 10-2 (maybe they can throw in Gwinn if you have to)
    Charlie and Lance 2-6
    Craig Roberts 6-9
    (do people really want to hear soccer for three hours, I think so. but just in case, between 6-7 on the days Glenn Davis has Soccer Matters, some dude can do a show between 6 and 7 and Davis can do his show between 7-9)

Matt and Adam 6-10

So what the hell happen to Raheel? I thought he was entertaining.
    Have Raheel do those spots that I just mentioned. He can fill the why is there no South Asian representation on Houston Sports Talk Radio? That is so racist. Clear channel is a racist Radio thingie.

What ever happen to radio caller Collie?

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

indeed. I would seriously like to hear the rational of the person who decided to put him on.

11. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Raheel left to take a job at a social media company. The official word from him was that he had always wanted to work in social media so he couldn't pass up this offer, but I'm sure the changes at 1560 helped make that decision.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It's sad that a guy like barry warner who is pretty much a racist has a job. his whole jj knuckle head thing reeked of racism. I really hope lz gets a job doing drivetime. He is so much better than a lot of these guys. Sec guy and the hatchet man were awesome.

1 person likes this.
  13. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I like this lineup. I wonder if Matt Thomas can work with a co-partner though. I dont think MT can handle 5 hours seeing as he does the pre and post game shows for the Astros. I like MT because his personality is good and it seems that he knows what he is talking about. I agree with most of his points.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

calling the dude a racist is a bit extreme.

15. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Lance is by far the best sports guy in town, I will follow him to 790 in a heartbeat. Lance is both knowledgeable and funny. I used to love 1560, now it sucks. I can't stand Shaun, he thinks he is a comedian, but he is just lame.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don't think Barry is racist, he's just old and senile. "He's Jewish, so he can't be racist" (i think)

That's good for Raheel.

The only thing I really hate about 790 is who the owners are.

17. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i go on vacation and my radio gets jacked up again. I really need some hatchet man updates and sec guy takes. The real loss is that we dont get to hear from granato's kin anymore.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Exactly. If you're looking for nothing but sports talk, Matt's not your guy, but he's a pretty good talkshow host, which makes up for it. At least to me, anyway.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Matt used to work with Daron Jones when he was at KSEV back in the mid-90's. I like the way he and Ross work together, too. Of course, poor Ross takes the brunt of that "relationship". lol.

#79 Dr of Dunk, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  20. liljojo

liljojo Member

I mostly like MT because he treats Dylan Gwinn like a punching bag.