1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lance Stephenson signs with Hornets - 3 yrs / 27 m

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swishh, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Jason Terry + Troy Daniels for Lance.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kwhdcrd

The funny part is that Trade Machine actually projects Rox to win 1 less game with that trade.

Having said that, having Lance as the 6th man intrigue me.

Especially when Rox can play a big small ball. With Lance, Harden, Ariza, Papa and DMo.

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I was about to wonder why would the Hornets want two Tyreke Evanses, but then I remembered it's Charlotte Hornets now. Darn NBA and its name changes.

3. NotChandlerParsons

I believe the trade machine also projected us to lose wins with the Martin + etc for Hardne trade soooo.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Tyreke and Lance together would be like the Morris Twins, except more similar.

Anyway, Woj reports that CHA has talked to IND and BRO.

5. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

I think the Hornets should be forced to suffer Stephenson for at least one year, in a "no-refunds" policy.

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

As much as I dislike the guy for being a goofball and just straight up stupid, he can create and does all things good enough to be a solid 2 guard off the bench. Pair him with Terry, no way the guy is going to be a distraction because the Jet will crash into his ass like he's a warzone.

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

I understand we could use a scorer to come off the bench, but I have a hard time seeing Stephenson being that guy. He seems like he wants to try to get more exposure and more playing time, not coming off the bench.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Didn't Morey say he avoids low-bball-IQ wings? I don't see it happening, thankfully.

9. Space City

Space City Member

This guy would be a cancer to the locker room and he has stated he will not come off the bench. Keep him away from Houston.

10. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

He's not a good shooter/scorer with only a career 12.2 pts per 36. A good sixth man needs to be instant offense to extend a lead or get the team back in the game. Decent playmaking and D are nice, but aren't the main things you need from a 6th man.

11. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

He's either goes to Indiana for scraps or to Brooklyn for an overpriced Joe Johnson.

12. hakeemthagreat

Would LOVE Lance on this team. We are gonna have to take a risk on something, and I'd take this one in a heartbeat. I'm not sure what Charlotte's trying to do, but put Lance in a uptempo system with no plays and he'll be a borderline star.

13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

What does he consider Terrence Williams? That dude was dumb as ****! #wordapp

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Josh smith the stretch 4.

15. spankz141

spankz141 Member

If the Hornets are desperate to trade him..

Lance absorbed with the TPE (if not with TPE...then Jason Terry)
    Troy Daniels for a future 1st (same protections as the NOLA pick)

Then we can try to trade Lance, the NOLA pick, Hornets pick for a Dragic or Milisap or whoever.

That is a great trade package right there! Even if we can't trade this package this season...you definitely have some teams interested in the offseason.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If they have to sweeten the pot just to have us take him, why in the hell would another team actually give us something of value for him?

Stephenson is radioactive right now, the TPE would be a more valuable asset.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It was after we got rid of TWill that he made these comments. I'd say it was because of TWill he made these comments.