1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Lance Stephenson offered 5 yr / 44 mil from Pacers, but wants more and will talk to other teams.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swishh, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Bledsoe/Stephenson/Tucker -- that's a unique and exciting trio of players to have on the same team. Bosh would have really fit in nicely there.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Goran is better than Lance-- better shooter, less turnover-prone.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If your the Suns though, Stephenson is best option for a Dragic trade.

Bledsoe will get the max, Thomas guy guy 7 mill a year, they drafted Ennis, Dragic expires next offseason and will also get 4 years 55-65 million. Dragic is also 28, do the suns really want to give him a 4 year contract and be paying a 31-32 year old Dragic 15 million per while they already while Bledsoe (24), Thomas (25, Ennis (19) are all much younger and locked into long term contracts at the point?

I highly doubt it, they're going to be trading Dragic soon, by the season start or at the deadline. They should sell him while his value is high right now and not wait to send him out as a half a season rental at the deadline.

Pacers need a point, Dragic would be amazing for them. Stephenson is 23, a SG with size at 6'5 230. He and Bledsoe would be a monstrous back back court, throw in Thomas and Green as their back ups and you have a very, very good back court.

14 points, 7.2 boards, 4.5 assist on 49/35/71 % shooting, the Suns are going to get a much better young player for expiring Dragic.

Bledsoe/Thomas/Ennis
    Stephenson/Green
    Tucker/Warren
    Markieff/Marcus
    Plumlee/Len

Insanely young and talented team.

4. roidrage

roidrage Member

Trade harden for love sign Stevenson

5. delishman

delishman Member

Suns have tons of cap room. Sign Stephenson outright and trade Gogi for additional assets.

6. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

But Lance plays the game with so much passion, at least it looks like it.

7. Omer

Omer Member

Should we sign this dude now that Parsons is gone?

8. rockets13champs

CAN WE GET HIM??? He can rack up triple doubles!!!!

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Whoever does end up with Lance is going to be happy about it... I wish we would get in on the action, I think he is exactly the type of player our team is lacking I just dont know how he fits in the rotation

10. arjun

arjun Member

I think Stephenson can play the 3 and him and harden can switch in defense depending on the matchups.

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think he could play the majority of his minutes at the 2 , Harden is an incredible distributor and Lance has the defensive chops to guard some opposing PG's I think we could run the two of them out at the guard positions together .. and as previously mentioned he can also guard 3's well enough to get some minutes there although I think Harden is more suited to guarding 3's than lance.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Without parsons, Stephenson makes some sense...but not at 10 mil

A 2/3 rotation of harden Stephenson Ariza is nice.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I would offer whatever we have to get this guy. Hopefully on a short term contract.

He is a rich man's Parsons.

14. Pete the Cheat

I get more of the journeyman chucker vibe myself