1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LaMarcus Aldridge?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Red Nation RGV, Jun 15, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Ibaka?

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

In the random trade thread I through out a "re-arranging the deck chairs" trade of Anderson for Ibaka. Might make sense for both teams if their primary, secondary off season moves don't materialize.

hakeem94 and sammy like this.
  3. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

If the offseason went to complete hell and the only move the Rockets made was swapping Anderson for Ibaka and bring everyone back then I would call that a big win. I've wanted Ibaka on the Rockets for a few seasons now. Him and PJ in the middle with Harden, Paul and Gordon would be pretty deadly.

Hakeemtheking, RyanB, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ibaka has dropped off tremendously on the defensive end

BigggReddd and dkim1984 like this.
  5. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Cap for LMA sounds good, but Spurs aiding a SWC foe to a 'ship for Capela in return is the questionable part. Especially when Cap was inconsistent as he was against GSW. They may match in salaries, but there would need to be additional pieces in place to compensate, or I think they would want higher valued picks than we can provide.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

then how about the white Ibaka?
    @basketballholic knows well who he is

7. Red Nation RGV

True true, and giving up more is just out of the question. I think you or someone earlier had posted LMA is 33. I didn't realize that until I read it lol

8. mockster

mockster Member

Prove to me otherwise, LMA has been nothing but soft that pop even had to call him out

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

LMA has been a great player, but I think he is running on fumes.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

There is no question. I only proposed an Ibaka/Anderson swap thinking he might offer more value than Anderson right now...which is zero. In other words a "re-arrange the deck chairs" trade.

11. basketballholic

Besides lebron......

Let me be clear here, I believe a lineup of Paul, Harden, Lebron, Ariza, Tucker is the check mate kryptonite to the Warriors lineup of death.

But focusing on centers....I think possibly DeMarcus wouldc still fit very well with us offensively and could be passable defensively. Or at least I think we could work around most of Cousins defensive issues in our switching scheme.

Don't know if Cody Zeller is available....but he'd be great in our system with pick-and-pop potential outside the three-point line.

Richaun Holmes is another athletic, fast, quick, big that can switch, finish on the PnR, and shoot the 3. And he might be attainable in trade.

#71 basketballholic, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. basketballholic

It was so effective we quit running it.

:rolleyes:

#72 basketballholic, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Honestly, this trade probably would make sense for both teams but the main difference is perception. People will say I’m ridiculous for thinking this but Ryno has been shopped SO hard he literally would appear to be useless for every team which is not true. He’s just super overpaid but he was the starting power forward for a great team all of last year as well as a big part of this year.

Ibaka has started to stink it up a whole bunch but you don’t see Toronto feeding the media about him being a cancer or deadweight.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

thats bc toronto isn't a legit contender and never were. they've always been a pretender so it makes sense they don't get attention

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

No tampering though

Vivi likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Portland can have him.

He is the same age as Chris Paul and has two more years on his contract. The Blazers aren’t winning a title adding him.

17. LUK3

LUK3 Member

i still want him. :rolleyes:

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

well they're going to the finals without him, according to jet and chuck ;)

Nook likes this.