1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LaMarcus Aldridge?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Red Nation RGV, Jun 15, 2018.

1. macan

macan Member

only if they are willing to take ryno's contract..i doubt it..

2. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

That's where I think it falls apart. He's slow and lacks lateral mobility. He would be a total liability on defense. Same reason we couldn't play Nene or Ryno.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nah, better go for Foster Brothers....

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Keep in mind that Aldridge turns 33 this summer... he may not have as much market value as some of the other big names presumably available. Only a small handful of situations where he makes sense.

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I like the LMA acquisition. I’m confident LMA can be worked into our (Rockets) scheme.

The fact that he can log minutes at both PF & Center appeals to me.

Defense: vs Warriors get your small ball lineup as good as you can get it.

This is why I proposed bringing in other shooters for spacing in addition of the ones we have.
    Because we may have sit both Capela and LMA in order to punch thru.

Little Bit and BigggReddd like this.
  6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

yeh, that'd be as ridiculous as having a guard trying to cover him in the low post... oh wait a minute.. lol

ApacheWarrior and bulkatron like this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Definitely doesn't have the lateral quickness / agility to keep up with even bigger guards much less the quicker ones.

I'd look elsewhere as he doesn't fit the mold of the modern positionless player.

The Rockets and Warriors have changed the league so much in the past couple years that a player as good as Aldridge is a liability defensively.

That's why keeping Capela is paramount , he's what makes their defense go , so few big men have the ability to switch onto guards and not be a total liability. They have to be such a dominant force on the offensive end to make up for that …. makes you wonder how some of the great bigs of the past would fare in todays perimeter oriented league.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Though he had a good season last year, I see him losing it in a hurry. Too many miles on him. Especially for the kind of dough/ capspace that could be used on someone else.

Deckard, hakeem94 and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Aldridge may not have that high of a trade value but there is absolutely no way we could acquire him in a straight up trade unless we give up Capela.

I guess maybe a three way trade with a team looking to add veterans and willing to give up their first round picks but a) those picks wouldn’t be very high and b) I mean you may as well take Aldridge yourself rather than help us get him and take a Tucker

It only gets interesting for us if said player can become a free agent and insists on coming here

10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Referring to 16-17?

hakeem94 and kjayp like this.
  11. Know Your Role

Does Lemarcus play well against the Warriors? Kinda the only stat that matters at this point. We're the second best team, so damn close.

don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

We've proven that perimeter defense can beat the Warriors, but LaMarcus would not help in that regard.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://bkref.com/tiny/C4SRi

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes we saw it a bit when Anderson wasn't emotionally and mentally drained in the beginning of the season with Chris Paul. That's why I think if they lose out on Lebron I see Kevin Love moving to Houston. He can pick and pop from the three point line down...

15. Know Your Role

BigggReddd likes this.
  16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We have nothing to offer a rebuilding Spurs team for LMA.

18. GageD

GageD Member

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

My fear is exactly this - that he becomes Ryan Anderson 2.0. He's a good paper fit, probably not a good actual fit.

20. psman2

psman2 Member

Even if Spurs took Anderson and two 1st for LMA, I don't love the fit like many posters above. If we strike out on our big targets then I say we go nuclear on the cap and swap Anderson for Batum straight up. Hornets do it to shave a year off his contract, we get a playmaking wing that we have been missing for a decade. We keep our picks and Batum is likely a better fit than LMA.

rocketman4325 likes this.