1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LaMarcus Aldridge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Apr 6, 2013.

?

Ideal Rockets PF?

1. Hell yes

355 vote(s)
    91.3%
  2. F no

34 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Bring him home. Max him out, sign him up. Make the Rockets a contender.

2. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Hate? because I don't think he's the right guy?(unless he starts shooting three's)

Maybe you should stop HATING on the guys we have :rolleyes: Or how about you stop HATING on other peoples opinions.

3. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

It seems most people here only seen Aldridge play against the Rockets. The guy is vastly overrated here.

4. AFS

AFS Member

He does seem to light it up whenever we play them. Maybe he's treating Rockets games like auditions.

5. AFS

AFS Member

Also, while he'd be a good fit, I think Chris Bosh and Kevin Love would be better fits. Wouldn't consider him ideal.

6. carayip

carayip Member

You made it sound like LMA's D is DMo bad or Harden bad. He is not! He's not a rim protector by any means. But we have Asik for that role. Like Bosh, LMA is highly underrated at man to man and PNR D and would fit perfectly our D as well O at the PF position no doubt.

But we have little chance of getting him.

7. carayip

carayip Member

Why does LMA or any PFs for that matter need to shoot 3s to be considered a good fit? He has a mid range jumper to provide enough good spacing.

8. dudeimfromhtown

i would take kevin love over aldridge

9. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I still say YES to Aldridge.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

the rocket's philosophy involves 3-point shooting PFs. that's why they are telling D-Mo to shoot 3's and wanted scola to as well before they ditched him

11. carayip

carayip Member

I don't buy it. Big men shooting 3s is more of a bonus than a necessity. I would think McHale would much prefer a PF with post moves than shooting 3s.

12. QuaDouble

QuaDouble Member

He would be a good fit and a vast upgrade.

Love or Bosh would be better, though. Like it or not, this is not a team built for mid range shooting. Morey believes in points at the rim or points behind the line, because stats say they're the most efficient.

A three point shooting forward is preferable to a mid-range one, in his mind (and mine.)