1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LaMarcus Aldridge trade & Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MLLins, Jun 23, 2015.

1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Good news is Dorsey is probably gone now too

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Realistic statement. Try and get a good backup PG, and re-sign Beverely.
    Don't settle for Prigioni and Ish Smith.

3. H-Tine Aggie

H-Tine Aggie Member

Yah and he's playing killer defence right?

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

You thought wrong.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

So all of a sudden, for Harden to be considered a good player in the playoffs, he has to have crazy offensive numbers as well as play elite defense? That's like saying...LBJ choked in the finals, he couldnt even shoot 90% of his free throws.

Has Harden been known for playing killer defense? Did Howard suck in the playoffs because of his FT shooting? Same with Josh? In other words, who played well in the playoffs if they have to be on point with every aspect of basketball?

Defense has never been a strength of Hardens...and not sure what that really has to do with the argument at hand.

6. H-Tine Aggie

H-Tine Aggie Member

Y'all manage to look at everything he did well and ignore what he didn't do. But yet again it's clutchfans and that's what I'm here for :)

Btw my main argument is that we don't need a PF and we should focus more on improving the PG and SG positions.

7. rezdawg

No, your argument was that we didnt win games because of Harden, which is nonsense.

And no player does everything well, it's a pointless topic of discussion.

Where was Curry's defense, he sucks, lololol.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Wow so we should improve the sg position? Get out of here troll harden is the best sg in the game and top 4 player overall. He has no real weakness in his game anything is just nitpicking. How many guards avg almost a blk and 2 steals? Only harden you fool.

9. TheRedRocket

TheRedRocket Member

I've lurked around CF for years but never before posted. Understand I am in NO WAY an insider by any means but happen to know a few people with other organizations. Thought I'd pass along what I was told. Don't take anything as definitive or preeminent.

LMA would love to land in SA due to his texas ties and love for Pop but is looking for max (obviously) and POR at this point does not want to facilitate a SnT with a WC team. Most likely landing spots are in LA and ATL. He'll look to make a decision quickly and move on.

Cousins being traded is pretty unlikely.

TOR will be blowing up their team during the offseason. Lowry has am interest in coming home.

As for the PG position here in HOU is interesting. Lull- Rox are obviously all over him and think their chances to land him are good. His money would probably be $15/3 range as opposed to $24. Lowry- would still be in play even with Llull on board. Bev- Mavs likely signing him to an offer sheet and Rox won't overpay. Lawson- Rox are warming up to the ideas of him and he and James have been hanging out a lot this offseason. Don't be surprised to see him end up with Karl in SAC though. DEN also blowing their roster up. Rubio- as everyone know Murray has a man crush, but probably not likely.

Smoove's situation could be more interesting than Brewer's. If LAL strikes out on Love and LMA they might offer him $8-10 and that is hard to pass up for anyone.

People don't see Love back in CLE. Was told he REALLY doesn't want to go back to CLE. If LMA lands in LA his options are going to be limited and it could come down to Rox and BOS. CLE will work a SnT.

That's all I got. Again I am not an insider like bballhollic so take all this with a grain of salt. Even though I don't hear things often I always think it's fun when I do, so figured I'd pass along.

10. H-Tine Aggie

H-Tine Aggie Member

People that speak the truth without bias are considered trolls? Ohkay

11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Beverley played like **** last year. His defense is never bad but he lost any confidence he had in the little offense he produced. Either you upgrade the 1 the 4 or the coach & im not talking about sticking Scola & Collison in there.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm still waiting on fAggies numbers he promised to post once he got home.... or did he just never make it home?

13. rezdawg

Nobody here has said that Harden plays great defense...that's not what's expected from him. That's why, when healthy, Beverly, Ariza, and Howard are in the starting lineup....to promote defense, while Harden carries the load on offense.

What Harden did in the playoffs is exactly what a superstar is supposed to do.

You're not speaking without bias, you're speaking with expectations from Harden that are impossible for any player to achieve.

Fact of the matter is that Harden played incredibly well and you're the only person that thinks otherwise (and no, Im not talking about just on Clutchfans).

14. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Let's just assume Rox could get LMA, how are we gonna get him the ball in the post? We are horrible at post entry passes.

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

D MO. ...I thought got his fair share ... I think Aldridge becomes your number 1 option to at least run your offense through him and not to him like the Spurs do now.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Dwight would hate this team having Aldridge. He'd be relegated to put back man for sure.

17. rezdawg

What makes you say we are horrible at it?

Entry passes are easy when the guy posting up is actually a post up player.

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Stop replying to that fool's comments - you're feeding the idiot troll

19. Ismail

Ismail Member

Not sure if posted:

Link

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With any luck, we'll see what Sergio Llull will be able to do about getting the ball in the post to our big men. My guess is that he'll do very well.