1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LaMarcus Aldridge trade & Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MLLins, Jun 23, 2015.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I think there is a lot of weed being puffed if people think we can get LMA. I would eat a hot steaming pile of dog crap if we did though

1 person likes this.
  2. dram1

dram1 Member

oh boy...you will quickly forget making this statement if somehow we get him...lol...

3. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Sucks for Portland...they are about to lose their cornerstone player for nothing!

4. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

I'd say we are the 2nd best option for him, so I'd kind of be worried about betting against it.

5. NotChandlerParsons

That much, at least, is guaranteed :cool:

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Seriously, the more I think about it, the more D-Mo, Capela, and a pick or two is a great haul if I'm Portland as opposed to letting him walk.

Maybe I'm overrating our guys but that would be one of the better sign-and-trade hauls that I can recall.

7. Amir's Johnson

Did you purposely post this at 4:20? lol

8. Rocket_Man_2.0

It will be a sign n trade to either the Rockets or Spurs. If Aldridge wants to win a championship(s), he chooses the Rockets. Rockets are still young. Spurs are way too old. Duncan 39, Ginobilli 37, Parker 33 and slowing down. Kawi Lenord is a good player but he's no James Harden. This Rockets team with Aldridge would be head and shoulders better than everyone else.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Do EVERYTHING and ANYTHING to get LMA to Houston.

Harden + LMA Pick and Roll game would be one of the hardest covers in the NBA.

10. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

But he does very well in the playoffs

11. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

LMA will push for signing here just for the opportunity to see that first hand. ;)

12. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

nothing a little salt and pepper won't help. Getting LMA would almost make it worth it.

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I don't know why clutch fans wants LA so badly . He is a good player but is going to be 30 this season and is not worth gutting the team over. We arguably were the second best team in the nba last season . Why shake things up so much ? It is rare that a contending team has a chance to have some continuity and build chemistry over the offseason . We have an outstanding mix of veterans and youth . I think people remeber what Aldridge did to us in the playoffs a few years ago and think he is that level of player all the time . Outside of those first two games he really wasn't that spectacular the rest of the series much less the playoffs.

If GS winning this year has taught us anything it's to go for depth over top heaviness. When you commit so much to a few players like cleavland did when one of them gets injured it kills you . Plus Cleveland has Lebron . By the stats last year . LA was not a top 20 nba player . He might not be top 30 . This is not a dude I would gut the team for . Now if he is willing to take a one year deal for low money sure sure why not but he is going to get paid big time and we cannot pay him without giving up substantial assets. I like our young bigs dmo and Capela more than most and Portland would certainly ask for them in a sign and trade. Let me ask clutchfans what our record is once we gut the team to get Aldridge and end up starting KJ as SF . Oh and Howard misses about 30 games and Aldridge misses 10 too . Health is important and in absence of extreme durability depth is needed. Howard has a few good years left but with harden we have a potential 10 year window if we can turn dmo / clint into top 10 bigs which both have the potential to be . Also llull and other Pg's we can pick up have high potential . If Johnson learns how to shoot he will be a better Beverley which is a top 15 pg . We have so much to work with Already , don't throw it away to take a 1-2 year gamble on Aldridge and Howard's health .

14. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Does anybody else think that LMA announcing his decision to leave the Blazers this early in the process is to give the team acquiring him enough time to make the necessary moves to clear space to sign him? Or to help Blazers to sign and trade him? It is draft day after all. Most guys wait a bit longer to make their intentions known.

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I think they've known for awhile hence the Batum trade.

Now it's up to LMA to decide and as soon as he names a team the Blazers will likely take whatever they can get in a sign and trade.

In other words it's not a matter of coming up with the best trade package it's about being the team that LMA wants.

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Harden, Howard and LMA = UNBEATABLE!

17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Bring him on. I will take one for the team. Stir fried can't be all that bad. Right?

18. H-Tine Aggie

H-Tine Aggie Member

We don't need a PF.. We need a SG and a PG that will be able to carry Harden in the playoffs.

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Lebron , love , Kyrie unbeatable ? Not if they aren't healthy and with Howard's track record it is a risky thing to bet on his health. I'm all for taking shots to contend but we are already a contending team . We went to WCF last year despite missing two starters . Give this current team another offseason to gain chemistry and make some marginal upgrades like getting llull and they have just as good of a shot at a title as a team with the proposed big 3 . It's all luck anyways , but spreading out talent across depth gives you a bit of a cushion if injuries do happen.

20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

My sister is old friends with lmas baby momma. They are still good friends and she is a spurs fan but still onviously is very involved with lamarcus as they share a child. My sister just texted her asking what Lma is going to do and she said back that he is leaning towards the lakers. The info is real but she might not know what she is talking about but apparently he owns a house out there

1 person likes this.